Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Refereeing Performance Ratings.

Go down 
+23
BelieveToAchieve
SeamusMurphy
tomtip
Muller
gomearza
kelf
Fear An Geata
denlaw
Highball
centreback
Ogie
overthebar
topcat
steviegenius
kartman
Jimmy winning matches
Admin
Ohtoohtobe
Admin3
mrblobby
TheBigFullForward
Big Full Back
Taibi
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Refereeing Performance Ratings. Empty
PostSubject: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:06 am

Favourite: Niall Colgan, brilliant ref, doesn't let anything get in the way of been fair during a game and will give you a good telling off instead.

Worst: Shaun Duane, awful ref, very biased. No reasoning with this man atall.

Would like to read other people's opinions on referees in Kildare, im sure every club player has their favourite and worst ref.

And no personal attacks please.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:16 am

Taibi wrote:
Favourite: Niall Colgan, brilliant ref, doesn't let anything get in the way of been fair during a game and will give you a good telling off instead.

Worst: Shaun Duane, awful ref, very biased. No reasoning with this man

And no personal attacks please.

Ah come on Taibi..... Tongue in Cheek or what...... lol
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 am

^^^ No, I just want people's views on referee's performances not a slagging match.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:20 am

Best: I'd say Liam Herbert. Never gets animated and gets on with it.

No As Good: Fintan Barrett.... Have to say not on the Christmas card list. You never know what to expect.

To be honest most lads don't get to see every referee. Just like lads up North rarely would have say Brendan Hickey and vice versa lads down south of the county would never see Fergus Deveraux. It's only the Championship that you might have a cross over.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 am

Hickey is the best. He makes mistakes, who doesn't? But in general he controls games very well. I like herbert too

Fergal Barry is the who makes me groan when I see his name down to do a game
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:49 am

The best...... Hard to remember one. Maybe Hickey, depends on the day you get him but at least he communicates with ya, Coady might turn out ok too. Great idea to get ex players into refereeing!

Worst..... Definitly Pat O'Connell
Close 2nd worst...... Tony Donnelly

Barrett sure does wind up a lot of lads though too
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:01 pm

We'll let this thread go for a while but if it degenerates into any form of abuse it won't be around for long.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Lots of decent refs, Niall Colgan, Liam Herbert (I usually don't agree with his interpretation, but I get the sense he's trying to be fair). That Tormey lad was very strict but at least consistent. The ex-player from Two Miles House (McLoughlin?) is good as well. Niall Cronin from Naas was good but dunno is he doing it any more.

The worst: John McLoughlin, won't elaborate, but... ah I just won't elaborate

Last edited by Ohtoohtobe on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 pm

After some consideration and a couple of polite PM's from members, I've decided to reopen this thread.

But this is how its going to go:

Rate the performance of a referee of any given match, you obviously have to have been at this match.

State the match and participating teams and venue.

Things that can be discussed are :

If he let the game flow, missed one or two crucial decisions or got a decision blatantly wrong.

Then give a rating out of ten.

What I will say (and before I'm being accused of being a referee I'm not) if the referee had a good game say so.
Some people are very quick to jump on a referee for having a bad day, but nothing is ever said when a referee gets things spot on.

Absolutely no personal abuse, this isn't a popularity contest. Constructive criticism only.
If not people will be banned without question.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:03 am

There was a huge backlash when this thread was locked from a number of people, you all now who you are.

Its been reopened and not one person has commented or rated a refereeing performance.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:16 am

thought fergal barry did good job on athy v larries other day
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:33 am

I thought barry did well but i felt the larries should have had another penalty shortly after the first one.
Some people were saying he got the first penalty call wrong but i felt he got it spot on.
Second penalty was straight forward.
He can be a bit quick to blow the whistle but everyone knew that before the game started,not saying its nessicarily correct though.
Taking 2 points away for the peno decision as it turned out to be huge, and 1 point for being a little whistle happy.
7/10
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:22 am

I've been a big critic of Barry but I thought him & hickey had good games this wkend.

The only criticism I'd have of Barry was that I thought the peno he didn't give minutes after the first one was more blatant than the first he gave but overall he actually let play flow fairly well.

Wonder who will get the final? I still think hickey is the best but his athy links mean he has no chance. Wonder will Herbert have a chance? Wud make sense to have a ref from the middle of county do a north v south game

Niall colgan is another who deserves to be in the running
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:31 am

The fact that hickey and barry got the semi's would suggest its colgans final.
Cant see herbert getting close to it.
Colgan deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:45 am

supersub wrote:
The fact that hickey and barry got the semi's would suggest its colgans final.
Cant see herbert getting close to it.
Colgan deserves it.
Agree!! An excellent referee he is.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:47 am

A word on Declan Peppard's performance in the Intermediate Relegation Final.

Thought he done well overall apart from a few baffling calls and his penchant for giving frees for over carrying.

7/10
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:57 pm

I taught the two refs the senior semi finals both did very well with Brendan Hickey being the most impressive he let the game flow and got most big calls right.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:45 am

I have heard that Noel McKenna who did the Athy v Sash quarter final is getting the final.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Have to say the referees and there officials in the minor and senior finals had good games
yesterday,good to see all the teams playing the games in the right spirit and getting on with it. great day for football in the county and big crowd in conleths park also.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 am

Didn't see the minor game but Noel McKenna was very good I thought
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 am

Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 am

Ogie wrote:

dunno ogie i thought he was very whistle happy in a game that had no dirt in it darroch mullhall knocked a lad to ground with a fair shoulder and he gave a free that just one example
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:23 am

yeah, look, they're not going to get everything right. There were a few I didn't agree with either, but I thought there was plenty of flow to the game, the penalty was a penalty, there was plenty of hard-hitting.... I'll put it this way CB, I've seen hundreds of worse performances by referees and a fair few alone in county finals... and I speak as a neutral yesterday
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:16 am

I agree Ogie, no one came out blaming the ref for getting any key decisions wrong. In saying that, it was one of the easiest county finals in memory to ref. No malice at all in it. He got the penalty decision correct from what i could see so kudos on that one.

The result didnt hinge on the man in the middle. Thats the most we can ask for i think.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:35 am

good points lads he did do an alright job i suppose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refereeing Performance Ratings.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next