Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Senior Manager

Go down 
+38
Flamingo
lilywhites on tour
Fizzer
steviegenius
Cilldara_2000
Borderline
LillieLad
flourman
The Lillywhite
Highball
jim
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
lily4fr
WestCorkLily
BigG
topcat
Gaa1928
murof
parcel
micky murphy
shortgrass
Rex
KILL BILL
Jimmy winning matches
kildaregaa365
Onechance
bigball
Ohtoohtobe
SeamusMurphy
Big Full Back
Taibi
Shergar
inexile
Kildaremad
Kildare98
Xavi
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Xavi
Senior
Senior

Next Kildare Senior Manager Empty
PostSubject: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:18 am

As the title suggest . O'Neills goose is cooked. He knows it and the players know it too.

Nothing he says or does for the next 2 weeks will get a lift from the players.

So who do we replace him with. Personally I think we need to go outside the county. Should we wait until end of the championship to see if anyone becomes available?

I would like someone in the mould of Rory Gallagher, Malachy O Rourke. Both are unavailable but it's someone with their type of ideology I would be interested in. We need toughen up and someone of that ilk would be very welcome .

Any thoughts
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:26 am

I can see where you're coming from but I always believe Kildare should commit to attacking football - it's the way we play and it's in our DNA.

You know what we need? A James Horan. The exact same scenario unfolded in Mayo in 2010 and it Kickstarted the revolution. Maybe not Horan himself but someone in that vein anyway - if such a man can be found.
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:49 am

Jim McGuinness is the man. Not doing anything since he left China.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:00 am

John Evans.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:09 am

John Divilly UCD or Alan Flynn currently coaching Clare who managed Galway under 21 to beat us 5 years ago. Whoever comes in needs to build a true coaching team. Arguably Cians greatest failing has been an unwillingness to delegate beyond Roly and trying to figure it out by himself.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:21 am

Morgan O'Callaghan.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:36 am

Taibi wrote:
Morgan O'Callaghan.

You did read the heading Taibi.... It’s not a comedy thread
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:42 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I can see where you're coming from but I always believe Kildare should commit to attacking football - it's the way we play and it's in our DNA.

You know what we need? A James Horan. The exact same scenario unfolded in Mayo in 2010 and it Kickstarted the revolution. Maybe not Horan himself but someone in that vein anyway - if such a man can be found.

Are you serious HG .. attacking football !.. in our DNA ?.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:48 am

Moorefield would beat Carlow Folks simple as.. let Roly take over. I'm sure he'd do it in the interim.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 11:11 am

Watched Carlow try very spoofer and mercenary under the sun before they turned to the obvious candidate sitting in front of them.
Let’s stop making the same mistake. It’s long past time for Glenn.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 11:17 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Watched Carlow try very spoofer and mercenary under the sun before they turned to the obvious candidate sitting in front of them.
Let’s stop making the same mistake. It’s long past time for Glenn.

Absolutely.. but then again He might be "to old School " for some..
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 5:09 pm

John divilly. Dont think glenn ryan is the answer
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Having played under John Divilly, he would be a serious option. Nothing left unturned and doesn't tolerate nonsense. Although informed he is in line to be next Galway manager
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Next vacancy in Galway could be a long time down the road.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 6:05 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Moorefield would beat Carlow Folks simple as.. let Roly take over. I'm sure he'd do it in the interim.

Oh lord above.... did you see Roli wander around aimlessly yesterday while Poacher was a 16th man (almost literally) giving little pieces of advice to the Carlow players. He was player-coach and even refereed the thing at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 7:15 pm

Niall Carew
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Niall Carew is a good shout
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 7:37 pm

I think your asking the wrong question. It should be who would be bothered or give their time to manage this bunch.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Rex wrote:
I think your asking the wrong question. It should be who would be bothered or give their time to manage this bunch.
someone will take job when money involved
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Jack O'Connor?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm

shortgrass wrote:
Jack O'Connor?
Kerry U20 manager next year
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 8:19 pm

When you think of it, outside of the six month period last year where we got promoted to Div 1 & reached Leinster final, O'Neill's reign has basically been a pile of crap.

I say that as someone who felt he was the right man when he got it. I have continually given him benefit of the doubt but yesterday was inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Thomas O'Se, whoever it is to me its someone that is basically a straight talker that will toughen whatever bunch of players he chooses to come up with, will need to take it back to basics which I don't believe a lot of the current crop could do, most of the players on the panel yesterday would think they are too good to get into the opposition faces and carry out the tactics that Carlow did yesterday that's why we haven't won a game in nearly a year.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm

and please can someone tell me how it takes 20-25mins to give a half time team talk all year including yesterday.......... everyone round me was of the same opinion.......
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm

What more does glenn ryan have to do to get the job?? Took our 21s to AI final..won leagues with longford...has towers up in div1 + senior. The sad thing about this whole shambles is that he actually wanted the job!! Cian o Neil has no track record as a manager at any level. Only a reputation he gave to himself. The committee who selected this guy have a lot to answer for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Senior Manager
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next