Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

County Trials

Go down 
+3
SeamusMurphy
Onhisboot
lomond
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 4:48 am

Have the trials begun yet for the senior panel?

Anyone going well ?
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:12 am

There were trials the last two weekends in Hawkfield, I had a look at the 1st one. To be honest I didn't know that many of the players on show, but young Fitzpatrick from Raheens? for me was a player who impressed, Interesting to see lads who were previously on the panel going through the trial process like Hugh McGrillen, Fionn Dowling, Conor Brophy, Shane Connolly, and I believe Dan Flynn was involved in the 2nd trial and that Neil Flynn went well
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 5:39 am

David fitzpatrick. U21 last term.
If player's drop off the panel they should be looked at and not just automatics.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:04 am

I agree
Back to top Go down

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 9:06 pm

Fitzpatrick was very strong for Raheens. I'd imagine he is well capable of stepping up to the mark.
See he was a sub for UCD in the final of the Sigerson league competition. Kelly, Hyland & Moolick started. Feely was a sub with DCU.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:32 am

Not sure what would be the best position for Fitz or sherry.. both big lads. But not big enough for intercounty midfield.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 1:53 am

It is difficult to pick lads out in trials in my opinion unless you have plenty of them. Some players will only begin to play well when they are in shape. The existing county lads have advantage as they have programmes and have trained etc.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 2:12 am

Think trials are a bit of a lottery at this time of year. The player that looks good on heavy ground in winter isn't necessarily the player who will look good on a hot summers day in Croke Park (this year's game against Dublin was a reminder of that). Think they're better off going on what players show at under age level or in county championship games and sticking to their convictions. Seems like a political thing to keep the clubs happy.

Feely played the full 60 minutes that night for DCU but as you would expect he still has a long way to go to get up to speed. The first half largely passed him by. Was shocked Kelly and Hyland played 2 days before the under 21 replay. Kelly in particular looked shattered at the end of it. John Divilly seemed hell bent on his UCD team beating an understrength DCU team as badly as possible and to hell with player burnout!
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 12:37 pm

last five words say it all Shergar...do we have anyone at County or National level to sort this ..??
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 10:04 pm

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=248181

It looks like this Straffan lad won't be coming back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

County Trials Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Trials   County Trials Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Trials
Page 1 of 1