Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National Football League 2013

Go down 
+79
white boy
standhimup
the young lad
kartman
lilysavage
Duder
lovelyLily
White Bridge
moatesports
Misneach
ixus
Carburyhill
smokey
Could'nt Trap Cement
Pin High
walsheman
Keane
midfieldmaestro
BelieveToAchieve
lastline
Always_White
ChopperDalton
naked-lilly
topcat
overthebar
jj
bag of white
hawker
kickingking
Highball
TommyKeegan
Pat Browne the cat
Sam1928
murof
Kildare98
shortgrass
tomcruise
flourman
tomoneillandhissisteranne
rob11
Stonecold
coffeybrendan
Oneill
SamMaguire
bk 1
MD
stanley
johnsmyth
lillyboy
jim
KFSAM
Lily8
Frankel
dontfoul
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
Ogie
lollypop
Morrissey
if_in_doubt
KILL BILL
carburyman
steviegenius
centreback
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
bob12
Fear An Geata
lilywhites on tour
shoutitout
kelf
Admin3
Bad News Baba
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
Big Full Back
83 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
gmaccc
Junior C
Junior C

National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:24 am

I would generally rather see 15 natural footballers on the pitch to be honest. But in TOC's case I would make an exception. He has dominated nearly every full back he has marked apart from O Carroll in the League. He is the best in the Country at winning ball at 14 (and 14 only!) and he is smart enough to throw the ball off to those who are coing off him. More so than ever this year we will have fast and powerful guys coming off his shoulder - bolton, cribben, flynn, brophy, fla, johnson, smith and Hurley for example. He is absolutely key IMO.

Afineyoungman get a grip of yourself. Nobody said hurley cleaned up against Tyrone. I think sentiments that were generally expresed by posters here were excitement about his potential. This was based on the fact that he did reasonably well when he came on to mark IMO the 2nd best footballer in the country over the past ten years.

Anyway some People are hard pleased!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:53 am

gmaccc wrote:
I would generally rather see 15 natural footballers on the pitch to be honest. But in TOC's case I would make an exception. He has dominated nearly every full back he has marked apart from O Carroll in the League. He is the best in the Country at winning ball at 14 (and 14 only!) and he is smart enough to throw the ball off to those who are coing off him. More so than ever this year we will have fast and powerful guys coming off his shoulder - bolton, cribben, flynn, brophy, fla, johnson, smith and Hurley for example. He is absolutely key IMO.

Afineyoungman get a grip of yourself. Nobody said hurley cleaned up against Tyrone. I think sentiments that were generally expresed by posters here were excitement about his potential. This was based on the fact that he did reasonably well when he came on to mark IMO the 2nd best footballer in the country over the past ten years.

Anyway some People are hard pleased!

A lot of people are using the term "natural footballers" lately. Just wondering what your interpretation of the term is and how many of those we have on the panel at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 pm

The beard or the ju-jitsu Haunted G? Personally think the beard would mark Brogan up a stick..
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Ha!

Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:12 pm

The league semi-finals have been confirmed for Croke Park on Sunday the 14th according to the Irish Times
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:25 am

Great, we might just surprise a few people............................
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 am

The week before the all Ireland semi final of the 21s, id doubt any of them will be playing a part in the league semi finals
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:10 pm

It's a tough call for Geezer particularly if we're playing Dubs. Wouldn't want another battering and without the u-21s we might get one. He may need to use two or three for a half each but I suspect he'll leave them out altogether with a six day turnaround. Team I'd like to see for Down and semi final:

Connolly
Lyons Foley McGrillen
Bolton E Doyle Morgan Flats
Daryl Flynn Lynch
Leper E Flats O'Neill
Smith Doyle Johnston

TOC, Conway, McNally, Groome to get decent game time as subs.
Am assuming Earley won't be available. I'd have Sweeney and Rob Kelly being edged off the panel by summer.

Still strong but a bit lacking in pace..

Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Surely youd have to be accomodating Peter Kelly there crofter... ??
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Crofter wrote:
It's a tough call for Geezer particularly if we're playing Dubs. Wouldn't want another battering and without the u-21s we might get one. He may need to use two or three for a half each but I suspect he'll leave them out altogether with a six day turnaround. Team I'd like to see for Down and semi final:

Connolly
Lyons Foley McGrillen
Bolton E Doyle Morgan Flats
Daryl Flynn Lynch
Leper E Flats O'Neill
Smith Doyle Johnston

TOC, Conway, McNally, Groome to get decent game time as subs.
Am assuming Earley won't be available. I'd have Sweeney and Rob Kelly being edged off the panel by summer.

Still strong but a bit lacking in pace..

I'd be fairly confident Sweeney will be in and around the panel for the summer, even if he doesn't get one minute of game time. A huge influence and a man you'd want in around the youngsters. And that the management very definitely wants. There is more to being an inter-county footballer than being highly-skilled. It's a lifestyle choice.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Yeah Roli is certain to be involved in the summer. You need experienced guys like him around the panel. They set a great example for the young players particularly when they might not be as involved on the field as they were a few years before. We've been fortunate with players like that in Kildare. Davy and Sos were big influences in the dressing room in the late nineties as were Rainbow, Brennan and Hendy a few years ago.

It shows great commitment to the county jersey that these lads still stay on despite not featuring as much as they'd like and that's the sort of dedication you want to foster among the younger players. Look at other counties where players are dropping themselves off the panel after not starting in a few league games.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:09 am

Spot on KK, a fine servant and dedicated player. As you say you don't have to go far to certain other Counties to see the usual in fighting and annual even monthly players walking off in a huff to see how lucky we are in Kildare that lads will dedicate themselves to the County and clubs.

Is it not nice to be looking towards a match with no pressure at the weekend, a league semi final to come, a Leinster title in the bag and a All Ireland semi on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:26 am

Here here, Roli is an excellent fella.

Team I'd like to see start against Down and Dublin

Connolly
Lyons
Kelly
McGrillen
M O'Flaherty
Foley
Bolton
Flynn
Lynch
E O'Flaherty
Callaghan
O'Neill
Johnson
Doyle
Smith

Some of these players need to get their act together, sharpish. We may come up short against Dublin again but a drastically improved performance is required, otherwise a few of them will be getting acquainted with the subs bench during the summer.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:46 am

I'm told we'll see quite a few of the u/21's in Newry on Sunday, which personally I think is a good idea. I'm not a fan of wrapping lads in cotton wool. The best practice is match practice and with the All-Ireland semi final a further 2 weeks down the line I don't see any harm in them playing this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 am

Probably not the approach I'd take but if that's the way they want to go, fair enough. The point remains though - some of the senior players need to start upping their game, big time.

-------

https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1149
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Football League 2013
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40