Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012

Go down 
+57
egocentric
steviegenius
Ogie
tpos
stanley
wingback
BelieveToAchieve
Haggisgolf
Borderline
overthebar
lilysavage
lastline
lomond
kildare08
kildaregaa365
Athyman
shoutitout
Onhisboot
jonnyoxford
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Big Full Back
Botch
if_in_doubt
jj
parcel
Cassanata
Horsebox
Highball
Rex
Loads of Pints
kickingking
walsheman
centreback
fargo
carburyman
murof
rgb
Stonecold
tomcruise
bob12
peile
hawker
naked-lilly
MD
nuxer
carra2323
Could'nt Trap Cement
Ohtoohtobe
Sam1928
TommyKeegan
topcat
totalgaa
KFSAM
KILL BILL
Stekhli
flourman
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:36 pm

I love listening to joe brolly IMO he comes over condescending and arrogant, if he was representing somebody in court in northern Ireland he would probably bore the judge with his opinions:)
Back to top Go down
kildare08
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: spartacus, u say this as if it somehow had something to do with Kildare having a poor year...surely things like this can and should be used to bring the team closer together, and tighten the bond with an 'us against the world' attitude??   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:22 pm

spartacus wrote:
Kerry supporters might think that because Brolly took a swipe at them. But lets be honest no County has ever had the treatment Kildare received this year. Nothing was off limits when they wanted to hammer us. Nothing.
The rise of twitter over the last twelve months in GAA circles only added blood to the water. You only have to look at a number of so called Journalists who used their twitter accounts to batter us 24/7. They retweet people who agree with them and block those who don't. We have had players using twitter to stick their beaks in when they should know better.
Kildare have been kicked as much as it can and as I said there will be another victim to be found. One that is weak and on the wain. Kerry are set up for it.
They won't know what hit them.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Looks like Dermot will be staying for one more year.

http://hoganstand.com/Kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=175907
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 pm

After such a depressing end to the season, I still believe McGeeney should be given the chance to finish out his term and would hope that he can bow out with dignity. I dont think now is the time to tear down the whole thing and leave us in a tenuous state for god only knows what would follow.
There are a few things that need to be changed and number one is recognising the need for change and that is up to Mcgeeney himself. If lessons are not learned then the result will be the same or worse.
1. You cant play the game without a centre half back .MOF is a good wing back and good on the ball but is unimposing and lacks strength in the tackle. (Mcgeeney of all people should know not to undervalue this position).
2. A small injection of youth is enough to reinvigorate the apparant stagnation. There is always need for moving forward even when winning. Podge Fogarty not getting championship time after proving to be a match winner in the league final was baffling. It seems to me that Mcgeeney this year wanted to win above all else which included the future Kildare footballers.
3. A midfield partner for Daryl Flynn,- PON no JD no, Mick Foley needs to be at full back.
4. Under 21 level, for me is more important than minors as it is when men become men and many an promising minor gets left behind. Its time this was recognised, the reappointment of Alan Barry last year was a disgrace showing an absolute lack of interest in the grade. The 98 Kildare team was based on a good u21 side, beaten in the final by a Galway side based on their U21 team of the same era. Tyrone, Dublin, Cork and Donegal. Its time the Job was given to someone with ambition and authority.

Maybe the drubbing by Cork will open some avenues of change. This year has been a step back but we are in Division one next year there are positives for 2013 but there are lessons from 2012 that cant be ignored. A lot of us still have hope for Kildare football, its better to have hope than expectation.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Was it such as bad a season as some think. Everyone knows the Cork game was a disaster in the way we got beat but every team has one or two of those type of defeats in it's future or past. Just look at Tipperary last Sunday. All Ireland champions two years ago, this year beat out the gate back in again and then beat out once more for good measure.
I'll be the first to admit things did not go to plan but we were due a year like this, it had to come at some stage. However we still made a quarter final, which we had done in the previous years under McGeeney but we also won promotion, something we had not done in the previous years and we also won a Divisional final also something we have not done in a generation.

I'm not going to sit here and say everything was ok and rosy in the garden, but it was not as bad as it has been made out. The Cork game skews things a little as for the first time under McGeeney the lads seem to give up or just went to the well one time too often. The knock backs over the last couple of years had to take it's tool sometime and that time was the Cork game.

I have no appetite for the All Ireland again this year, Cork should win it and I hope they or Mayo do, the Club championship will take the edge off the disappointment, but I'm sure God willing come January and then the league I'll be like a junkie missing it's fix ready to go through it all again.

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:18 pm

I said before the Ulster final that Donegal were the team to beat /avoid this year, that huge space that we gave Cork in the second half was occupied by a minimum of 3 Donegal players. Brolly, Spillane praising their system but to me it was simple enough, stop Cork running game and they are ordinary.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Last year I could not stand the way Donegal played football, but fair dues to them they play to there system and they now are averaging 15 scores per game as they counter attack at pace and get bodies up the field, takes a lot of courage and determination to win, good luck to them and I hope they win an all Ireland, cannot see mayo or Dublin beating them.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:47 pm

They played the best football I've seen all year. They seem to have endless energy and a will to win. There scoring today at times was sublime... I fancy Mayo to oust the Dubs. Just got that feeling....
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:03 pm

I hope to god that mayo beat the dubs looks like donegals to loose.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 am

Hunger is a vital ingredient, and Donegal have in spades.
Back to top Go down
samhog06
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:11 am

donegal, mayo double was 6/1 lads...raging i didnt get on it now!!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I tipped Cork to take Sam at the start of the year and backed them accordingly. I think that they lost little in defeat yesterday as it was one of the most enjoyable games I have seen in a long time. No doubt the best team and probably the best manager won and will take some beating in the final. They have the best footballer in the country in Michael Murphy and add in Lacey , McFadden , McHugh , McBrearty etc they have great players. Indeed , Lacey has three All - Stars and is heading for a fourth.

A Donegal v Mayo final would be great Smile

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Laughing Laughing

I hope your all wrong Wink Its DONEGALS to lose by all accounts countrywide , lovely let the media & sages onslaught being !!! sure they have it won if the celebrations are anything to go by , there was presentation alright afterwards but I didnt notice the The All Ireland medals been handed out Wink

Anyway best of luck to those left , no doubt this years title will be earned !! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by vodafone2012 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:22 pm

No Way. Teh dubs will be in the final. Still think they have a great chance to win it again.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Botch wrote:
No Way. Teh dubs will be in the final. Still think they have a great chance to win it again.

We have to earn that right although , Mayo/Donegal seem to be the people Choice !! Rolling Eyes if that has some credence in the scheme of things !!
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Vodafone it is going to be hard won on the evidence of what I have seen so far this year I would put Donegal 1, cork,2, Dublin 3, the dubs have not really hit any consistency, Wexford and or Laois if they had more belief could have beaten Dublin , whilst I am no lover of the dubs they have shown great consistency in the last few years, it is alway the hardest to retain your title we know in athy how hard it is going to be.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Will be surprised if Mayo get close to Dublin now that Moran is missing. Donegal's performance yesterday will be a major incentive for the Dubs to produce their best diplay and prove that they are there on merit and not just because of a favourable draw. Hope I'm wrong but feel Mayo could get a pasting on Sunday. Beating teams like Leitrim, Sligo and Down is no preparation for a simifinal.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:13 pm

was in dublin a few weeks ago and they were selling t shirts with dublin all ireland champions 2012 on them sure it must be a dead cert
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:18 pm

naked-lilly wrote:
was in dublin a few weeks ago and they were selling t shirts with dublin all ireland champions 2012 on them sure it must be a dead cert

You must like your OXO in beef flavour Wink

I saw the same thing in kildare if that is to be believed in a shop newbridge , i also seen a cork one last week on a nurney man Laughing

i will believe it when i see it 6pm 23rd september Rolling Eyes

I would agree with athyman that seems right when you look at current form Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Would this Nurney mans initials be PR by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:25 am

It could be , I was talking to one of the Nurney players who said he was rising someone out in your Club Laughing How it has backfired although Laughing

These items seem to have been on sale in a established national clothing shop since the Q/F , I would assume they were covering 8 bases Laughing no potential loss of earnings anyway Razz

Someone is making A Buck !!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:58 am

Ah yes I get you now, I wish I'd got a pic now although knowing BD he is probably still going around wearing it.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 am

After looking at that abysmal Dublin team yesterday ( who in reality were beaten by 7 to 8 points ) , it is very surprising given the amount of money spent and with some of the talent available from the recent good minor team and the U/21 teams that won Leinster and went to AI final , that Kildare have not won a Leinster title ( an AI is possibly but not definitely out of reach ) in the last five years. It is a very poor return by players and management.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Its sad that Dublin's apparent decline has concided with ours. There was a handy Leinster there for the taking this year which makes the inexplicable dispaly againt Meath all the harder to take. We only managed to get 2 or 3 members of the 08 U21 side on the team on a regular basis and one of them was very poor this year. None of the good minor sides of 09 and 10 have come close to a starting place so you have to wonder why we seem unable to develop young talent like other teams seem able to do like Donegal. Be interested if anyone has any ideas on this matter.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:23 pm

While I am not blaming him entirely , I genuinely believe that the manager has to take a lot of the blame. That team should have won at least one Leinster title in the last five years. Dublin are such a moderate outfit and were extremely lucky to have had McQuillan as referee in last years AI final. While I always rate them as to the team to beat in Leinster , Dublin are extremely beatable and have a lot of ordinary players.

I also note that Cavan Gaels ( SJ's old club ) were beaten yesterday in the Cvan championship in one of the biggest shocks ever in club football. They might be missing him now Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012   Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Qualifier Campaign 2012
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next