Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

alan barry back for the final

Go down 
+18
backatlast
Big Full Back
abl
rubencarter
The Oracle
wingback
rgb
Loads of Pints
Sam1928
paddypower
TheBigFullForward
centreback
homerj
kildarecat
walsheman
Ogie
Yellow Pearl
sillycow
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

alan barry back for the final Empty
PostSubject: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:27 am

alan barry is back for the final. county board are so so weak, video show him running and jumping on a player off the ball.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:42 am

Told you here a few weeks ago not to count any chickens.

Ha ha ha get over it

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:08 am

It's very bad form though - we, in Kildare, give out about decisions we are the victims of, the cronyism that goes on in the GAA but we're the same. The man is a county team manager. That's why he got off. Hope Kfm and the papers give this the mauling it deserves
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:30 am

Ogie wrote:
It's very bad form though - we, in Kildare, give out about decisions we are the victims of, the cronyism that goes on in the GAA but we're the same. The man is a county team manager. That's why he got off. Hope Kfm and the papers give this the mauling it deserves
totally agree with ya 100%....be even bigger war if he scores winning point or sets up goals!!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:36 am

Does anything surprise you with this organization?, even the most die hard of Sash fans couldn't deny me a whinge about this, obviously both the clear video evidence and the refs report were totally ignored out of what ogie describes as cronyism there can be no other explanation for it?.

Too late for the local papers to comment on it as they were published on tuesday, a couple of the sporting journalists will be guests on KFM Friday evening I suppose?, but I wouldn't wait up in anticipation of any strong condemnation on their behalf as the relationship between the county board and the local media is almost incestuous!.
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:06 am

i believe the clear video evidence your taking about was obtained to not incriminate him but to get him off it showed he only used minimal farce i mean force and should of only got a yellow instead of red
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 am

farce if they are using the video evidence now then why didnt john fogarty get banned for his clear strike on a carbury player
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 am

i think you missed the point centre bac alan barry used it in his defence was fogartys on the kildare tv i didnt see it
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:21 am

This is an absolute joke.

Is this the first time video evidence has been used in Kildare? Is this even permitted?

No matter what force he used, Barry ran 10 yards to strike an opponent from behind. It's a blatent red. Anybody who saw it at the time would have said it was a red, certainly around me and nothing has changed from the video I have seen.

Would this happen for anybody else? I don't think so, it certainly seems as if the county under 21 boss has got a major favour here and it stinks.

Why should anybody else in the county serve any suspension after that?

Would Moorefield be entitled to appeal this to Croke Park because surely the Kildare Gaa can't be acting off their own back and saying that a lad who was sent for striking an opponent isn't banned two weeks later. Do they have to answer to Croke Park on an issue like this?

11 months down the line, if KIldare were in an All Ireland final to play Dublin and Bernard Brogan had been sent off for the exact same thing in the semi final and had a ban overturned, the same people who let Barry away with this would be up in arms over it.

The county board and the ccc and whoever else sanctioned this have just made a farce of the county final in my opinion.

Just to state, I'm a neutral and have nothing against Alan Barry, this is the county board or ccc's fault but it's Barry's name that has got this overturned, not what happend on the field.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:28 am

The big full forward excellent post and you make some excellent points!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 am

it's not about the force but the intent... there's no question that it's because he's the county U21 boss... a disgrace - and I'm not from Moorefield
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Guys, the more I think about this the more it makes me angry. The country board have a hell of a lot to answer for on this. I'm told Alan took advise from a solicitor and went to the County board begging to let him play because its his last years and they give in. I'm also told they refuse to give Moorefield a reason as to why they overturned it. There is something seriously wrong here.

BUT having said all that, I think it will back fire on Sarsfield because it will just pump the Moorefield lads on a bit more....
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 pm

do the suspensions even matter i know of a lad from sarsfield who got six months ban never appealed it and still is pictured playing in the reserve a final at the weekend just gone and not a thing done about it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:48 pm

alan barry back for the final 2672974820_3a0e00a07b

Up the Sash....

Oooopppsss Wrong Sash....
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:51 pm

homerj wrote:
do the suspensions even matter i know of a lad from sarsfield who got six months ban never appealed it and still is pictured playing in the reserve a final at the weekend just gone and not a thing done about it

i know what you are talking about, but he ever got 6 months, i think it was a month and that is well up.
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:57 pm

no he got the six months and never appealed and played after 2 i'm 99% sure now i could be wrong silly cow but i,m fairly sure
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:28 pm

This is funny. Im glad he is playing.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Does anybody else not rate Alan Barry?? Sure Sarsfields beat Laurences without him anyway. He isnt mobile enough anymore (if ever) i think chalky will be fighting a losing battle against Flynn/Whyte and O'Neill on Sunday.

Still tho, it is a complete and utter joke, if that was anybody else he would have been laughed out of the CCCCKFC or whatever you call it. the only other person i could think of getting away with something like that is glen ryan.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Whether Barry has any impact on Sunday isn't really the point. The decision immediately effects Moorefield and Sarsfields but it has more far reaching consequences than that.

It says a lot about how the county board run their business.

I hope they are made to answer some very serious questions at the next monthly meeting but even if they are asked, I'm sure no answers will come, they will just say they can't discuss things like that at the county board meeting
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 pm

The shock and horror amuses me, to be honest. How many times have we seen a ref being approached after a match and a straight red being subsequently downgraded to a double yellow in the match report?

It happens all the time folks. Lets be honest here. We all give out about GAA sleeveenism until our club needs a stroke to be pulled.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 pm

homerj wrote:

name and shame
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:59 pm

rgb wrote:
The shock and horror amuses me, to be honest. How many times have we seen a ref being approached after a match and a straight red being subsequently downgraded to a double yellow in the match report?

It happens all the time folks. Lets be honest here. We all give out about GAA sleeveenism until our club needs a stroke to be pulled.

I'm sure that happens but it's a different story when it's caught on camera and it's the county board who are doing it.

Like I said earlier, why should anybody serve a suspension after that?
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:02 am

rgb wrote:

rgb is 100% correct here. My club has done it and so have all other clubs I'm sure. Its a bit rich for every1 to condemn it now because its in the spotlight!

I know it not the exact same but what if a player from your own team strikes an opponent and gets away with it - would you report your own team-mate and get him suspended?? After all its only right that he should be suspended according to the rules. Of course you wouldn't, so how can you all be up in arms at Barry and Sarsfields doing whatever they can to get him back playing??

If there are no grounds for it being overturned then the county board have made a huge mistake and have opened up a can of worms that they will regret big time in the future. But we should wait to hear the reasons b4 making up our minds. After all Ashe is well known for not being overly helpful so why would he change now?

It will add some serious spice to the final as the Moores will feel aggrieved, so in some ways I'm delighted they did it! Maybe that was the county boards aim - to increase interest and ticket sales!!!
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 am

TBFF, surely the Leinster Final this year is the proof, if proof were needed, that the referee's report is all that matters. The GAA used the final score of Meath 1-12 Louth 1-10 as the conclusive proof that Meath's goal should stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:37 am

Rumour has it Niall "Nuxer" Buckley is lining out for the Sash in an attempt to increase ticket sales for the extortionist County Board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alan barry back for the final
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next