Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??

Go down 
+63
B'side blues
bk 1
Haggisgolf
moatesports
carra2323
lillyboy
flourman
RED COLLIER
Kildare98
realist
jim
the young lad
johnsmyth
shoutitout
shortgrass
jimmers
White Bridge
athytillidie
hawker
mitchelman
overthebar
micky murphy
Jimmy winning matches
steviegenius
Borderline
Loads of Pints
TommyKeegan
walsheman
kelf
Stonecold
lastline
murof
SeamusMurphy
bag of white
paddyr
LilyWhyte
Highball
stanley
Bad News Baba
Onhisboot
jj
Westside
Cilldara_2000
Gaa1928
shoeshine
if_in_doubt
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
kickingking
Lilywhite forever
Athyman
kildaregaa365
bob12
Taibi
MD
OutTheGap
lilywhites on tour
Gaffer
Cranky
Rex
KILL BILL
topcat
Big Full Back
67 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Glenn Ryan 10/11
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap18%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 15 ]
Cian O Neill 3/1
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap4%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Jason Ryan 4/1
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap21%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 18 ]
Conor Counihan 13/2
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap0%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kevin McStay 13/2
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap6%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Larry Tompkins 15/2
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap4%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Jack O Connor 8/1
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap8%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Mark Brophy 10/1
 4% [ 3 ]
Dermot Earley 11/1
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap6%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Other Manager
Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_lcap31%Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 85

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Empty
PostSubject: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 am

This is the current betting from Paddypower and the current 9 in the market. I have noticed that both paddypower and boylesports have removed the betting at the moment so not sure what they are trying to say or whats in the air. Select one or other and if you select other name him so we can get a true reflection of the poll.

I have left Kieran McGeeney out but if you feel its him pick other and name him below. Cheers...

Last edited by Big Full Back on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:15 am

I have made my preference clear in another thread even though it is more than likely a complete non-runner, from the list probably Jack O Connor or McStay, 2 all-Ireland winning managers.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:19 am

Kieran McGeeney
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:22 am

In % terms how much of a chance do you think that is likely to happen? If county board turns on the clubs it will be far worse long term than if they stand their ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 am

Kieran Mc Geeney should be on the list
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 am

I think out of that list I would go for Glen. I would have doubts if he could continue the level of professionalism from the McGeeney era but he is Glen Ryan and to me that means rallying to the cause.
The dream team would be Ryan, Ryan and O'Neill with David Matthews as S&C that would make me very happy.
Never going to happen though.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A
Cranky

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 am

Kieran McGeeney
Back to top Go down
Gaffer
Intermediate
Intermediate
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 am

The Gaffer is available Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:49 am

Not turncoat Larry anyway!! That debacle was another example of a BRUTAL and badly handled situation by the kildare county board.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:51 am

Rex wrote:
The dream team would be Ryan, Ryan and O'Neill with David Matthews as S&C that would make me very happy.
That would be a good team. I think we should try to keep Jason Ryan involved if possible.
As you say though - unlikely to happen.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:52 am

I clicked other manager as I think Kieran mcgeeney should be there too... Doubt it will happen but if I had to pick fromt that list I would go for Jason Ryan.. I hate saying this but I really have doubts of Glenn's capabilities as a manager.. As someone said I think it will bring back the days of army training and runs on the curragh, pure and simple the game has revalutionised from those days and I think Jason Ryan is a lot more modern..
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:57 am

I don't think that would happen as any S&C coach worth their salt will never be at that crack.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:01 am

Never knew Glenn Ryan was in the army...

I voted for Jason Ryan.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:02 am

Glenn Ryan has never managed at club level also Longford who have a talented bunch under age achieved nothing at senior could easily stayed in Div 2 if he could have got the best out of them lets be real here maybe we are now a mediocre team with the like of Tommy Carr or , Newton (Roscommon) or worse Croften at the helm lets get used to 2 - 3 games a year
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 am

MD wrote:
I hate saying this but I really have doubts of Glenn's capabilities as a manager.. As someone said I think it will bring back the days of army training and runs on the curragh, pure and simple the game has revalutionised from those days and I think Jason Ryan is a lot more modern..
I honestly think that is a misconception. Glen had a strength & conditioning coach in Longford (Dave Hare) that was highly regarded by the players there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 am

Johnny C do you really think its fair on Glenn or anyone to come into the position like this really?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:14 am

Kieran McGeeney.

The suggestion of McStay I find baffling to be honest - think he is a spoofer if I'm honest even if he did well with St Brigids.

What about Dermot Earley or John Doyle - might be the only way to galvanise the squad now.

Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 am

the county board is like our politicians we give out about them but still vote for them:x Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:22 am

whiteknight wrote:
Johnny C do you really think its fair on Glenn or anyone to come into the position like this really?
For his sake, I hope Glen doesn't get the job at this stage. He would get dogs abuse if things started to go wrong and he deserves better.

I voted for Jason Ryan because I think he would be a unifying figure everybody could get behind. I'm not sure if he would take it though. We do need to get somebody to manage us next year because it is unlikely that Kieran will be back.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am

I think alot of the silly little people in Kildare are for Glen Ryan because under his stewardship they beat Mayo in the qualifiers in 2010 and only lost to Kerry by 4 points in 09. Some also point out that he got them from Division 4 to 2. But i do believe they quickly returned to Division 3 this year after losing all their games. Yep Glen Ryan is the man to bring us to the promised land.
A top player he was but not what we want in a manager. I guarantee you if he was approached to take the job he'd take it. He's not going to say he wanted the job when Mcgeeney was still in charge and thats why he ruled himself out. Thats all changed now unfortunately, so im sure he'll be awaiting a call from the Kildare county board and would gladly accept.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 am

@Athyman. You obviously voted for Mark Brophy on the poll. Do you honestly believe he should be our next manager? If yes, why? What qualities would he bring to the table?

I can't believe his name is been mentioned at all. If we're going down that route then Ronan Quinn and John Crofton should be up there as well.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 am

McStay would be daft to give up his cushy number with RTE. I'm sure Colm O'Rourke has had plenty of offers down the years but it is far less stressful to sit in a studio in Donnybrook then to stand on the line in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:45 am

taibi i only voted for him as he is our current manager, on a serious note he is a good manager but he is not ready for the kildare job it would be to big for him, there is really no club manager i would vote for
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:49 am

What about Peter Canavan? He fought a similar fire in Fermanagh 3 years ago & progressed reasonably well?! Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 am

Jason Ryan first for me if he's interested, Peter Canavan second for me if he's interested, Glenn Ryan third for me if he's interested. But looks like we're a bit away from that decision yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager??   Who is your preference for the position of Senior Manager?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next