Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O’Neill set to join Kingdom

Go down 
+7
lillyboy
TommyKeegan
bob12
kickingking
overthebar
Ohtoohtobe
SamMaguire
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

O’Neill set to join Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:06 pm

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2012/0925/sport/mayo-blow-as-oneill-set-to-join-kingdom-next-season-208767.html

Mayo boss James Horan is bracing himself for another massive blow with highly regarded coach Cian O’Neill poised to leave the Connacht champions to team up with Eamonn Fitzmaurice’s Kerry next season.

Sunday was Kildare-born O’Neill’s fourth successive appearance with All-Ireland finalists, and he is viewed as one of the leading GAA conditioning coaches in the country.

4 successive All Ireland finals is a great record. It would have been great to see him involved with Kildare and it might have freshened things up a bit. Being based in Limerick a role here might not have suited him in any case.

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Ah I dunno, it's not that far to Limerick, I'd say it's more a case that Kildare are happy with Julie Davis. In fairness I don't think we've lost because of poor conditioning, quite the opposite.

However, if Geezer's time isn't extended, and someone like Glenn Ryan was taking over, I reckon O'Neill might be part of the ticket. From what I hear, and I don't know the chap, I'd imagine he'd love to be involved with Kildare at some point.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 am

This man seems to be in big demand........i attended a few coaching coarses he was tudor at and have to say he was excellent.....its nice to see one of our own doing so well and come highly recommended by other counties. Hopefully he will come on board with our county team in the near future.....
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:53 am

Didn't he played minor for Kildare during the mid nineties?

Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:19 am

David Mathews is training Cork Hurlers as well good to see both lads doing well
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 am

Talking to people in Mayo panel this year, they agreed he was great, but his efforts were overstated and based in part on what he had done in the past. The players believed that a huge part of their improvement was down to another coach Ed Coughlan.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:00 am

O Neill is top class at what he does and is a very good communicator, if and when he comes back to Kildare the experience he's gaining now could prove invaluable.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 am

Can't help but feel we missed a trick here by not getting o'neill ob board next year.Julie Daves has been great but it was time for a change.
Knowing Cian, i think he would have been a excellent coach and he would have loved to do it also.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 am

He states there that he doesn't work on he physical training side of things any more. He is concentrating on coaching. If he was to come in he would do so for either Carew or Rafferty.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 am

he join kerry as trainer and selector
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 am

Jesus fone your information is second to none, it pays to be in the know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O’Neill set to join Kingdom   O’Neill set to join Kingdom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O’Neill set to join Kingdom
Page 1 of 1