Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lily Hurley impresses in Oz

Go down 
+14
Ohtoohtobe
hawker
SeamusMurphy
Fear An Geata
murof
Bad News Baba
if_in_doubt
TommyKeegan
Jimmy winning matches
jj
BelieveToAchieve
Athyman
kelf
Come on the Boys in Blue
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 am

Looks lightly that Kildare are going to lose another talented player Rolling Eyes

http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaa/lily-hurley-impresses-in-oz-3252592.html
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:24 am

The usual PR from Aussie Rules.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:36 am

Sean Hurley a great talent I hope he makes it
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:00 am

Paul Cribben made the same waves when he went over first. He's home already. Seems like another hack just filling column inches...
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Paul Cribben made the same waves when he went over first. He's home already. Seems like another hack just filling column inches...

You sure he is home for good?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 am

jj wrote:
BelieveToAchieve wrote:

You sure he is home for good?
could be
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 am

Potential great player for us next year if true but sorry for lad if it hasn't worked out for him
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:58 am

Lads 10-12 guys go to Oz every year, 11-12 are back after two years and benefit their county. Losing Feely to soccer is far worse, and the amount of stuff made out of lads making a go of a pro sport in Aus when they would only be on bench for county most of that time anyway is way too much.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 am

Best of luck to the guy, to be fair there's not much on offer over here that could come close to competing with the chance to be a pro athlete, think he got a bit of a raw deal though at times, thrown to the wolves almost against the Dubs last year and never really got a look in after that.

Big blow for JTB to lose another player with great potential.

Likewise with Feely, there was always a strong a chance he was going to focus on playing with Bohs while still in college, even the chance he'd be in America for a few months next year too. Trials with Charlton and Everton along with interest from both Reading and Celtic reportedly earlier in the season.

As things stand though all we're losing is potential, not something you can really measure, or can guarantee would have turned into success.

Best of luck to both of them if they make their moves.

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 am

[quote="if_in_doubt"]Best of luck to the guy, to be fair there's not much on offer over here that could come close to competing with the chance to be a pro athlete, think he got a bit of a raw deal though at times, thrown to the wolves almost against the Dubs last year and never really got a look in after that.

Big blow for JTB to lose another player with great potential.

Likewise with Feely, there was always a strong a chance he was going to focus on playing with Bohs while still in college, even the chance he'd be in America for a few months next year too. Trials with Charlton and Everton along with interest from both Reading and Celtic reportedly earlier in the season.

As things stand though all we're losing is potential, not something you can really measure, or can guarantee would have turned into success.

Best of luck to both of them if they make their moves.

The same as Donegal don't know if Michael Murphy will have as big an impact on donegal next year. Doesn't take away from the fact that they are a loss though. They would have been in and around panel make no mistake about it. Mcgeeney himself has hinted at panel changes for next year and these guys would have been to the forefront of them changes.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 pm

High profile case though JJ, have you heard much of Sean O'Kennedy in Donegal since Collingwood?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:43 pm

I thought the title was Liz Hurley impresses in oz and now I'm disappointed to say the least.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Baba O' Reily wrote:
I thought the title was Liz Hurley impresses in oz and now I'm disappointed to say the least.
I thought the same myself! Anyone got a picture of Liz to cheer us up a little?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Lily Liz Hurley

Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Liz-hu15Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Liz-hu12

Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm

There we go, Shane Warne you jammy antipodean git.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Fair play to you Fear, even found a picture of her as a lilywhite as well.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 am

FEAR your my Hero, and hands down my favourite Pundit on here, I will never ever disagree with anything you say again. Very Happy

On Hurley, I hope he goes on and makes it, a grand chap. But no doubts a big loss to the County. Also still U21 I believe?
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 am

I miss Carol Sad

Although in fairness Rachel is an adequate replacement. Deffo beats Daphne from Eggheads.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:24 am

I never even noticed what colour top she was wearing ....
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:41 am

Stupid top !!!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:03 am

Could be a bigger blow to the U21s next year than the seniors. With Hurley and Feely on board, those 21s are dark horses for an AI I reckon
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 am

Ah come on will ya, we say that every Year. The Kildare U21s are only a distraction to the CB IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:15 am

I don't say that every year. I haven't said anything remotely similar since 2008. Look back at the U21 roll of honour: the counties that are now winning senior All-Irelands don't seem to share your view.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:32 am

I agree with you that it should be of upmost importance, of course. But im afraid its not in Kildares.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:53 am

Seamus

So u think that starting preparations for the 2013 U 21 tomorrow night shows CB dont give it any importance ?

I suspect it shows the opposite, from both CB & the manager.

It would be great if they had Hurley & Feely but guys make their choices on what sport to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lily Hurley impresses in Oz   Lily Hurley impresses in Oz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lily Hurley impresses in Oz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next