Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.

Go down 
+29
Jimmy winning matches
lomond
Lily8
jim
kildaregaa365
Stonecold
tomcruise
paulus
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
KILL BILL
Big Full Back
Rex
egocentric
BelieveToAchieve
ohluckyme
KFSAM
kickingking
bob12
murof
lilywhites on tour
bag of white
Ogie
TommyKeegan
Frankel
Ohtoohtobe
jj
if_in_doubt
flourman
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

There is no resource Crofter - some people like Ger McNally have a love of these things and keep stats themselves. But the GAA is 100 years behind with regards to online databases.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 am

Spot on there Stoney. A load of complete bollox. James Kavanagh gave good service to Kildare. But at his best, he still wouldn't be a patch on Johnny.
As I said before, you could never rely on a big performance from Kavanagh. I can recall more than a few games where you wouldn't realise he was on the pitch. I can't recall too many games where Johnny didn't perform. And even on the days when scores weren't going over for him, he worked harder to deliver.

Don't let your club alliegiences or friendship fool you into mentioning these 2 players in the same breath. Natural forward ................sounds like that other prick Joe Brolly
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 pm

James Kavanagh will be a loss to Kildare and it's a pity he won't be involved this year I think. As I'm also from Ballymore I'm obviously going to be biased towards him but I do think he's been a great player for Kildare down through the years, had some off days but all players do.

I wouldn't compare him to John Doyle though because they're both very different players. Kavanagh is a great forward and that goal against Meath in 2010 is probably the best example of how great he can be.

In my opinion nobody compares to John Doyle though. He may be at the latter stages of his career but no matter where you play him he never fails to give 100%. Putting friendships and club allegiances aside, I think Doyle is the best player I've seen to play for Kildare since I started following them. That doesn't take away from what Kavanagh has achieved though and as we've seen from his 2 All Star nominations he's a talented player in his own right.

I wish James the best of luck for the future. From a Ballymore point of view, it's been great having someone representing our club so well at county level and hopefully we'll see him play more football in the future.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Is he finished with Ballymore as well?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:54 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Spot on there Stoney. A load of complete bollox. James Kavanagh gave good service to Kildare. But at his best, he still wouldn't be a patch on Johnny.
As I said before, you could never rely on a big performance from Kavanagh. I can recall more than a few games where you wouldn't realise he was on the pitch. I can't recall too many games where Johnny didn't perform. And even on the days when scores weren't going over for him, he worked harder to deliver.

Don't let your club alliegiences or friendship fool you into mentioning these 2 players in the same breath. Natural forward ................sounds like that other prick Joe Brolly

Insightful stuff and well articulated the two of you. You're language and attitude reminded me why I don't generally bother with this website. I have no allegiance to Ballymore nor do I know James Kavanagh for the record. I don't expect to be called a prick for posting a view on a website.

Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 am

So ur Joe Brolly then?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:06 am

" other prick" implied both I and Brolly were pricks.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:20 am

Turn if phrase young man. Turn of phrase. If I thought you were a prick, Id let you know!
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:09 am

He is a loss to the panel, but I would hope it might give other players the opportunity to jump up the pecking order. While he was a fine player, in some games he went missing and in my opinion he might not have been the bravest by times.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 am

Look lads, Kavanagh is gone. Thanks for the memories, but why talk about people who will not contribute to 2013?

Willie Groome, Cathal McNally, Paul Brophy, James Eaton and Podge Fogarty all got game time today. Sean Hurley & Paul Cribben were on the line. Along with Daryll Flynn, Seanie Johnson, Johnny Doyle and Hugh Lynch who are all to come back into the lineup.

I won't be crying about people who have dropped or been dropped from the panel. 2013 will be an interesting year yet!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 am

Because there's another thread for that BTA. Any chance we might be able to look back on a very decent Kildare career without you belittling it by suggesting a quick phrase does it justice? You may think "thanks for the memories" sums up years of service, others don't and they see it fit to analyse the loss and what impact it will have.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 am

You obv didn't read my post earlier where I wished him well. But that's you all over. Jump on points that suit, ignore the ones that suit.

I only made a point, that there's no good looking back. Onwards & upwards. I have a feeling this panel will end up stronger with these new additions. Time will tell
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:19 am

BTA, I know you dont like talking about people who wont contribute in 2013 but I was wondering how much you think Sweeney and Flanagan will contribute this year? I welcome the addition of all those new players, can only be good for the future.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 am

murof wrote:
Sweeney and Flanagan will contribute this year?.
notting better off with their clubs
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 am

BTA Wrote: Subject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. Today at 8:05 pm
Look lads, Kavanagh is gone. Thanks for the memories, but why talk about people who will not contribute to 2013?
Willie Groome, Cathal McNally, Paul Brophy, James Eaton and Podge Fogarty all got game time today. Sean Hurley & Paul Cribben were on the line. Along with Daryll Flynn, Seanie Johnson, Johnny Doyle and Hugh Lynch who are all to come back into the lineup.
I won't be crying about people who have dropped or been dropped from the panel. 2013 will be an interesting year yet!

See BTA has a new man on the panel PAUL Brophy, you really should change your name to HTB, Hard To Believe, i would honestly say if you didn't get a programme today you would not have a fucking clue who was on the bench, never mind who was playing. PS his name is Paddy Brophy...
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 am

By the way Bta Paul cribbin was beside me in the stand not on the line, it would be helpful if you went to a few games then your posts would be more relevant Smile
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 am

Proper smart arses alright. As I walked into the grounds, Cribben was walking though the gates into the dressing room. I assumed he was a sub. But obv not.

Athyman I attend plenty of games other than the ones that involve my own club. I don't believe all my club players are good enough for the county team - unlike yourself.
But good luck with Athy this year. No doubt they'll be favourites for .........well favourites anyway. And good luck with Leitrim aswell lol!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Big loss for Kildare as he was a scoring forward. He did go quiet in games but when he was on form he was very good. Is he going to play with Galway?
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 am

Bta we are not been smart asses just pointing out some mistakes, as for athy been favourites this year I do not understand we have no midfielders, feely gone and PAddy Dunne gone travelling, can't see us winning anything without a midfield .
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 am

Athyman wrote:
Bta we are not been smart asses just pointing out some mistakes, as for athy been favourites this year I do not understand we have no midfielders, feely gone and PAddy Dunne gone travelling, can't see us winning anything without a midfield .
big enough town and club for two lads to step up,kinahen can go midfield anyway!
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 am

Mbp, kinehan and possibly o Keeffe we will see how it goes
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 am

I'm not sure if this was posted already:

Quote :
Kavanagh denies Galway rumours

09/01/2013 - 11:19:23
Two-time All-Star nominee James Kavanagh has said that he is not leaving the Kildare senior football panel to link up with Galway.

Kildare GAA announced last week that Kavanagh will not be playing for the Lilywhites in 2013 due to "personal reasons".

The 27-year-old's wife Linda is expecting the couple's first child and they are building a new house in Milltown, Galway.

The move west, allied to Kavanagh's application for a work transfer from his current Garda base of Crumlin, has fuelled speculation that the forward was about to link up with the Tribesmen.

He grew up in Galway, as did his wife, and played for St. Jarlath's College in Tuam in the early 2000s. He won a Leinster title with the Kildare U-21s in 2004 and made his senior debut for the Lilywhites the following year.

But in an interview with the Kildare Nationalist, Kavanagh has dismissed talk of an inter-county transfer and suggested that his Kildare career is not over just yet.

"There is nothing there with Galway at all. It’s obviously going to be said because I’m moving to Galway and leaving Kildare but there’s nothing in that at all," he told the local newspaper.

"I am disappointed to be leaving the lads I have trained with for a long time. A bit of you feels that you’re leaving them down.

"But I have to make a decision and I feel I’ve made the right decision for now. Whatever comes down the road, we’ll see but this is the way it has to be for the moment."

He added: "Linda’s due our first child at the end of February and we’ve a house as good as built down here in Milltown and with me being on shift work in Crumlin as well, it was all becoming a bit too much for me.

"I just feel that I couldn’t give 100% at the moment and this level, it’s all or nothing.

"I wouldn’t consider myself retired. I just need to take a step back. I’ve been travelling up and down the road to Galway the last couple of years and it was tough but I was managing it. But circumstances have changed now.

"I just feel I have come to a stage now where I need to get a few things sorted and down in concrete before I can go back and get going again."
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 am

Let's not turn Kavanagh into the distraction of 2013 similar to Seanie last year. He's gone, it gives an opportunity for fresh blood which could be a blessing in disguise. If he comes back next year, great, but all going well he'll be at the back of a long queue to get his place back..
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:08 pm

[quote="Crofter"]Let's not turn Kavanagh into the distraction of 2013 similar to Seanie last year. He's gone, it gives an opportunity for fresh blood which could be a blessing in disguise. If he comes back next year, great, but all going well he'll be at the back of a long queue to get his place back..[/quote]

Some top class inter-county forwards will be after transferring into the county if he's at the back of a long queue I'd reckon!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm

I was trying to be positive Ogie - New Year's Resolutions and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.   James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Kavanagh leaves Kildare panel.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next