Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National Football League 2013

Go down 
+79
white boy
standhimup
the young lad
kartman
lilysavage
Duder
lovelyLily
White Bridge
moatesports
Misneach
ixus
Carburyhill
smokey
Could'nt Trap Cement
Pin High
walsheman
Keane
midfieldmaestro
BelieveToAchieve
lastline
Always_White
ChopperDalton
naked-lilly
topcat
overthebar
jj
bag of white
hawker
kickingking
Highball
TommyKeegan
Pat Browne the cat
Sam1928
murof
Kildare98
shortgrass
tomcruise
flourman
tomoneillandhissisteranne
rob11
Stonecold
coffeybrendan
Oneill
SamMaguire
bk 1
MD
stanley
johnsmyth
lillyboy
jim
KFSAM
Lily8
Frankel
dontfoul
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Loads of Pints
Ogie
lollypop
Morrissey
if_in_doubt
KILL BILL
carburyman
steviegenius
centreback
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
bob12
Fear An Geata
lilywhites on tour
shoutitout
kelf
Admin3
Bad News Baba
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
Big Full Back
83 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

National Football League 2013 Empty
PostSubject: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm

GAA fans, see if your team will feature live on Setanta during the National League

Setanta have unveiled their schedule of live fixtures for the Allianz League, with at least one live football or hurling game to be broadcast each weekend throughout the campaign.

Not surprisingly, the Dublin footballers get top billing with four of their games - against Cork, Mayo, Tyrone and Down - set to be shown live, while three games featuring All-Ireland Champions Donegal - against Kildare, Down and Cork - will be broadcast over March and February.

Football dominates the schedule, but there are a few hurling games thrown in there. The meeting between Cork and Tipperary on Saturday 23rd February is the standout clash, while Dublin’s meeting with Offaly on the same night and their clash with Limerick on Saturday 16th March will also get the live treatment.

With all due respect to the various competitions taking place at the moment, the GAA season doesn’t really come alive until the start of the National League, which is now only three measly weeks away.

We can’t wait.

Setanta 2013 LIVE Allianz Leagues Fixtures (Fixtures, throw-in times and channels subject to final confirmation)

Saturday 2nd February

Kildare v Donegal (f) 5.15pm Setanta Ireland

Dublin v Cork (f) 7pm Setanta Ireland

Down v Tyrone (f) 7pm Setanta Sports 1

Saturday 9th February

Cork v Kildare (f) 7pm Setanta Sports 1

Donegal v Down (f) 7pm Setanta Ireland

Saturday 23rd February

Cork v Tipperary (h) 7pm Setanta Sports 1

Dublin v Offaly (h) 7pm Setanta Ireland

Saturday 2nd March

Dublin v Mayo (f) 7pm Setanta Sports 1

Armagh v Longford (f) 7pm Setanta Ireland

Saturday 9th March

Down v Mayo (f) 7pm Setanta Ireland

Derry v Armagh (f) 7pm Setanta Sports 1

Saturday 16th March

Cork v Donegal (f) 5pm Setanta Sports 1

Dublin v Limerick (h) 5.15pm Setanta Ireland

Dublin v Tyrone (f) 7pm Setanta Ireland

Saturday 23rd March

Dublin v Down (f) 7pm Setanta Ireland
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:13 am

Have to say looking forward to the year in general , and some hum dinger of games to coming in the National League , isn't it great our teams are in top flight football , I suppose our game will in essence be a lost opportunity on behalf of kildare losing home advantage , but 60,000 is not to be sniffed at depending on your take , hopefully this will be put to good use in order establish home advantage for all your games in 2014 , maybe Dublin might offer there scheduled home game against kildare to be possibily played in a upgraded newbridge in 2014 if we are both in div 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:45 am

I wouldn't know where to start to pick a team for the Donegal match.

Would anyone have a stab at it?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 am

This would be my team

Connolly
Lyons
Foley
P Kelly
E Doyle
M O'Flaherty
Bolton
Lynch
White
Daniel Flynn
McNally
E O'Flaherty
JD
O'Connor
Johnston
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 am

Morgan Flats is carrying an injury. Not sure if he'll be fit.

I hope we stick with some of the young lads that did so well last night. They will learn plenty from taking on Donegal in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:54 am

If he isn't fit I'd like to see Flanagan at CB. I thought he done well there against Wexford last week for the few minutes he was there. In his first year with Kildare he was very good at CB but then he was moved out to the wing for some reason, always thought CB was his best position.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 am

Amazing the Donegal game us only six days away. Time moves fast in football. I am a little more confident of a victory after last night just because of the will to win shown. They'll give it their all and that's all you can ask at this time of year.

As for a team, hard to know. Will McGeeney go with experience or let the young lads loose again.
I can see him sending them out again and let them just play. Looking forward to it a little more now.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 am

Taibi wrote:
If he isn't fit I'd like to see Flanagan at CB. I thought he done well there against Wexford last week for the few minutes he was there. In his first year with Kildare he was very good at CB but then he was moved out to the wing for some reason, always thought CB was his best position.

Flanagan has been good in this O'Byrne cup but I actually think January football on soft pitches suits him because he's brave and strong. I don't think he's as effective in Croker, his distribution can be iffy.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am

cormac o reilly ( meath) will be referee
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:23 am

Is that Cormac "Brogan was pulled back " Reilly.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:28 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
Is that Cormac "Brogan was pulled back " Reilly.
yes and dublin v cork eddie kinsella is ref
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 am

Surely he has to give at least 2/3 of the 5 or so newcomers a go. Not to after last night would be a backward step in the development of the team.
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 am

I've cleaned this thread up a bit , stick to the topic please.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 am

A few Dubs have got their wish: will they really follow through on what they have promised for Eddie.

Why are Kildare always inflicted with refs from the great haters !!!!!!!!!

Better than Pat Mac at least who never saw a foul by a Northie team

Be an interesting team selection from both sides.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Well done to the lads on their win the other night, hope it stands to them for what will be a really hard league.

As has being said it will be very interesting to see the line up for Saturday. For me the one big thing to come out of the game last Saturday was the display that Flynn put in in midfield. I know it was not without a few faults but for me he has shown that he has what it takes to play this position and I would now play him there ahead of a lot of the others that have being tried. Gone is the day of the high fielding midfielder, but with his height he is able to do this, but more so his speed is something that really stands to him. Inter county midfielders now have to be able to link play from backs to forwards and run from box to box. Flynn took up some good positions the other night to recieve simple ball and pass it on. I think it would be a shame if he was now not giving a chance to start there this week and see what he can do.

Young Niall Kelly also showed a lot of class playing at 11 which for me is his best position. He has played a lot at corner forward at under age but for me he does not see enough of the ball in there and drifts out of games.

I did write some weeks back that I was looking forward to this year unlike some people on here and after last week that is even more so. Whatever happens through the league I just hope we come out the other side with a good midfield partnership and a settled full forward line to bring into the championship.

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 am

Just a word on tickets, will we need them or will we have to pay cash on the gate like saturday?
Back to top Go down
Pat Browne the cat
Junior C
Junior C
Pat Browne the cat

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 am

I'd like to see this team: Connolly
Lyons Foley. Mcgrillen
Conway Kelly. Bolton
O'Neill. Lynch if fit/white
D.Flynn Doyle N.Kelly
Johnston. O'Connor Smith

Assuming m.o Flaterty not fit, try McNally inside when game settles would get more out of him, has got lost last 2 games, I know p, Kelly distribution can be dodgy, can just pop a pass to 2 Conway or Bolton either side, but his tackling is class and could stop a few runners there. Hopefully the boys remember that o Connor can win low ball aswell.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:37 am

Need tickets for match only 13euro
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 am

Based on O'Byrne Cup and current availability of players I'd go with the following for Saturday:
1. Connolly
2. P. Kelly
3. Foley
4. McGrillen
5. Lyons
6. Conway
7. Bolton
8. White
9. Dan Flynn
10. Flanagan
11. N. Kelly
12. M. O'Flaherty
13. Johnston
14. O'Connor
15. J. Doyle

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 am

I agree mostly with your team Fear an Geata. I'd have Paddy Brophy in there for Morgan Flats.

Have to say Flanagan has been excellent. I know its only the O'Byrne Cup but he is brilliant for breaking ball. He puts his head where most lads wouldn't put their boot. Thats the kind of commitment you want. You won't get a more honest player.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 am

Flanagan always does well early in the year when the ground is soft. In the last few years he has been found out when the drier pitches and fitter opponents come in to play. Dont doubt his honesty or bravery but his skill level and distribution are not good enough against the top teams imo.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 am

Not exactly sure what the situation is with injuries. Going to assume Morgan O'Flaherty is out although I hope he isn't. I'd go for something like...

Connolly
Kelly
Foley
McGrillen
Lyons
Flanagan
Bolton
White
O'Neill
E O'Flaherty
McNally
Flynn
Johnson
Doyle
Kelly

Johnny is old enough to be Kelly's father
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:26 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Not exactly sure what the situation is with injuries. Going to assume Morgan O'Flaherty is out although I hope he isn't. I'd go for something like...

Connolly
Kelly
Foley
McGrillen
Lyons
Flanagan
Bolton
White
O'Neill
E O'Flaherty
McNally
Flynn
Johnson
Doyle
Kelly

Johnny is old enough to be Kelly's father

like the look of this team
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 am

Folks

any work on Daryl Flynn and Leper , i heard smithy back training

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 am

Smith is back training but we won't be seeing him for a bit. Geezer said in a recent interview that flynn and Callaghan won't be back til march. Hopefully we'll see them towards the end of the league and they'll both be ready for the championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Football League 2013   National Football League 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Football League 2013
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next