Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

championship round 3 draw

Go down 
+21
ripvanwinkle
Admin3
centreback
Loads of Pints
fargo
Ohtoohtobe
topcat
Come on the Boys in Blue
kartman
lomond
lastline
bloodsub
naked-lilly
Taibi
walsheman
realmoore
standhimup
Lily8
kickingking
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Lads they have f**k all money or resources any more. You will see at least one of those papers going out of business in the next couple of years
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:38 pm

I knowe that is the case ohtoohtobe - but they could provide previews for round 2 surely they could do the same for round 3??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm

A way to generate more money would be to sell more papers. Sell more papers you have increased interest in advertising. Generating extra revenue.

In order to sell more papers they need to get the basics right like reporting on local sport . Its highly likey I won't bother buying the Nationaliat next week as this weeks edition was abysmal.
If they are unsure on how to report or build up the Club championship they should get a copy of The Leinster Express and see how it's done.

Your only talking about reporting on 18 club matches, giving a prediction and some odds, surely that's not too much to ask?!?
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:04 pm

They had enough money to report a 2 page spread on Newbridge town , now with all respect to soccer in the county and there are loads of genuine men involved id hazard a guess that a prewiew of the junior quarter finals alone would gave more readers than that article,Without ever going near senior and intermediate.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Lads they have f**k all money or resources any more. You will see at least one of those papers going out of business in the next couple of years

haha, are you for real? what do they need resources to write a preview page?

whoever the sports editors in these papers are should be ashamed of themselves
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 pm

I haven't seen the papers but I used to work in the industry and it takes a reporter with a couple of hours spare and a good GAA knowledge to write previews. Staff in these papers are consistently cut and something has to give. Stuff like the Newbridge Town spread the others mentioned is usually sent in free.

Completely agree with your points Fionn; investing in reporters who know what they're at is the way forward, but the chains that run these papers couldn't organise a session if you offered them unlimited free beer. They cut investment left, right and centre in the belief that they can keep costs low while still selling the same amount they used to. Of course, that leads to sales dropping, which leads to them cutting costs more, and the vicious cycle is already leading to several papers going out of business.

Of course there should be match previews. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's impossible to do it much better, but I am saying that sadly, ye may get used to it.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:07 pm

how do ye think a local sports paper would sell in kildare? would it take from the nationalist sales would many of ye bother buying the nationalist if ye had a good sports paper to buy in the shops instead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

It's shameful o2.

When I flicked through the sporting section of the Nationalist I could hardly believe my eyes and going by what others are saying, I won't be purchasing the Leader later either.

You would not even know when looking at the sports section that club championship is even on this weekend.

Maybe 3 people on here, one for Senior, one from Inter and one from Junior who knows each scene could do a bit on each game and give a prediction?! For the forum?
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Lads good idea on the previews. I've created a sticky and moved the previews already written.
It will save them getting lost in the middle of a thread and it can be added to by any member who wishes to write one for any up coming match.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 am

would it make one bit of difference if there were previews, 2 weeks ago the mistakes in the previews in the leader were an absolute joke, clane were down for playing kevins and ballymore in the senior champ and the previews and predictions were right beside each other and it still wasnt copped. might aswell have nothing there.....
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:11 am

Maybe they are only interested in the county scene and showing pictures of our beautiful supporters , some of whom have absolutely no interest in club football in the county.And I can vouch for that , in case ye think I am being ridiculous.

Also , while I admire KFM's sport coverage , I found the ' loving the lillywhites ' etc getting very tiresome during the summer. It was on every minute of the day. They should ease off a little on it in 2012.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:44 am

Agree Tom ,The coverage of the junior all ireland final could even be said to be overdone , taking the level of attendance shown by kildare supporters as a measure, which was extremely low was up to 4 pages really warranted .Some extremely strange market research must have taken place judging from the direction the local papers are taking.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 am

Also , while I admire KFM's sport coverage , I found the ' loving the lillywhites ' etc getting very tiresome during the summer. It was on every minute of the day. They should ease off a little on it in 2012.

Ah Tom come on!! Its great to see KFM getting behind the team and long may it continue.

Saying that the Leaders and Nationalist coverage of club football is poor to say the least, it would be great if there was a weekly/monthly fanzine like Blue&Navy.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:04 am

Yea very little about this weekend's matches in the papers but as winniethepooh said the previews the last time were a joke alright, mixing teams up and everything.

I think KFM do a great job though. I've enjoyed their coverage this year.
Back to top Go down
Horsebox
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:29 am

fair play lily4life, yet another inspiring post!!
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Totally disagree with you o2 , alot of GAA clubs Pros in clubs and interested parties within the GAA clubs send in weekly match and events reports FREE of charge , typed up ready to print to promote their clubs, they never ever see even a sentence published , thats criminal after all the time and effort , "No" it a case of bone laziness on the local papers part , the club i am with in kildare do it every week , and rarely you would see even half a sentence published , Soccer is the golden Boy Wink , how many papers would sell if they took a interest in GAA , a hell of alot more than currently , with the profile of the county this year , and the club championship tearing off with vengences now
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Vodafone out of 48 clubs in Kildare with an adult men's football team, about seven or eight sent in regular reports of league matches last time I checked
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Leixlip 4/5

Draw 13/2

Allenwood 5/4

-------------------------------------------
Sarsfields 2/5

Draw 15/2

Naas 9/4

---------------------------------------------
Moorefield 2/7

Draw 8/1

Round Towers 3/1

-----------------------------------------------
Athy evens

Draw 13/2

Carbury evens

-------------------------------------------------
Clane 4/9

Draw 15/2

Suncroft 2/1

--------------------------------------------------
Celbridge 1/6

Draw 10/1

Kilcock 4/1

-------------------------------------------------------
Maynooth 2/5

Draw 15/2

St Kevins 9/4

-----------------------------------------------------------
St Laurences 4/11

Draw 15/2

Ballymore 5/2
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 am

Before ye automatically go taking the prices in Powers, just know that William Hill, Boylesports and Ladbrokes have prices up as well. Might find a better price on 1/2 of your selections there.

Powers have shortened their prices on all of Moores, Sash, Larries and Clane since yest
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:16 am

sound ElG...i just presumed it was powers.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:47 am

Haven't checked since yesterday but Boyles were top price on Kevins, Celbridge and Athy.

William Hill were top price on Maynooth @ 2/5 and Ballymore @ 16/5

and Ladbrokes were top price on Naas, Carbury, Kilcock, Leixlip, Towers and Suncroft.

The rest either Powers were top price or odds were same across the board.

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:15 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
Haven't checked since yesterday but Boyles were top price on Kevins, Celbridge and Athy.

William Hill were top price on Maynooth @ 2/5 and Ballymore @ 16/5

and Ladbrokes were top price on Naas, Carbury, Kilcock, Leixlip, Towers and Suncroft.

The rest either Powers were top price or odds were same across the board.

cant turn down the price on kevins in boyles at 16/5....gonna put few quid on it
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Vodafone out of 48 clubs in Kildare with an adult men's football team, about seven or eight sent in regular reports of league matches last time I checked

Well why arent they published ???? Rolling Eyes , its a issue which our club !! And our PRO shall be raising it at the next county meeting , remember adult teams arent the only GAA teams in kildare , there are underage and ladies "fixtures result and reports been entirely ignored weekly by our esteemed local papers , compare it to the golden boys Soccer , every level of their games gets reported , No sorry there is no excuse , these RAGS need to buck up and treat all sport equally and on a level playing field. excuse the pun !!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Simmer down Vodafone, it's not my fault, merely pointing out that most clubs don't send in reports
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Ah id say thats a bit of a red herring Ohtoo , i used to constantly hear that off the local sport editors .But i did PRO for my own club for a couple of years when we were going reasonably at our grade ,id say if half the submitted reports were printed it was the max and since then it has got worse.After a pro sends in 5 or 6 reports to be asssimilated into "league roundup" or remain unpublished because of whatever reason its very unlikely they will bother afterwards.Incidentally are there not 44 adult football clubs as opposed to 48 ?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: championship round 3 draw   championship round 3 draw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

championship round 3 draw
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next