Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AFL Trials...

Go down 
+16
KFSAM
Taibi
kickingking
Bān go Lēir
nuxer
rgb
White Bridge
steviegenius
parcel
Ogie
walsheman
lastline
bag of white
Ohtoohtobe
Come on the Boys in Blue
BelieveToAchieve
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 am

I see Sean Hurley and Fogarty attended an AFL trial day in the basketball arena today
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:27 am

And??
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm

It would be disastrous for kildare gaa if they were to get contract , all be it there prerogative , to seek a better future , I suppose we would wish them well , and hope they come back better players for the experience they would gain , i suppose now is it worh the seanies now , this will push homegrown talent away for sure due to been cast aside for a journeyman , it all adds up , how many now leaving kildare shores for sunnier pastures
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:59 pm

I hardly think these boys are going for AFL trials because of Seanie Johnston, that's a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I hardly think these boys are going for AFL trials because of Seanie Johnston, that's a bit of a stretch.

A massive stretch. Another nonsense post from vodafone Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am

i know hurley attended one back in october so that was well before any johnston rumours. he seems very interested in going though. his club man cribben already out there. def would be a loss to kildare in the coming years if he eas to go. cant hold a lad back though if he is going tio get a wage from football. he has to put in similar effort here and has to be in full time employment also to survive.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 am

You couldn't blame a lad for going. Only thing we can hope is that they'll come back as animal footballers.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 am

bag of white wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

pure bull shit
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:53 am

bag of white wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

O2

Well if you were in the 21/22 bracket and had ambition of playing for the Senior County team , then you discover it may effect your selection by vitue of the arrival of a player from a different county , who appear to be told he shall immediate gain a place on the senior county team , what would be your attitude be when you realise well my services probably wont be required , and now a professional sport are calling knocking on your door, what would you expect they would do in light of this journeymans arrival, I say take a chance !! as this journeyman seems to be the flavour of the month with the current mangement committee , I am not hanging around if I am not wanted ,

Bag of White

Since you have deemed this a Another nonsense post from vodafone can you please expand on your comment as to why it is nonsense
or is this just another example of this recurrance of Petchlance once Again !! I cant see you point !!

MPG

Since you have deemed this as pure bull shit can you please expand on your comment as to why it is pure bull shit
or is this just another example of this recurrance of Petchlance once Again !! I cant see you point !!

No personal attacks.
Debate the post, not the poster. Personal attacks are taken seriously and will be dealt with using whatever action is needed. If you think you are being attacked you should ask yourself why it is an attack. If it simply disagrees with your post and tells you that you are wrong, this is not an attack. Violent personal attacks and threats will result in a suspension or permanent banning, depending on the situation.

Examples:
"Your post is idiotic." - Not a personal attack.
"You are an idiot." - Mild personal attack, generally not a problem but try to avoid it.
"You are a " - Strong personal attack. Your post will be removed and you may be banned from the site.
"You are a ******** idiot... I wish death on you and a pox on your family!" - Violent personal attack. You will be banned from the site and have all offending posts removed.

Admin

Yet again is this an acceptable comment in light of the rule and regulations of this site , as this in the 3rd incidence of verbal abuse, has a precedence been set on this site directed at myself !!

Last edited by vodafone2012 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:03 am

Vodafone, I just refuse to believe that someone would base a major life decision on the possible arrival of Seanie Johnston.

Are you really saying that player X, who would have turned down a chance to play AFL initially, would now say: 'Well, there's a chance Johnston might be ahead of me in the pecking order, sod this, maybe I will move to Australia after all?' I don't believe that.

Also, 'journeyman' isn't a word that really describes Johnston well. He has consistently been Cavan's top scorer and close to making international rules teams, he is also a former All-Star nominee.

Although I would add that you're entitled to your opinion and welcome to post it here. I just think you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:11 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Vodafone, I just refuse to believe that someone would base a major life decision on the possible arrival of Seanie Johnston.

Are you really saying that player X, who would have turned down a chance to play AFL initially, would now say: 'Well, there's a chance Johnston might be ahead of me in the pecking order, sod this, maybe I will move to Australia after all?' I don't believe that.

Also, 'journeyman' isn't a word that really describes Johnston well. He has consistently been Cavan's top scorer and close to making international rules teams, he is also a former All-Star nominee.

Although I would add that you're entitled to your opinion and welcome to post it here. I just think you're wrong.

Well the credentials you state are fine and commendable , but you must ask , is there a underlining issue in Cavan , as there is alway 2 sides to a story ,
I would say the fact now , if player X was approached again, this would or could push for change of mind, considering the events that have transpired .
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:32 am

Nah... if you're good enough to be asked, you're probably getting a call from the county soon enough. Paul Cribbin went before SJ landed. I would wager that the boys would be gone in a shot, whether or not SJ were coming, and at this stage, he's still not a part of the panel as it stands.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:51 am

Yeah your dead right vodafone. Hurley probably wouldn't of even went to the afl trials if Kildare weren't goin after seanie. There's definatly a direct link in this.
Must be the same reason feely is stickin with soccer
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 am

Ogie wrote:
Nah... if you're good enough to be asked, you're probably getting a call from the county soon enough. Paul Cribbin went before SJ landed. I would wager that the boys would be gone in a shot, whether or not SJ were coming, and at this stage, he's still not a part of the panel as it stands.

Yes I agree in some respects that SJ is not on the panel , but every mans cat & dog knows when or if his transfer is granted , it wont take much club action to enlist his services , should he not be required to play a bit for the club ball to prove his nailing of his colours to the Kildare mast , I just feel when things dont go his way like in Cavan as proven , he will be on the road to another facilitator ,

I am hesitant to use this example as its Not liked here , but St Brigids in the unmentionable county had the same encounter with the Gallagher Brothers of Fermanagh , as there intention was to decalre for the unmentionable county

When there transfers were not santioned they headed back.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 am

Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 pm

What young player giving the chance to live & train & like a professional would turn down that lifestyle living in a country with plenty of sunshine a relaxing way of life & getting paid instead of the crap we have here at the moment there's more to life than playing for Kildare and any other county so if they get the chance grab it with both hands lads.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:10 pm

stevie - spot on

Jimmy white - total crap about Hurley!

That is all!
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 pm

I was gonna ask vodafone to explain why Ciaran Kilkenny and young McCaffrey are there attending the trials when there's no new arrivals in Dublin pushing them further down the pecking order, but I have decided not to bother engaging in a reasonable debate. Someone might rat me out to the Feds.

All I know is, when I was 21, and if I ever had been asked, I'd have gone in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:08 am

Jimmy white wrote:
Yeah your dead right vodafone. Hurley probably wouldn't of even went to the afl trials if Kildare weren't goin after seanie. There's definatly a direct link in this.

what a load of shite , would hurley not be interested in going due to either there being shag all job opportunities for him when he is finished college
or that he sees how well his former club mate paul cribben is getting on and would like to join him
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:22 am

how is cribben doing? Cant blame any g
uy for trying to make a living playing sports!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:27 am

Jimmy white wrote:

AFL Trials... Sarcasm_detector
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:34 am

Correct kicking king. I was being sarcastic...I knew I shoulda threw in a few smileys.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:37 am

Poor old Jimmy can't get a break, pun intended Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 am

Ciaran kilkenny had a contract signed with Carlton before trial during the week. Heard from a guy at trial that Hurley impressed the scouts. Big loss for kildare if he goes but couldn't blame him for a move like this IF he goes. Be suprised if mccaffery wouldn't be signed with his sprinting ability. They seem to be gettin more and more of the really good talents coming through. Would worry me for the future of OUR game and the standard it should be at. Maybe its time to throw a few bob at our players and maybe try make an industry of it and create jobs and money for the economy. Obviously with restrictions etc so there would be no "elite rich counties" and no county goin into administration.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

lastline wrote:
Ciaran kilkenny had a contract signed with Carlton before trial during the week. Heard from a guy at trial that Hurley impressed the scouts. Big loss for kildare if he goes but couldn't blame him for a move like this IF he goes. Be suprised if mccaffery wouldn't be signed with his sprinting ability. They seem to be gettin more and more of the really good talents coming through. Would worry me for the future of OUR game and the standard it should be at. Maybe its time to throw a few bob at our players and maybe try make an industry of it and create jobs and money for the economy. Obviously with restrictions etc so there would be no "elite rich counties" and no county goin into administration.

Now you might be on to something. Something along the lines of the NFL where everyones "equal" and have a certain quota to spend per season. At least everyone would be working off an equal footing.

If the boys go fair play to them. Plenty young lads gone in the past to other sports. I remember Georden Murphy before he went to Leicester playing for Naas. Now he was a talent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AFL Trials... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFL Trials...   AFL Trials... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AFL Trials...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next