Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Refereeing Performance Ratings.

Go down 
+23
BelieveToAchieve
SeamusMurphy
tomtip
Muller
gomearza
kelf
Fear An Geata
denlaw
Highball
centreback
Ogie
overthebar
topcat
steviegenius
kartman
Jimmy winning matches
Admin
Ohtoohtobe
Admin3
mrblobby
TheBigFullForward
Big Full Back
Taibi
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:15 am

All you can ask is that coming out of game you're not talking about the ref & the fact that I haven't heard him mentioned once is the best compliment you give a ref
Back to top Go down
denlaw
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:13 am

Thought the two refs done well on Sunday , the Peno in the senior game was the correct decision , I was in the stand just at the refs dressing room and their wasn't one word said to any of them coming Off at half time ..

I still wouldn't do it for diamonds though ..
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:55 am

denlaw wrote:
I still wouldn't do it for diamonds though ..

Ha..... Sure did you not know.... It's for the love of the game

How were the performances today??
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:19 am

Dessie Coyle did a good job on the Minor final, although he must have been worried when the scoreboard stopped working in the opening half lol!

And Peppard did well in the Intermediate too.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:50 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
Dessie Coyle did a good job on the Minor final, although he must have been worried when the scoreboard stopped working in the opening half

The dreaded score board again!!!! Thankfully no problems...
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 am

How did the referee's fair at weekends intermediate, u21 championship and league final games,
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 am

Lexlip/Sallins

Ref was very kind to Sallins, especially in the second half but as it was one-sided there were no complaints
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 am

Did anyone read Tommy Callaghan's article in this weeks Leinster Leader...
Worth a chuckle!!!!
Back to top Go down
gomearza
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 am

best: coady
worst: barry (by a country mile)
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:12 am

Coady is an awful ref!
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 am

When your winning ref is a great man and vice versa. Personally Barry has frustrated me on the pitch and Hickey too. I dont mind seeing Herby or Barrett throwing in the ball. I'm old school tho. Mick monaghan was different class
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:16 am

Tommy C sent off, again: Good read, Fergal is a bit fussy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is one ref I regard as brutal and biased so for the last 4/5 years I save myself going ape by opting to not attend any match he does & as he's fairly local it means I miss many home league games and some champ games as well. And I wont name him due to the libel laws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kelf on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:44 am

Go on kelf, spill the beans........... get it off your chest, you know you want to.......!!! silent
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:56 am

Spill the beans: Only if Admin agrees to foot the legal bills !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:08 am

At least give us a clue to his name, his club or first name..........it will help in your recovery...............its for the best............ Exclamation
Back to top Go down
tomtip
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 am

muller i hope the barrett your talking about is henry not the other one
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:06 am

Admin wrote:
After some consideration and a couple of polite PM's from members, I've decided to reopen this thread.

But this is how its going to go:

Rate the performance of a referee of any given match, you obviously have to have been at this match.

State the match and participating teams and venue.

Things that can be discussed are :

If he let the game flow, missed one or two crucial decisions or got a decision blatantly wrong.

Then give a rating out of ten.

What I will say (and before I'm being accused of being a referee I'm not) if the referee had a good game say so.
Some people are very quick to jump on a referee for having a bad day, but nothing is ever said when a referee gets things spot on.

Absolutely no personal abuse, this isn't a popularity contest. Constructive criticism only.
If not people will be banned without question.

Lads have a read through above. I'll remind everyone this is not a referee bashing thread.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:29 am

What ever happend to Mick Monahan? Did he retire completely?
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:14 am

different strokes for different folks. Like i said i'm old school and never had a issue with him. Still maintain that after any match the ref is always seen as a ****** no matter how the game went. Not enough money in the world to get me to take it up.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:30 am

Lads no matter what the man in the middle with the whistle does or who he give the calls for or against he is always 50% wrong in someones eyes no matter how the game ends up...................... the nature of the beast i'm afraid...... affraid
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:16 am

Listened to the match on the radio. Get McNally said there was a few strange decisions...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 am

He was on coady a bit alright.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:20 am

Thr particular commentator's knowledge of Kildare football is piss poor. He talks like he's some
sort of expert on GAA. He spent most of his life involved with soccer. It's only since they ran Kildare County FC into the ground that he's fallen into GAA involvement.
The only way he'd praise Coady today would be if he were giving Athy every decision.

I listened to the headphones while I was at the game
& he just sickened me. I turned the radio off after an incident in the 2nd half where he practically begged Coady to send the Naas player off.

Coady had a tough game on his hands today and got some calls right & some
wrong.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 am

Thought Coady had an ok game today. He didnt influence the outcome in any way and was fair to both teams. A lot of players made more mistakes today than the ref. Any player that was booked deserved the yellow card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:11 am

FuturesWhite wrote:
Thr particular commentator's knowledge of Kildare football is piss poor. He talks like he's some
sort of expert on GAA. He spent most of his life involved with soccer. It's only since they ran Kildare County FC into the ground that he's fallen into GAA involvement.
The only way he'd praise Coady today would be if he were giving Athy every decision.

I listened to the headphones while I was at the game
& he just sickened me. I turned the radio off after an incident in the 2nd half where he practically begged Coady to send the Naas player off.

Coady had a tough game on his hands today and got some calls right & some
wrong.

Agree with you on this FW. That particular chap has a serious horn on him for Athy.

The Athy "youngsters" are the spice boys of Kildare GAA,, it's cool to like them at the moment.

It's not long ago most people even hated driving through the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Performance Ratings.   Refereeing Performance Ratings. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refereeing Performance Ratings.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next