Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Players who have impressed this weekend...

Go down 
+12
The Oracle
wingback
hope
White Bridge
Ogie
paddypower
tomcruise
Oneill
smokey
bob12
Jimmy winning matches
TheBigFullForward
16 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

Players who have impressed this weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:09 am

(In the four games that I was at)

Darroch Mulhall
David Holligan
Paddy Dunne
Mick Foley
Cian Reynolds
Pierre Ennis
Tommy O'Neill
Padraig Fogarty
Shane Connolly
John Fogarty
Emmet Bolton
Cian Bolton
Tommy Archibald
Eoin Kavanagh
James Kavanagh
Sean Hurley
Cathal McNally
Niall Vaughan
Keith Cribbin
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:23 am

alan smith
conor tiernan
pierre ennis
jason judge
shane connolly
tommy o neill
padraigh forgarty player of weekend
david whyte
gary white
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
(In the four games that I was at)

Darroch Mulhall
David Holligan
Paddy Dunne
Mick Foley
Cian Reynolds
Pierre Ennis
Tommy O'Neill
Padraig Fogarty
Shane Connolly
John Fogarty
Emmet Bolton
Cian Bolton
Tommy Archibald
Eoin Kavanagh
James Kavanagh
Sean Hurley
Cathal McNally
Niall Vaughan
Keith Cribbin

fair play to ye for getting around to the matches a real supporter
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 am

kevin o neill had a good game today
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:34 am

Was at the Ballymore v Eadstown game as a complete neutral as these two teams often give a good game even if they are both going bad. First have to say James Kavanagh was super, simple get it ,give it, take it, ran the show. In the second half the Boltons came into it and the younger is one for any notebook. Big and rangy typical Geezer size was impressed
Back to top Go down
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:19 am

Sean Hurley is from JTB is a class act. Hard to believe he's so young. His fielding today was excellent. Few great scores as well. And he's well able to take a hit for such a young man.

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Went to the Moorefield v Allenwood game yesterday and simply , it was the worst senior championship game I have ever seen in St Conleths Park and I have seen many.Allenwood set out their stall well and gave no space to the Moorefield forward line.But I do not know why they bothered because the Moorefield forwards when denied space are the most limited skillwise six or seven from within the so called good teams in the county.They scored one point from play and that was from David Whyte who was at midfield.With the extra defenders , Allenwood were then unable to make any impression on the Moorefield defence because of a lack of numbers.

David Whtye and Mark Hogarty ( JD is carrying a foot injury ) were ok but after that it was the most dire crap imaginable and patrons should have been given a refund on leaving the ground.I have not seen Athy yet but surely the cup will go south again this year.Moorefield are simply not good enough for me and the Sarsfields folk were telling me that they need another few years.Apparently I was lucky to give the first match a miss.

I saw the Geezer leaving the ground and I hope that he wasn't too shocked by what he saw.
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:37 pm

TC... You need to go to more Moorefield Matches if you think "Simply not good enough"! Moorefield were bad yesterday when their forwards simple HAD A BAD DAY and they still won. Their backs had a good game especially Kevin O'Neill. David Whyte had another great game and how shorty is Kildares number one over Corley I will never know! Paddy Murray had one of his worst days for Moorefield that I have ever seen and he is a major link between the backs and fowards! But like all Talented players such as Paddy, he will be back with a bang! You can write them off at your pearl TC but no team will want to draw them tonight and I know why....
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Paddypower

Nothing against the Moores but I am certain that there are one or two better senior teams than them in the county.Their forwards are simply too poor.I think that nobody should fear them in the draw tonight. If I am proved wrong so be it.

ps who last week was tipping Straffan to beat JTB ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 pm

tomcurise i looked at all quater finals in newbridge at weekend . the athy v kilcock was painful to looked at . kilcock only 2 points in frist half and 1 points in second half
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:23 pm

to be fair, Moorefield's forwards have long been their problem. In tight games they have rarely produced. Their success has always been based on an unforgiving defence and hard-working midfield, Paddy Murray kicking his frees and adding a few points from play and then one or two other lads managing to kick a point. They are great at dogging a win. They'll never look very impressive apart from against poor teams but they know how to win games. I wouldn't rule them out but they are not as good as they were and even in the times of Leinster title, their success was not founded on their forwards. It looks wide open to me which is great.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 am

I'll admit I'm biased but when Geezer mentioned that one or two more lads from the minor team might be promoted to senior squad I'm sure Sean Hurley was one of them. He was outstanding yesterday and is a very exciting prospect!
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:10 am

I rate Hurley above dowling and moolick and on a par if not better than cribbin...has great physique for senior football also.will be a serious midfielder for the u21s next year.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Fully agree with you tomcruise. Both games in Newbridge on Sunday were poor... I thought Philips did quite well for Moorefield at midfield, Johnny Doyle had a quiet enough game...Allenwood's number 8 was impressive also as well as Jason Judge.

I dont think there are any clear favourites for this year's championship...anyone can win it...

tomcruise wrote:
Paddypower

Nothing against the Moores but I am certain that there are one or two better senior teams than them in the county.Their forwards are simply too poor.I think that nobody should fear them in the draw tonight. If I am proved wrong so be it.

ps who last week was tipping Straffan to beat JTB ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 pm

I'd rate Hurley about Cribbin and Moolick, but not so sure I'd rate him about Dowling... he was played massively out of position for county minors... he was teh one Geezer wanted on the panel but had to wait until the minors were beaten. They're both pretty close. I'd say Podge Fogarty will be getting a call too. I'm told Declan Brennan was outstanding for Rathangan at the weekend, would be nice if he was willing and/or able to commit
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:18 am

I think Declan Brennan is going to college up north so doubt we'll see him on a kildare team any time soon.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 am

Anyone else reckon that Max Bradley is worth a look at?

I've been inpressed anytime I've seen him in recent months.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:26 am

kickingking wrote:

never seen him do anything special when ive seen him play!!!!full back for JTB is good....donnelly i think??
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:20 am

The Oracle wrote:
I think Declan Brennan is going to college up north so doubt we'll see him on a kildare team any time soon.

Pity although that in itself wouldn't be enough to put you off if you were keen - Shorty was travelling over and back from Scotland every week last year - and he was doing it for no place on the team. But given that he was unavailable this year, you'd think maybe it will be the same next year... still, there are some real carrots there too
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:04 am

walsheman wrote:
kickingking wrote:

never seen him do anything special when ive seen him play!!!!full back for JTB is good....donnelly i think??

Mickey Donnelly
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:56 am

Ogie wrote:
I'm told Declan Brennan was outstanding for Rathangan at the weekend, would be nice if he was willing and/or able to commit

Dunno about your sources there, apart from being quickest to the rebound rom a penalty, I'd say he played alright. Certainly wouldn't say he was the standout performer. That honour would go to Brian Mullally, as he has been every time I've seen Rathangan play.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:52 am

was a relegation play-off aswell,wud hope he planned on playing good in championship at least once this year for his standard
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:17 am

tomcruise wrote:
Paddypower

TC, can I ask do you still feel the same way? Or may be you CHOOSE not to notice
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Paddy power

Eating my humble pie.Maybe the sash are the team to beat the Moores.Was out with a few of my clubmates on saturday night and they were very confident that Moorefield would beat Athy and they were right.I must also compliment the sash on their great win.I have always felt that tradition plays a big part in the GAA and it sure did on saturday.Lets make no mistake but the sash have been a great club for a long time and I suppose that they are extra driven this year given everything that has happened.Not a time for predictions yet but I hope that it is a good final and may the best team win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players who have impressed this weekend...   Players who have impressed this weekend... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Players who have impressed this weekend...
Page 1 of 1