Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1927 Panel and Photos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

1927 Panel and Photos Empty
PostSubject: 1927 Panel and Photos   1927 Panel and Photos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 am

Quick query lads, ftrying to trek down a player and a picture for a friend's dad, whose dad was believed to be on either the 1927 or 1928 panel (if that makes any sense). Below is the email he sent me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

"The first link below (if you go to the bottom of it) gives the names of the Kildare players in 1928. There's no name here for P. O'Toole. The 1927 team names show a "F. O'Toole" . My buddy tells me his grandfather's name was Patrick O'Toole - he says his dad has the medal from either 1927 or 1928 but he doesn't want to ask him any details as he's trying to get a team pic as a surprise for his dad etc.."
Back to top Go down
doubleagent
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: 1927 Panel and Photos   1927 Panel and Photos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:22 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Quick query lads, ftrying to trek down a player and a picture for a friend's dad, whose dad was believed to be on either the 1927 or 1928 panel (if that makes any sense). Below is the email he sent me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

"The first link below (if you go to the bottom of it) gives the names of the Kildare players in 1928. There's no name here for P. O'Toole. The 1927 team names show a "F. O'Toole" . My buddy tells me his grandfather's name was Patrick O'Toole - he says his dad has the medal from either 1927 or 1928 but he doesn't want to ask him any details as he's trying to get a team pic as a surprise for his dad etc.."
there's a guy who owns a pub in Athy....Frank O'Brien is his name and he will help you out TK ....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 1927 Panel and Photos   1927 Panel and Photos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 am

Tommy had a quick google and found this link to the Leinster Leaders review of the 1928 All Ireland
campaign.

http://www.kildare.ie/heritage/1928-All-Ireland/1928-leinster-final-review.asp

In a number of matches it mentions a F O'Toole as a sub who came in a couple of times once for Jack Higgins

As reported in the Leinster leader the teams.

TEAMS:---
Kildare---M. Walsh (goal), M. Buckley, M. Goff, A. Fitzpatrick, F. Malone, J. Higgins, J. Hayes, J. Loughlin, W. Gannon (capt.), J. Curtis, P. Martin, P. Doyle, W. Mangan, P. Loughlin, T. Keogh. Subs.---F. O'Toole, P. Pringle, M. Connor, T. Wheeler, W. Hynan, L. Stanley.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 1927 Panel and Photos   1927 Panel and Photos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 am

Great stuff lads, appreciate the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1927 Panel and Photos   1927 Panel and Photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1927 Panel and Photos
Page 1 of 1