Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate C'ship semi's & final

Go down 
+27
Frankel
kelf
White Bridge
footballguru
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted
Lily8
Ohtoohtobe
le hit in
if_in_doubt
ElGuerrouj
Ogie
town man
centreback
lomond
standhimup
Fear An Geata
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
Botch
totalgaa
TheBigFullForward
Taibi
champ
bag of white
butterfingers
walsheman
paddymartin
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Empty
PostSubject: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Kill v Ellistown this Satuday 15th
Confey v Kilcullen on Sunday 16th

Whats your thoughts on who's gonna make the final and ultimately win it out?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:41 pm

confey and ellistown for me
confey to win it
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Kilcullen ellistown final for me, something about kilcullen this year i cant put my finger on it
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 am

I think it will be a Confey v Ellistown final.

I'd like to see the hillers win it.
Back to top Go down
champ
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:15 am

I think it will be a Confey Kill final. Confey seem to be the best team left as they consistently perform well, most other teams are capable of being brilliant one day and brutal the next. I would go for Kill beating Ellistown, saw Kill in the quarter final, there tackling and intensity was very impressive, few nice inside forwards too!They will not fear Ellistown one bit and will really fancy their chances of getting to a final. Cant see Confey being beaten at this stage but it will be extremely close with Kilcullen!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 am

Confey v Ellistown final with Confey winning.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:39 am

Kilcullen gave JTB an 11 point head start & beat them. They are capable of beating anybody
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:56 am

Butterfingers wrote
Kilcullen ellistown final for me, something about kilcullen this year i cant put my finger on it

Would it be Brenda Donohoe
Back to top Go down
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:06 am

lol! brilliant!!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:16 am

Kill confey for me. once there its a toss of the coin although Confey will start as favourites
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:41 am

ellistown 0-5 kill 0-2 half time it was 1 point a piece
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:47 am

fone wrote:

Sounds like it was a riveting match.....NOT...

Was watching for Ger McNally's tweets as I was in work and he was struggling to even tweet something...

Confey all the way for me...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:05 am

Big Full Back wrote:
fone wrote:

Sounds like it was a riveting match.....NOT...

Was watching for Ger McNally's tweets as I was in work and he was struggling to even tweet something...

Confey all the way for me...
i say the worst game of football i ever seen in newbridge,
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:35 am

fone wrote:

Can you see Ellistown putting anything up against Confey/Kilcullen???

How was Ken Donnelly??
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:08 am

Big Full Back wrote:
fone wrote:

Can you see Ellistown putting anything up against Confey/Kilcullen???

How was Ken Donnelly??
ken played ok miss a simple point in front of goals on ellistown on today they will not worry confey/ kilcullen you never know when it comes to a final
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:11 am

Absolutely awful stuff. 13 mins before either team even managed a shot. Ken Donnelly was off the pace (understandably) but he wasn't on his own.

Very poor attendance as well. There was twice as many at the Minor 'B' final beforehand. Well done to Kilcock for their win in that. 2-14 to 3-7.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:37 am

Wow I can't believe that scoreline!

7 points in 60 mins of football sounds awful.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:26 am

well confey 2-14 kilcullen 0-7 confey outclass kilcullen all over field . confey kicked some great points kilcullen will rude the goal they missed early in match hugh lynch was there walking around the pitch
well its a ellistown confey final ellistown need to a Major improvement to any chane of beating confey reckon confey by 6 plus
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 am

Agree Fone,

Think Confey most consistent in Intermediate Grade. Beaten Finalists last year and back in the final. They have some nice forwards and I think as good as Ellistown's defence may be Confey will take some beaten. Nice to see Divilly in with a chance of an Intermediate medal as he's being a great servant to Kildare Hurling....

Confey by 8 points.
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 am

Lads don't forget Ellistown beat confey in a do or die match towards the end of the league. That was without both their county player. Can't see there been much in this one. Hopefully both teams can put on a good show next weekend
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:16 am

I can't see Confey beating Ellistown by much although I do expect them to shade it.

Confey by 2.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Congrats to both Ellistown and Confey on making the final.

The conditions on saturday where very poor for the Ellistown and Kill game, this should not be an excuse for some very basic errors by both teams. The defences for both teams were excellent, a lot of work needs to be done in the forward dept for Ellisotwn to defeat COnfey, but saying that they are in the final and anything can happen in the final.

I must say I was very impressed by the full back on the KIldare minors Shane O'Hagan he was very good for Kill as was the Kill full back who played very well on Ken Donnelly.
Back to top Go down
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Confey looked inpressive all over the field but I'm sure Kilcullen will be disappointed with their performance yesterday. They struggled to get a grip at any stage during the game and allowed Confey play their flowing style of football.

The Kill v Ellistown game was a tough affair in poor conditions but what both teams lacked in attacking prowess, they made up for in defensive guile in particular Ellistown whose man marking was excellent. Up front they missed some good scoring opportunities. They did hit the underside of the crossbar but really should have scored far more.

Interested final, north v south again! Confey definite favs.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 pm

was watching the confey game and i have to say i was very impressed with the full back for confey so much so that i`m shocked i havent heard his name mentioned in here as a potential county player also darren barker had a good game for kilcullen but was on his own with the centreback playing well too
Back to top Go down
town man
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:41 am

Confey's number 2 looked quite decent aswell anyone know his name ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate C'ship semi's & final   Intermediate C'ship semi's & final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate C'ship semi's & final
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next