Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"illegal" payments to managers

Go down 
+5
parcel
BelieveToAchieve
kelf
lillyboy
Come on the Boys in Blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage

"illegal" payments to managers Empty
PostSubject: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Surprised this hasn''t been really discussed in here over last week or so.

Personally I feel yet again the GAA are being highly hypocritical when it comes to this situation.

I would imagine the top brass of the GAA are not doing what they are doing out of the goodness of their hearts, why should they expect managers who come under very heavy criticism in local and national press when things don't go well to?

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Guess who's bricking it with I/C Payments to managers , I think the ball was starting to roll in this thread , "a chairde" fionn
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Even if the payments to inter county managers come in its not going to sort out the club situation where money is changing hands that clubs can't afford
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Its one of many thorns that killing club finances thoughout the country , it should be abolished entirely , at club it should done for the pride of your club and the member within it , as they are the ones who it hits the most in the pocket !!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:02 am

Agree there should be no money paid, expences or other , in clubs.

At County expences only and that costing counties an average €500,000 per year already

In SIndo today, of players they spoke to, 60% ok with payment to manager and most of them also want payment to players.

How in the name of all, could Kildare pay 30 to 40 players even €100 a week when already deep in debt ????????????????????????

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 am

i wonder when or will the tackle the ever increasing number of backroom staff with county teams?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 am

The revenue would be far better off chasin the wanker bankers who have this country in the state it's in. As Goethe dinosaurs in Croker and about the country, when are they goig to wake up a d deal with the real problems in the GAA? Incapable officialdom for example...
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:46 am

Wat is Julie Davis position? Is she doin it for the good of her health or on the payroll?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 am

Jimmy white wrote:
Wat is Julie Davis position? Is she doin it for the good of her health or on the payroll?

As is the case now Jimmy White most if not all counties have a strength and conditioning coach which are a paid position I would imagine. Julie like 100's of other people in her profession spent years at college getting a qualification and a degree so why should they be expected to give their time freely?

There are plenty of Rugby and Soccer teams to think of just 2 other sports that would pay money for their services, why should GAA be any different?

It benefits teams in the long term having a strength and conditioning coach as they will prepare them to the highest standard and to level whereby it will decrease the chances of getting injured.

Or are you of the thinking that 100 laps is the normal preperation for a Gaelic Football team?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 am

lillyboy wrote:
i wonder when or will the tackle the ever increasing number of backroom staff with county teams?

"illegal" payments to managers Stupidity_22
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:10 am

Jimmy white wrote:

C'mon Jimmy, that post crazy. There is not a fitter or more physically prepared team in the Country than Kildare. Just look at them compared to some teams.
Julie Davis has done a fantastic job with multiple Kildare teams, not just the seniors. She also conducts all the rehabilitation after injuries if I recall.

Remember how we blew teams away in the second half last year and the year before. That is all built on fitness and generally running the opposition into submission.

As for getting paid, I generally find it nauseating that some Croke Park officials are getting their wages paid for a job that in my eyes is not a full time position but then can use the term "cancer" as a way of describing payments. Maybe they should look closer to home first before pontificating from the alter.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:18 am

Ah no I'd have no problem with her bein payed at all just wondering if she's allowed to be on an official payroll? Crazy if they can pay her and not the main man
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:38 am

Change the record Jimmy. If you pay peanuts you get
monkeys. The hypocrite dinosaurs in Croker are calling for others to be investigated whilst the likes of Cooney will go back to work for the single most corrupt organisation in the land.

Cast ur mind back to Celtic Park 5 years ago and how we got humiliated by Derry - a 15 point loss and a disgrace to the white jersey.

Only 12 months after the arrival of Geezer & Julie Davis, this panel was fitter and leaner than any Kildare panel has ever been. Now, 3 years on again this group is primed to do something no other Kildare team has done.
Smart arse comments about Geezers payments does
nothing but make you look stupid
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:55 am

wat are you on about smart arsed comments about mcgeeney? I was just wondering if Julie was bein paid over the table or under the table?
I'm all for mcgeeney here. If it wasn't for him we'd still be whipping boys like Offaly last week. Any money county board made today was directly off his back
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 am

well we can't complain about how hard the management team work and the enjoyment and pride that they have restored to the county
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 am

Well the CB got a few bob (10 or 15% ?) today and the Players Injury Fund did very well TG
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:09 am

Fuckin hell, Jimmy asks a simple question and gets a load of abuse for it. People on this board are far too sensitive altogether.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 am

Jimmy white wrote:
Ah no I'd have no problem with her bein payed at all just wondering if she's allowed to be on an official payroll? Crazy if they can pay her and not the main man

Did ye not read what he said. He's not giving out about Julie being paid; he's expressing amazement at a system that says it's legal to pay backroom staff and not the manager! Classic GAA logic.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 am

Ogie wrote:
Jimmy white wrote:

Did ye not read what he said. He's not giving out about Julie being paid; he's expressing amazement at a system that says it's legal to pay backroom staff and not the manager! Classic GAA logic.

I think there a lot of crossed wires regarding these payments.... Currently managers can not be paid or should not be paid...... Hiring of "Professional Services" by clubs or counties are the norm. This umbrella covers Doctors, Physio's, Conditioning Coaches etc.... All these people are providing a professional service which they are "PAYED" for. This is their bread and butter and there's nothing hidden or cloak and dagger.... They are employed to carry out a service and entitled to be paid..... Can't put it much simpler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "illegal" payments to managers   "illegal" payments to managers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"illegal" payments to managers
Page 1 of 1