Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

alan barry back for the final

Go down 
+18
backatlast
Big Full Back
abl
rubencarter
The Oracle
wingback
rgb
Loads of Pints
Sam1928
paddypower
TheBigFullForward
centreback
homerj
kildarecat
walsheman
Ogie
Yellow Pearl
sillycow
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:58 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Rumour has it Niall "Nuxer" Buckley is lining out for the Sash in an attempt to increase ticket sales for the extortionist County Board.
i heard he is gonna sing a few songs at half time
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:38 am

thats only a rumour.jumpin johnny peters is singing 3 songs at half time
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I dont think its fair to have a go at aAlan Barry for getting around these fools. These people are put in place to enforce the rules, its not Alan's fault if they are incapable. He obviously found a loop hole and made the most of it, good on him.
I fancy Alan to be man of the match today, too many lightweights on this Moorefield team.
Today will show that!
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:50 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
I dont think its fair to have a go at aAlan Barry for getting around these fools. These people are put in place to enforce the rules, its not Alan's fault if they are incapable. He obviously found a loop hole and made the most of it, good on him.
I fancy Alan to be man of the match today, too many lightweights on this Moorefield team.
Today will show that!
santa lol! sunny king jocolor Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed What a Face lol! flower sunny cheers clown Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:09 am

and as the black eyed peas sang. TONIGHT GOING TO BE A GOOD NIGHT.Im off out to celebrate enjoy the night
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 am

I see The Nationalist this week has a full page from The Supporter regarding the return of Alan Barry for the County Final....

It beggars belief to be honest, I know these committees are there to make sure decisions are correctly made and to allow players and clubs the opportunity to have these decisons reviewed. Lets face it, I think if a smaller player or club was in at this meeting last week they wouldn't have got a chance of getting the decision overturned. Likewise if Sarsfields were beaten in the semi final, this issued would never have arisen.

If a committee are there to review/confirm or overturn these decisions, their findings should be made public as soon as they've finished the meeting. The whole drama that unfolded since their decision has left a bitter taste in alot of people's mouths. There will be more regarding this story and really it doesn't do the game any good. In year of poor decisions on the field, the poor decision in this case came from off the field.
Back to top Go down
backatlast
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Great write up in the nationalist about this.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:11 am

Yeh the Supporter in the Nationalist certainly pulled no punches had a right pop at Sarsfields, and Tommy Callaghan also visited it on the Leader, in fairness to Tommy he also questioned the county boards pricing structure suggesting that many neutrals stayed at home.
A little over 4,000 thousand paying customers for both the senior and minor, seemed like a bit more to me, while the crowd was ok, but surely for a county football final between such arch rivals it would have attracted a lot more paying customers?.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 am

perhaps they saw the price at the gate, turned around and headed for the pub for 4 pints, you ouldnt begrudge them that KC would you?? Wink
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
perhaps they saw the price at the gate, turned around and headed for the pub for 4 pints, you ouldnt begrudge them that KC would you?? Wink

Not at all loads of pints, but where I drink you get 5 pints for your €20, you must be quoting Naas prices?
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 am

Hmm the population of Newbridge is 20,000 odd, both Newbridge teams playing, match in Newbridge... don't think you can blame the neutrals when less than 1/5th of the town only bothered (not accounting for the minor support). That's alarming
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:57 am

Fair enough point stonecold, but we can safely say that a few hundred more attended that were not included in the official figure.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:05 am

Is 4000 the official figure. Wasn't it said that there were 8,000 at the Antrim game earlier in the year, was there really twice as many people in the ground that day?
Back to top Go down
Dual
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 am

Stonecold wrote:
Hmm the population of Newbridge is 20,000 odd, both Newbridge teams playing, match in Newbridge... don't think you can blame the neutrals when less than 1/5th of the town only bothered (not accounting for the minor support). That's alarming

There seemed to be quite alot of support for the minors from Celbridge & Athy, all the stands were pretty much full - I'd say easily 1,000 went from the minor clubs so support for the senior match would seem alot poorer & definitely didn't look as full as last year. Though to be fair with both clubs green it was difficult to work out which club had the most support.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Attendance   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:26 am

I heard it while in Newbridge on Sunday that the official attendance was 4,049 (official source).... It's very easy to think from the stand there's a big crowd but look at it. There was no one behind the Kilcullen goal. The terrace on the Liffey side was hardly half full and there was a good bit of room down the Kilcullen end of the stand. Go back 4-5 years ago and I think there was around 10,000 at a qualifier. I'd say it will be a long time before we'll see crowds like that again in St. Conleths Park... Bet the county board are happy now that they didn't move!!!!!
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 am

The ccc are the ones who deal with the contents of referees report and I am absolutely sure there is a Moorefield man on this committee, as a matter of fact there is a least 10 clubs reps on the committee. A guy from my own club was involved in a issue like this earlier in the year which involved a him being wrongly named in a referees report, he had 7-8 witnesses who stated the ref had made a mistake but the ref would not amend his report so it was no use, without video evidence he could not be cleared as the Gaa rules do not allow, he appeled the decision tothe CHC and Leinster and lost. The only way something like this can be won is if the referee amends his report on request or does not include it in the first place.

I would safley say he feels badly let down now

Last edited by ballyboy on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: [quote="ballyboy"]The ccc are the ones who deal with the contents of referees report and I am absolutely sure there is a Moorefield man on this committee, as a matter of fact there is a least 10 clubs reps on the committee. A guy from my own club was invo   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:23 am

There is no point in having referee's if they are not going to put items in their report if they see them.

Also there were 5 members available on the committee last week. 1 each from the two clubs in the final which left 3 other's. These three adjudicated on this issue last week..... Aside from this issue, the committee concerned should release it's findings to the club or clubs involved within 24 hours and to the public soon after. The fact no one knows what their findings were, this clouded the whole issue. The behind the door talk will continue to go on and the rumour mill will keep spinning as long as there are veils of secrecy within the County Board....
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 am

That veil is a problem throughout the GAA and I don't see it changing anytime soon
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:51 am

True.... Ballyboy.... True.... Cute hoorism........
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Double Dip Recession, High unemployment and €20 on the gate. I know a good few supporters from my own club who just didnt have the money.

€20 is a lot to someone out of work.
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:52 am

The GAA are seriously lacking in economic know how and business know how. If they dropped the price to €15 there would have been a far bigger attendance leading to the county board earning more money and the match having a better atmosphere. €20 was very steep esp since it turned out to be a poor match overall, although the Moores did give us a grandstand finish!

Its a widespread issue, look at how many full houses there were in Croker this year. Prob just the final. Yet the ticket prices were never in any danger of being lowered. The GAA is such a poorly run & greedy organisation.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:23 am

Promotion , promotion , promotion, the GAA just don't do it. That Match should have been promoted to the hilt as it's supposed to be the jewel in the crown of the local club scene.
Yet it was just another game of football, no extra's or razzmatazz.
Any play or local concert have posters, flyers, radio adverts and road bill boards all around where it takes place. In the GAA it's seems to be a case of no new comers welcome.

Only people within in the GAA community know exactly when and where things are happening.
What chance do people who may be willing to try and get involved or just go to a one off game.

In today's economic environment you need to give people a very good reason to spend their money.
One of the best is to get the kids wanting to go by giving them a reason to pester their parents so much that they will eventually cave in and end up paying €20 or €40 quid for the pleasure.
On Sunday, there was nothing drawing the kids in. Where there are kids, there are parents and therefore money.

Basically, you will always get in and around the same hardcore attendance with no promotion, it's the other 5,000 in the County that should be targeted.

Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:24 am

can anyone remember what the price was back in 2007.just watched some highlights today from that game and it had a much larger crowd
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:40 am

Good post by JME,
Tommy Callaghan made a good point as regards family tickets on the Leader, a lot more wives and girlfriendslike to attend gaelic games these days, something the Kildare county board might like to take on board for future reference!.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:21 am

A now come on, thats a step to far you surely don't expect the Gaa to welcome women in, sur who'd be at home to wash the jerseys and make the sangwichs Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alan barry back for the final   alan barry back for the final - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alan barry back for the final
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next