Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Senior Manager

Go down 
+38
Flamingo
lilywhites on tour
Fizzer
steviegenius
Cilldara_2000
Borderline
LillieLad
flourman
The Lillywhite
Highball
jim
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
lily4fr
WestCorkLily
BigG
topcat
Gaa1928
murof
parcel
micky murphy
shortgrass
Rex
KILL BILL
Jimmy winning matches
kildaregaa365
Onechance
bigball
Ohtoohtobe
SeamusMurphy
Big Full Back
Taibi
Shergar
inexile
Kildaremad
Kildare98
Xavi
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:17 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Incidentally I heard Tommy Callaghan didn't hesitate to give O'Neill a piece of his mind after Carlow match. Fair play to you Tommy, maybe if we all keep pushing we might finally get through to team, management and county board how utterly unacceptable this all is.

county board are a like government. They promise everything wants they get power they do what they like .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 pm

I haven't read too many reports on county board meetings as I actually have a life, but I think we all need to be alarmed by what Tommy has reported there.

No sense that the senior team is in crisis (it is), no sense of well... anything really. Then the one man who actually points out the godzilla-sized elephant in the corner of the room has people muttering about "personal vendettas".

No, guys - he is expressing the absolute seething rage there is amongst some of us about what has unfolded this season.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:27 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I haven't read too many reports on county board meetings as I actually have a life, but I think we all need to be alarmed by what Tommy has reported there.

No sense that the senior team is in crisis (it is), no sense of well... anything really. Then the one man who actually points out the godzilla-sized elephant in the corner of the room has people muttering about "personal vendettas".

No, guys - he is expressing the absolute seething rage there is amongst some of us about what has unfolded this season.
the players and management should have been brought to county board meeting and explain their performance against Carlow
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:03 am

Completely agree Fone. Put it this way if Kilkenny could call Cody and co to a county board meeting when Cork beat them a few year ago and ridicule him demanding answers then surely to jesus Kildare could do the same. One or two delegates suggested Cody was finished pre-2014!!!!! Of course we're not comparing like with like but the underling message is that they and Cody do not accept mediocrity. Now that's what I call the right mentality - something our county is a long way off unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:38 pm

fone wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

the players and management should have been brought to county board meeting and explain their performance against Carlow

I agree with the manager appearing before the county board, he is getting paid, but not  the players, they should answer to the manager who selects them.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:42 pm

How much does He get ?.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 1:01 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
How much does He get ?.

No idea to be honest !!!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Dermot Reilly & other lads new there was problems coming along a few year ago they tried to make a change before it got to late but we are now seen the fruits of it now. Our senior teams drives along the underage and they get the supporters on board we are going to see probably the lowest kildare support at a match in years this weekend its at rock bottom. Reading Tommy's post on twitter the meeting were going to let it pass without a word said well that really says it all. #timeforachange
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Overall our underage structure seems decent by most county's standards.
We have a class training ground.
Finally, Conleths is being refurbished.

That all looks great but there is something majorly wrong in terms of bringing players on at senior level...
I see we have some sponsors on board but not many new or innovative revenue streams.
We still lag a nice bit in terms of social media stuff too, that engage kids. (That might seem shite, but it does mean you create your own exposure).

We still are not harnessing the numbers and potential that is within our county. The clubs need way more support to do this, but they are barely staying afloat too.

We still have huge benefits compared to other counties, so in theory we should be able to lure a seasoned manager.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Dead right Flamingo, we have a lot going for us compared to most counties but we cannot translate it consistently at senior level.

Agree also on other points - social media is pretty dire (in fact, the most interesting content is generated by the fans) and we could be doing much, much more to promote ourselves.

Re this weekend, I didn't think we could sink as low as 2015 again, but we actually have! Incredible.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 am

The best page on social media is the kIldare gaa fans page not the official page, thats saying something.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:50 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Dead right Flamingo, we have a lot going for us compared to most counties but we cannot translate it consistently at senior level.

Agree also on other points - social media is pretty dire (in fact, the most interesting content is generated by the fans) and we could be doing much, much more to promote ourselves.

Re this weekend, I didn't think we could sink as low as 2015 again, but we actually have! Incredible.

We can talk about managers all we want but we lack leaders in our players. We've no match winner, when the game is in the melting pot someone who will go above and beyond to drap us over the line. HG you mention 20015 not surprised since Johnny Doyle retired in 2014. He has never been replaced in my book.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:06 am

Exactly Jim, JD, Dermot, Bolton, who on the current panel is willing to become a leader?, die for the cause?, encourage and support team mates? , get stuck in to opponents?,
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:23 am

There are no equivalents to JD or Earley on this team. When have they ever produced in an intense pressure situation? All we have are a bunch of sunshine boys who turn it on when they get it handy against mediocre opposition.

You look at Mayo and the warriors they have in the Keegans, Boyles, Andy Morans etc etc. Meanwhile we have a bunch who can't cope with Carlow laying into them.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 am

We have a lot of talented players who can play a very attractive style of football but only when allowed. A bit like Arsenal who never fancied a trip up north on a cold day
It's very difficult to change that mindset with the same players. Which is why guys like Flynn, O'Donoghue and Murray should be on the team and at least try to drive us forward.
Surely the manager can see that the same defenders running backwards and dragging out of their opponents is not working and embarrassing for the fans to watch.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:01 am

murof wrote:
We have a lot of talented players who can play a very attractive style of football but only when allowed. A bit like Arsenal who never fancied a trip up north on a cold day
It's very difficult to change that mindset with the same players. Which is why guys like Flynn, O'Donoghue and Murray should be on the team and at least try to drive us forward.
Surely the manager can see that the same defenders running backwards and dragging out of their opponents is not working and embarrassing for the fans to watch.
Neil Flynn has hamstring injury again
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 am

fone wrote:
murof wrote:
Neil Flynn has hamstring injury  again
I was referring to Kevin Flynn who has been the only change in defense this year. I think we can give up on Neil for this year sadly.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:47 am

murof wrote:
fone wrote:
murof wrote:
I was referring to Kevin Flynn who has been the only change in defense this year. I think we can give up on Neil for this year sadly.
other than Murray and o Donoghue, what other back should in Panel . The. Main problem in that panel is team spirit withs theirs none of
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:57 am

fone wrote:
murof wrote:
fone wrote:
murof wrote:
other than  Murray and o Donoghue, what other back should in Panel . The. Main problem  in that panel  is team spirit withs theirs none of
Conway and Cribben are far better defenders than forwards. Any wonder we scored so little against Carlow with a forward line like that.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 12:01 pm

[quote="murof"]
fone wrote:
murof wrote:
fone wrote:
murof wrote:
other than  Murray and o Donoghue, what other back should in Panel . The. Main problem  in that panel  is team spirit withs theirs none of
Conway and Cribben are far better defenders than forwards. Any wonder we scored so little against Carlow with a forward line like that.[/quote) Conway play midfield against a Carlow
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Am I right in saying that CON term is up for discussion at the end of this Championship season anyway?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 4:07 pm

A quick question:

After the Armagh game the club teams with the greatest numbers of players on the Kildare panel, Celbridge, Athy and JTB all imploded in the championship while Moorefield, with few, if any players, on the panel ( certainly none in the starting 15 ) went on to win the Leinster Club Championship with no players in the Kildare set-up.

Is there a connection, did something happen in the camp last July that has continued on now for 12 months.

P.S. I am not suggesting that there should have been any Moorefield players involved last summer.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
A quick question:

After the Armagh game the club teams with the greatest numbers of players on the Kildare panel, Celbridge, Athy and JTB all imploded in the championship while Moorefield, with few, if any players, on the panel ( certainly none in the starting 15 ) went on to win the Leinster Club Championship with no players in the Kildare set-up.

Is there a connection, did something happen in the camp last July that has continued on now for 12 months.

P.S. I am not suggesting that there should have been any Moorefield players involved last summer.

Not quite sure what you are suggesting here?

On a side note we need a top class manager next time round. It's wishful thinking but Jim McGuinness ticks all the boxes. Modern and progressive thinking. A good man manager , tactician and above all else excellent on the psychological side of things also which our lads really need. An ambitious Chairman would be thinking along these lines also.

Could you imagine the interest there would be with a McGuinness/Horan type appointment in Kildare. The numbers that would be back to see them in Conleths next year. How much more appealing we would be for potential sponsorship deals and stadium naming rights when Conleths is redeveloped . Financially an appointment like this makes sense also .

Settling for half measures and the easy option is not acceptable
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 pm

If we are going down the road of looking for a new Manager, we should follow what Kerry,Dublin and few other counties done when they had some underage success. The most successfull underage Manager we had in many years was Brendan Hackett. Defenitly in the running in my book. Didn't get/take the U20 job because he was told there was no budget for the team, food or gear. No buses for challenge matches and couldn't get them for training until well into the new year. I think he is worth a serious look. Most of the good young players coming through, he and his management team worked with.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Brendan hackett, the saviour of kildare football. Are u on gear. Ran out of westmeath before the end of a league campaign. Shocking reputation as a man manager . Ballymun might put a gloss on his CV but look what he has to work with there.
Please don't go down this road. See how the rest of the year plays out and take time to make the right call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Senior Manager
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next