Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare League Fixtures 2013

Go down 
+40
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
Rex
Big Full Back
fatherted
Flamingo
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Athyman
Lily8
kartman
nasnari
KFSAM
kickingking
ChopperDalton
kelf
Loads of Pints
walsheman
johnsmyth
shoutitout
steviegenius
Ogie
Fear An Geata
lillyboy
SamMaguire
thehouse
KILL BILL
Taibi
hawker
totalgaa
Highball
flourman
tomcruise
murof
Bad News Baba
TommyKeegan
Jimmy winning matches
jj
Come on the Boys in Blue
if_in_doubt
SeamusMurphy
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:12 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
No Tommy K didn't write that Sniper.

Look again kelf wrote it in reply to you Wink I never said or implied you did

Last edited by sniper on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:14 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
sniper wrote:
Fear An Geata wrote:
Parnell Park capacity is now 7,300 per Colm Keys in the Indo today and the Dubs may be compelled to play there home games in Croke Park. Crying or Very sad Not much of a punishment, considering they're looking to play their home games in Croke Park anyway. Methinks this is just a smokescreen to justify moving us out of St. Conleths for our games against Donegal and Dublin.

Can you please explain the Punishment ??? for what ??

Punishment may not be the right word Vodafone (sorry ... sniper). But the reason you'd be compelled to play somewhere other that Parnell Park is because the capacity as it stands isn't sufficient to meet the demands. That appears to be the rationale behind moving these games. That explains the what for ?

In Kildare's case the consequences (i.e. having to move to another County to play your home games) would appear to be a punishment whereas in Dublin's case that doesn't apply because they get to play their games in Croke Park.

No problem
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 am

Calling MacKenna a poisonous git is way out of line.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 am

kickingking wrote:

Your entitled to you view !!

Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:45 am

Never has the phrase "give someone enough rope to hang themselves" been more correct.
Sniper not even near the target.
I don't agree with Tommykeegan all the time but he is right here.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am

To be honest perhaps it would be prudent to get back to the topic
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 am

sniper wrote:
Fair enough Rolling Eyes where was that published ????
HoganStand, saw it on there earlier today, although as per usual they failed to include any reporter or newspaper to which it could be accredited.

sniper wrote:
Google it simple enough Surprised
Google it you say?

Fair enough here's what I got;

Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Dublin10

Doesn't look that simple to me to be honest. Unless you mean I should Google a list of games Dublin have played and then Google where the games were played individually? Although that seems more of a chore than anything else really.

sniper wrote:
So much for "Who do we think you are , You think you own Croke Park rhetoric" pumped out year in year out , now your freely admit it !!! some people just can never be pleased Wink
No idea who those parts in inverted commas are attributed to, if you think I said that then please point out where I did, or indeed where anybody else did. Or are you just throwing quotes out there to suit your argument?

sniper wrote:
Sure dont they ride everyone , just ask Donegal and the €60,000 they have to give back , for years you where all happy with Dublin been rode as a cash cow Wink
So were Dublin happy with how they were treated or did they ever stand up and oppose the situations they found themselves in? Or does the fact they ride everybody mean nobody should complain or stand up to them?

sniper wrote:
So brush it under the carpet and dont ask the tough question why hasnt the grounds been upgraded in the good times , well that just answers the question , ignore it and be happy with your lot Hmmm I see now why its a kip as you say , if the general kildare gaa public are not willing to hold the establish accountable , the future looks great !!!
Not really sure how to dissect this comment to be honest. I was obviously making a tongue in cheek remark which you apparently took seriously, in future I'll throw in a load of smilies for you to help you understand. How much do you reckon it would have cost to upgrade the grounds during the good times? The were good times for the builders so surely it would have cost a fair amount?

As others have said if you're going to retort to some points made by posters on here then at least try and do it by staying on topic and without refusing to accept facts that are presented to you. It's a forum, it's a place for debate, not somewhere for the likes of you to take pops at anyone you wish and then cry foul when somebody pulls you up on something.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 am

sniper wrote:
kickingking wrote:

Your entitled to you view !!

Were you not on here in the past throwing hissy fits over what you understood to be people having a go at you? Calling in the admin and questioning whether comments directed at you were acceptable or not?

Or does it only constitute abuse if it's aimed at you, but ok for you to say what you want about a journalist?

Having a problem with people having a go at you is fair enough, but do you not think it a bit hypocritical for you to say what you please about others because you're entitled to your view? Surely others are also entitled to their views also? And if it's one you don't like personally then you're not leaving yourself much room for a valid defense really.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 pm

if in doubt, poisonous git and sniper - Why dont ye stop ruining every thread with your spam? Just open up a new thread, get stuck into each other and leave all the other threads alone, Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Kildare v Donegal - Croke Park
Kildare v Dublin - Croke Park
Kildare v Tyrone - Newbridge
Kildare v Kerry - Newbridge

As reported in today's Leinster Leader.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Thats very disappointing if true. I am one of the people who voted saying i would attend the kildare games regardless of where they are but for the local business community, for the genuine kildare fans who have to pay the extra to travel to see there home team, its very harsh

Another bad day for kildare football and kildare fans to see two of the biggest draws (All Ireland Champs - The Dubs) not being played in Newbridge is awful

No doubt most of us will attend and get behind the lads but it makes our task to stay up in Div 1 all the more difficult. I guess it could have been worse with all 4 taken from Newbridge but still galling none the less.

Sad
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:30 pm

I live in Dublin thus it makes it far easier on me, but stiil disappointed. If money and getting crowds in such a big deal, would Portlaoise not have made far more sense as the cost of opening it is so much less, plus wouldn't be directly giving home advantage to the opposition. Dublin get five home games and a Spring Series that's viable, we get to be the warm-up act versus Donegal in a deserted stadium and local businesses (people keep saying pubs aren't full, there are other businesses including our own shop, and you go into Bradburys before or after a game for one and tell me there's no bebnefit) and fans who give a lot are hit hard, not to mention the team lose a key advantage in a year they really need it. Thought CB had guaranteed this wouldn't happen,
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 pm

hardly fair on the other teams in the div either with dublin now having 5 home matches
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Lastly, not only will fans have to travel, but what cost will tickets now be?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 pm

As I said in the other thread I'm done with it now. F*cked over for filthy lucre after following the County for Donkeys years. It is official today that Kildare supporters are now second class citizens in the eyes of the GAA.
The CB are a bunch of spineless jellyfish who stated numerous times we would not move the games but have caved in like a pack of cards. McMahon should step down on principal. Nice to see they got their convention in a week before this was announced.

Five Home games for the poxy dubs, sure it's a fair league system they say. Andy Kettle must be laughing his bollocks of today.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 pm

kildare gaa where offered a good deal to play matches in croker with dublin spring series. kildare will get around 60,000 to 70,000 euro for 2 matches in croke park
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Ah that's all right then, shows exactly where down the line supporters sit.

Judas was also offered what he thought was a good deal, didn't work out for him. This won't either in the long run. They might get a few extra quid but the good will lost from supporters will come back to haunt them.

How much are they going to lose on Club Kildare, when people realise they are getting sold a pup that they can't use.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm

well in the long run it means that newbridge is upgraded to a 9,000 seater stadium and meets health and safety issues!!!its to good to turn down and i look forward to the games in croke park no matter how tough there gonna be
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 pm

There is no way in hell that Newbridge will get that kind of money spent on it because we played two games in Croke Park. Not now not ever.
If that is what they believed they are gullible idiots. We have been played as a fool and we lived up to the billing.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Baba O' Reily wrote:
There is no way in hell that Newbridge will get that kind of money spent on it because we played two games in Croke Park. Not now not ever.
If that is what they believed they are gullible idiots. We have been played as a fool and we lived up to the billing.
just have to wait and see,nothing wrong with croke park anyway,dont see the big deal,go0nna be tough but our home record hasnt been overly brilliant....time to get over it and get your spring series tickets!!great for school trips for younger kids to,with normally a concert between games
Back to top Go down
nasnari
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 pm

If nothing else ye have a crutch to use if your year goes pear shaped again. But you've got to look at it as good business. Your CB finances are in shite and 60-70k is not to be laughed at. Kildare now have a chance to go to and beat Dublin in Croke Park and what a psychological boost that would be for you going into the summer.

The fact remains that if ye are to live out your dreams of All-Ireland glory later in the summer, you're going to be doing it in Croke Park.

Granted Dublin play most of their games each year in Croke Park, but it makes financial sense both for the association and Dublin. If Kildare don't choose to act in their own best interests, its hardly Dublin's fault. Don't tell me that if HQ was in Kildare, Kildare wouldn't look to play most of their games there? And for all the home advantage they've had in Croke Park, what good has it done them? 3 All-Irelands in the last 30 years. Didn't stop Mayo beating them there this year, didn't stop Kerry in Round 1 in the league this year, didn't stop Cork there in the League Final in 2011. I could go on.

Whilst Hawkfield is an excellent facility, I can't help but feel the money would have been better used on upgrading St. Conleth's. I've had the privilage of coaching in many of your clubs, and most have excellent facilities which I would imagine would be available to the county team. To my knowledge, the last 5 AI winners didn't have Centres of Excellence at the time of winning their All Ireland. Nice to have but does it get the job done?

I remember reading a topic here a few months back entitled "Our Supporters, none better, none prouder" - time to buy in methinks, but your footballers need to deliver for you in HQ. Annual Qualifier champions in Newbridge I will give you but All-Ireland Winners are crowned in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Another dub giving a sermon, just what we all need. Just to let you know it's Nas na Riogh for the new comers.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 pm

ManBearPig wrote:
well in the long run it means that newbridge is upgraded to a 9,000 seater stadium and meets health and safety issues!!!its to good to turn down and i look forward to the games in croke park no matter how tough there gonna be

makes sense. If the county board were really on the ball and Marty McEvoy wants to impose himself in his position as a commercial manager or whatever it is, they should really push the GAA to spend big on the promotion and marketing of the games in which Kildare are involved in. Massive opportunity here in my opinion, it also strengthens our overall brand for potential sponsorship to be playing (prob on tv) in Croke Park against the dubs rather than playing on a cold sunday afternoon in Newbrdge

Bigger picture and all that..
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 am

fone wrote:
kildare gaa where offered a good deal to play matches in croker with dublin spring series. kildare will get around 60,000 to 70,000 euro for 2 matches in croke park

That seems like a good deal alright considering we got €12k for the Tyrone match last year and beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Although considering we were said to be "adamant" not so long ago that we would hold all games in Newbridge, we do lack credibility. Not that we had much credibility to start with!
Back to top Go down
nasnari
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
Another dub giving a sermon, just what we all need. Just to let you know it's Nas na Riogh for the new comers.
No sermon intended, just a genuine interest in Gaelic Games and Kildare GAA. Don't live in Kildare nor is my username any reference to Naas. I believe either of Nás Na Rí, Nás Na Ríogh or An Nás are correct. Not that it matters.

Marketed in the right way could make for 2 great double headers. Certainly great day out last year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare League Fixtures 2013   Kildare League Fixtures 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare League Fixtures 2013
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next