Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2024 Allianz League

Go down 
+80
Kildare127
Borderline
micky murphy
Boggerlad
White Bridge
Sleeptight
kildaregaa365
Admin
Columbo
kelf
Sam1928
centreback
srg hartman
Taibi
Snowwhite
Cassanata
ChasingSam
Nuxerfromthe50
Southern Gael
DannyBoy
SplitThePosts
Clubman
Highball
murof
bite the pillow
ontheline2024
ClaneLillywhite
Lily899
Leead64
Cilldara_2000
MD
if_in_doubt
Twentyeight
Onhisboot
totalgaa
Gaa1928
FlourBag_1
lomond
Liffey Likes
Kildare999
Thelillywhites
CillDara 2024
jimmers
Ontheterrace
Macckers1928
Flamingo
TommyKeegan
Football101
Kildare98
TheGreatof1928
TheBigDog#
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Earl_Kid
Kildarelilly
FionnMcCool
newornowhere
OutTheGap
MickosMen
lilysavage
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
TheSquire28
Ohtoohtobe
BearintheSquare
shunta15
Botch
gunnerman
Badger85
Rex
TheManInTheStands
rgb
NorthernLily89
Lilywhite forever
Wrecktheshop
LillieLad
lily92
Kildare-Tom
moatesports
Onechance
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:37 am

Rex wrote:
I've followed Kildare since, well as far as I can remember. My grandfather was on the 1926 team, played with some of the legendary players from then but got injured. My father would tell me about going to see Kildare with him.

But one day my father just didn't bother going anymore and would tell me we'd never be any good. I always laughed and said sure it's still my County win or lose, mainly lose obviously. Well I'm desperately trying to stop myself being exactly like my Dad. Just feeling apathy to it all. .

There was a time I'd be nearly physically sick with nerves before a big game and a loss would have me in foul mood for days

But this lot are killing me. I just don't really care anymore and that scares me that like my Dad one day I'll just stop altogether.

Same Rex.

I sometimes think to myself are we/I over reacting .
We've been in much lower positions in the league in the past. We've been knocked put I'm 1st round of Leinster in past with no back door.

For me it's the overall general apathy of the team and management towards their performances or lack of performances. When I hear Rainbow and Ryan say we'll continue to try improve or that it was an improvement on last week, I genuinely feel anger in the form of violence towards them for coming out with such tripe.

There's been zero emotion from anyone involved. Just an acceptance.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:46 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Offaly's fall from grace was 30 years ago,   a great county with great football traditions,  all the big names came and went,  Lowry's money etc,   look at them now,  that's where we're heading,  the worst in my 55 years of following Kildare,  I'm honestly heartbroken.
Yes indeed. Offaly once a massive force in the game are now a minnow. One of the so called weaker counties. Which is sad for them.

And just to point out Offaly's last All Ireland victory was 54 years after our last one. I genuinely believe that we're heading the same way. We are heading that way.

This all could have been avoided if the county board got their act together years ago. This will set up back another decade or more. Mark my words they Will struggle in Division 3 next year.

I've been depressed since the final whistle. Not just because it's another bad defeat, but because i know we're fucked. All the underage success has been ruined.
What example does this set year for youngs lads coming up. They won't be interested in playing intercounty. Scarred by the previous and present lot that have scars by playing and failing.

This is the pits. We've hit rock bottom now. And there's no way back now, imo. We'll be going from Division 3 to 4 and back to Division 3 again but nowhere near Division 2.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:53 am

Echo the sentiments of many on here .. this is the pits.. many hardcore fans are just trickling away and its death by a thousand cuts .. horrible to see

The only only solace is looking at Derry going toe to toe in division 1 considering where they were 5 + years ago.

It’s always darkest before the dawn

That’s the only thing I’m clinging to

Ohtoohtobe, OutTheGap, Botch, Lilywhite forever, LillieLad, Liffey Likes, Southern Gael and like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:00 am

Just to point out if you want to talk about managers. We had a very talented team in 2017 on the rise, and at the time Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane tipped us to be a big force in the game. The wrong man in Cian O'Neill didn't help things. He was a disaster too.

He must never get an exception because he handled the whole Newbridge or Nowhere fiasco well.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:49 am

Highball wrote:
Echo the sentiments of many on here .. this is the pits.. many hardcore fans are just trickling away and its death by a thousand cuts .. horrible to see

The only only solace is looking at Derry going toe to toe in division 1 considering where they were 5 + years ago.

It’s always darkest before the dawn

That’s the only thing I’m clinging to

Reading that.... I would take Gallagher now.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:00 pm

I'd take Gallagher. Fuck it why not. He was never charged of anything. When you're desperate then just go for it. A quality manager to be fair.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:08 pm

Step right up folks...presenting the next installment of "The Rocky Horror Show". Just when you thought things couldn't get worse.....Kildare v Donegal. affraid
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:09 pm

Here’s a thought. Instead of all of us ranting here in this echo chamber, would we be better off emailing the county board and making our feelings known? It’s all too easy for them to say “we’ve received no complaints”.

KILL BILL, OutTheGap, LillieLad and bite the pillow like this post

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:28 pm

I hate to call out individual players on here but our captain once again, my God. There was a moment when he tried a pass with the outside of his boot and it went straight into a Cork man’s arms, don’t know if they got a score from it ‘cos I turned it off straight away. Our captain! A corner back! Really shocking stuff to witness from an experienced inter county footballer.

You’ve got to feel for Feely, man is all alone and trying his heart out while the others continue to embarrass Kildare football.

Glenn won’t quit, it’s not in his DNA to walk away when things get tough. Unlike the losers he’s managing.

A bunch of brainless losers with no work ethic, no heart, nothing.

Once you get into the habit of losing it’s very hard to get out of it, you get comfortable with it, it’s gets easier each time. Players walking around, hands on the hips, you know it’s done.

1-3 at the end papers over the cracks, they were demolished today.

Embarrassing bunch of losers.

Lilywhite forever likes this post

Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 8:16 pm

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Just to point out if you want to talk about managers. We had a very talented team in 2017 on the rise, and at the time Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane tipped us to be a big force in the game. The wrong man in Cian O'Neill didn't help things. He was a disaster too.

He must never get an exception because he handled the whole Newbridge or Nowhere fiasco well.

The wrong man??? And who would have been the right man for that job? Many here cried out for the legends when CON go the job and here you have them..... CON's record is a lot more respectable that what you are making out. He got Kildare promoted in his first 2 seasons, to a leinster final in 2017, and left them better placed than they are now. He didn't achieve what he wanted to but then again you can only work with what you have....

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 9:21 pm

Write it off , pull the blinds and forget about it. 3 goals and bet again. Never thought I’d see them as bad as the Jason Ryan era

Last edited by TheManInTheStands on Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 9:29 pm

County board meeting tomorrow?

Thelillywhites likes this post

Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 9:31 pm

BearintheSquare wrote:
County board meeting tomorrow?

Wouldn't hold the breath for any good news, same old dribble!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 9:56 pm

Has to be addressed though right ??

Like relegated with 2 games to go essentially. Saw on twitter last night that even if by some miracle we won both games, its still a 50/50 shot as to whether we stay up.

And to make things worse, this is as weak a Division 2 lineup as ive ever seen.

Meath, Louth, Fermanagh, Cork, Cavan are all bang average. Obviously Donegal are going well and Armagh to an extent but its as weak a lineup in this division as we have faced and we are 0-5 already with a write off coming next week too
Back to top Go down
TheGreatof1928
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:09 pm

It most definitely has to be addressed in the County Board meeting as it was addressed a month ago and things have worsened.

The Chairman said he told the management team results have to improve and they have not so the Chairman will look incredibly weak if he doesn't follow up.

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:12 pm

Snowwhite wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

The wrong man??? And who would have been the right man for that job? Many here cried out for the legends when CON go the job and here you have them..... CON's record is a lot more respectable that what you are making out. He got Kildare promoted in his first 2 seasons, to a leinster final in 2017, and left them better placed than they are now. He didn't achieve what he wanted to but then again you can only work with what you have....
Relegated with 7 defeats in D1 in 2018. Struggled in D2 the following year. Think they lost 10 competitive games in a row under him. Hammered by the mighty Carlow by 10 points in the leinster championship. A highly rated team in 2017 and he contributed to making a balls of it. Now piss off.

Taibi and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:23 pm

Lilywhite forever wrote:
I'd take Gallagher. Fuck it why not. He was never charged of anything. When you're desperate then just go for it. A quality manager to be fair.
I've read some tripe on here .....including your assumption that you have the right to tell other posters to piss off.
Your assumption that desperation is an excuse for employing someone just about scrapes the barrel.
The current management team may be in trouble but it's football trouble not something far darker. And your 'he was never charged with anything ' is the kind of bullshit you hear in a pub toilet at one in the morning.
I suggest you withdraw your post.

Cilldara_2000 and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:34 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
I've read some tripe on here .....including your assumption that you have the right to tell other posters to piss off.
Your assumption that desperation is an excuse for employing someone just about scrapes the barrel.
The current management team may be in trouble but it's football trouble not something far darker. And your 'he was never charged with anything ' is the kind of bullshit you hear in a pub toilet at one in the morning.
So what about the clubs who currently hire him? Should they be condemned? Do you not believe in 2nd chances? Is he supposed to be punished forever? What about employment? Should he never work again and live off social welfare, or should he not get that either and be left homeless?

Bet you're a fan of Mike Tyson. A wife beater too and convicted rapist, but still loved by all.

He's not going to get the job so relax. The point i was making is that kildare GAA is a fuckin mess and desperate times sometimes require desperate measures.

Think before you start posting shit back in my direction.

ClaneLillywhite likes this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 pm

The conversation regarding Gallagher is a weird one for a Kildare forum on a division 2 thread.  Apparently he wasn’t found guilty and has full access to his kids, make of that what you will. He’s a good manager but with all the controversy behind him I would rather someone else.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatof1928
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:54 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

I am afraid you are very wrong here. Yes, he was investigated and never convicted. You can't slander someone in the pub toilets at 1 in the morning and defame them for something they were investigated on and insufficient evidence was found.

Fuck me like - how do people not understand this basic principle. It can literally destroy lives.

Accusations NOT convictions.

And for the record my position is it would be a bad hire for the negative attention it would bring.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:05 pm

I've seen the damage domestic abuse causes. Extremely hard to get a conviction in court also.

I wouldn't be using the lack of convictions as a year stick.

We really shouldn't be looking beyond trying to get Davey in if he becomes available.

LillieLad and TheGreatof1928 like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:22 pm

There's managers in England who have been accused of domestic violence and still in a job. You don't hear anything about that. A famous scotsmans son being one of them. Attacked his wife. Charged and pleaded guilty too.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:44 pm

Lads we need to stop talking about former managers and issues with potential managers. Let's be honest - Glenn and the lads are here till the end of the year.

We have often been down in the dumps here, but a lot of it has been frustration over inconsistency. Finally we know what to expect week in, week out and it's not good. Cork will use this result as a springboard - it's likely Louth will too..

We had good spells v Cork but then got brushed aside in the 2nd half, but it was coming. One bad pass on the edge of the opposition D shouldn't be the cause of a clean run down the field. Their corner forward then broke 2 half-hearted tackles right at the end of the firrst half and the writing was on the wall...

I can't believe how unfit they are. That is something that you can control. I know lad here are talking as if it is an attitude but they look gassed out there with plenty of time on the clock.

lilysavage and TheManInTheStands like this post

Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:52 pm

Let us see if the club's who voted McGeeney out will be brave and present solutions to the next country board meeting. It is clear players hate playing. Yes this year is a write off but I would guess almost 1/3 of these players won't come back next year after this year's experience. The county board should ask Naas to represent us in the last 2 league matches to allow the Kildare players to get away from this despicable mess and give them time to get ready for the Leinster championship under need management and build a new panel. The new players will be scarred from such a toxic environment.

LillieLad, ClaneLillywhite and The rising sun like this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 12:32 am

I know it’s not really a done thing in the Gaa with the exception of Donegal and Limerick recently, but I don’t understand how the management team can continues on. They are all incredibly proud Kildare men and gave there all every single time they went on the pitch but how can they stand over this. Surely they know the damage they are doing by sticking around.

Thelillywhites likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2024 Allianz League
Page 21 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next