Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brophy and Hurley

Go down 
+4
lilywhites on tour
OutTheGap
bag of white
Bad News Baba
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 pm

I'd say this thread title got a bit of blood pumping.

Any one with knowledge of the AFL know how the lads are getting on.
Are they near a competitive level yet or are they still making their way through the ranks?

There is very little talk of them compared to other Irish lads who have moved down under.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:11 pm

They're both playing for the second string of their AFL clubs in the Western Australia Football League.

They're both doing well for lads who have never played the game before but neither of them have made a huge impression yet, I don't want to be overly negative about their chances of making it but I wouldn't be surprised to see them both back in Ireland in a couple of years.

There's some info about Brophy on this thread on bigfooty: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/wafl-wafl-reserves-thread-2015.1087401/page-107

Some info about Hurley here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/peel-thunder-2015-tv-schedule-in-op.1082857/page-94

As everybody here knows though, take people's opinions on internet discussion forums with a pinch of salt! Very Happy

Kildare have badly missed Brophy this year, he can be a bit wild with his shot selection but he's big and quick and always making intelligent runs looking for the ball.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanks for that
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:45 pm

I think we've probably missed Hurley as much, given our problems at midfield.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 pm

Agree Johnny C. However if tommy Moolick was fixed there at midfield I think a lot of our problems would be solved!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Brophy seems to be improving week by week out there if you read the thread on. Pleased for the lad.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A
shortgrass1928

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 10:30 am

Paddy Brophy represented the Eagles in the traditional Grand Final 100m sprint and finished 4th. To be that quick with his size is some combination. Some loss to Kildare
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 12:39 am

Ah here, that is what brings this thread back to the top of my page. I presumed someone was coming home. Damn you Shortgrass.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 1:03 am

They each still have a year left... though you'd never know. They Irish prospect they're all raving about over there now is McKenna, and he could be fast-tracked because Essendon are in turmoil after almost two years of doping controversies.

Tipp have lost Colin O'Riordan, who signed with Sydney Swans today. Serious player, an All-Star nominee last year and only 20 on Monday. With Division 3 in mind next year, it's a massive development. Darragh Joyce, who has only ever played football in school, very likely to follow suit.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A
shortgrass1928

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 3:25 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Ah here, that is what brings this thread back to the top of my page. I presumed someone was coming home. Damn you Shortgrass.

Sorry Embarassed

Paddy was voted the best first year player with East Perth, which is West Coast Eagles affiliate club, so I don't think he will be coming home next year. After that who knows. He still has a long way to go to make it in the AFL but seems to have adapted well to their game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brophy and Hurley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brophy and Hurley   Brophy and Hurley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brophy and Hurley
Page 1 of 1