Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Senior Manager

Go down 
+38
Flamingo
lilywhites on tour
Fizzer
steviegenius
Cilldara_2000
Borderline
LillieLad
flourman
The Lillywhite
Highball
jim
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
lily4fr
WestCorkLily
BigG
topcat
Gaa1928
murof
parcel
micky murphy
shortgrass
Rex
KILL BILL
Jimmy winning matches
kildaregaa365
Onechance
bigball
Ohtoohtobe
SeamusMurphy
Big Full Back
Taibi
Shergar
inexile
Kildaremad
Kildare98
Xavi
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 3:37 am

liam kearns if available in summer
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 4:14 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
shortgrass wrote:
Jack O'Connor?

After yesterday, I'd say his blood was boiling. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Why? Surely a ruthless All Ireland winning manager would realise a lad on the field for his free-taking is at risk of being hauled off if he misses a penalty and three scoreable frees?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 4:16 am

Glen Ryan, Niall Carew and Johnny Doyle anyone?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 4:24 am

Glenn Ryan is the obvious choice however do I want my footballing hero to be left open to ridicule by these players. I'll always remember Glenn as the warrior and the leader. I really don't want that sullied.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 4:34 am

There no shortage candidates for Kildare job
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 5:35 am

The job should be offered to the Glenn with his team of Dermot and Johnny, as put forward a couple of years ago. It wont happen tho while Ger Donnelly is still chairman, which is a real shame after everything that those men put into the jersey.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 8:59 am

Interesting - Gooch talking about O'Neill this evening and he did cut him a lot more slack than Tomas. But reading between the lines, I think he's as sceptical about his ability to consistently inspire a dressing room as O Se. And unfortunately if we want to be a Super 8 team - the very idea of which seems laughable atm - that isn't going to cut it.

Honestly, I think there's very little genuine enthusiasm for Derry game and everyone just start a new era under someone new. Harsh but that's life in the fast lane.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 9:02 am

Gooch is just a bit nicer and not on the look out for the headline like Ă“ SĂ©. I heard it too and he was just being polite I think. Fair play to Joe Molloy for putting him on the spot.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:14 am

Jeff Stelling and Kammy !!!
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Nudie Hughes Arrow cyclops No Suspect
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

Brendan Hennessy and Willie Quinlan. Or John Courtney.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 3:47 am

Is Tom Bock still available? afro
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 4:36 am

Going to do up a short list here if potential managers and bunch them into different categories.

Outside Options
James Horan
Malachy O Rourke (if available)
Jim McGuinness
Liam Kearns
Jack O Connor
Tony McEntee

Home grown options
Niall Carew
John Civilly
Johnny Doyle
Anthony Rainbow
Glen Ryan
Ross Glavin
Tom Cribbin

Anyone add to the list??

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 4:45 am

Xavi wrote:
Going to do up a short list here if potential managers and bunch them into different categories.

Outside Options
James Horan
Jim McGuinness
Liam Kearns
Jack O Connor
Tony McEntee

Home grown options
Niall Carew
John Civilly
Johnny Doyle
Anthony Rainbow
Glen Ryan
Ross Glavin
Tom Cribbin

Anyone add to the list??

jack o Connor Kerry U 20 next year .

Mc geeney could available not popular in Armagh at moment

Would James Horan give up his job sky job to manage Kildare
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 5:23 am

McGeeney i would imagine would not come back beer the place. And to that end I don't think he'd be welcome back by certain elements within Kildare.

If given the choice this minute Jim McGuinness would be my No1 and I would move the sky and earth to get him on board if I was the chairman
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 5:28 am

Xavi wrote:
McGeeney i would imagine would not come back beer the place.  And to that end I don't think he'd be welcome back by certain elements within Kildare.  

If given the choice this minute Jim McGuinness would be my No1 and I would move the sky and earth to get him on board if I was the chairman
works sky sport for summer on GAA less stressful job than Kildare GAA
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 8:14 am

MCGuinness would have to be the no.1 target but can't see it happening. Horan no 2 and O'Connor 3.
Can see O'Connor maybe going for it but not the other two.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 8:41 am

Xavi wrote:

Outside Options
James Horan
Jim McGuinness
Liam Kearns
Jack O Connor
Tony McEntee

Home grown options
Niall Carew
John Civilly
Johnny Doyle
Anthony Rainbow
Glen Ryan
Ross Glavin
Tom Cribbin

Anyone add to the list??

I don’t think any of those outside options are realistic to be honest, realistic options for a team like Kildare would be

Banty
James McCarten
Aidan O Rourke
Liam Kearns if Tipp are looking to change
Oisin McConville

There will not be a plethora of candidates lining up to take the job, no money Div 2 team and in the same province as Dublin so chances of silverware are next to nothing.
I just hope county board are putting in place plans now to hit the ground running and get the best available candidate in place. I am not sure if foresight is exactly a strong point of our current administration though...
Back to top Go down
BigG
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 8:55 am

I cannot figure out why we are mentioning all these relatively unproven managers when we have a Kildare Legend with a proven track record and passion by the bucket full.
Back to top Go down
BigG
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 8:56 am

Glen Ryan that is.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 9:01 am

On the subject of realism, one of the things people always miss about Jim McGuinness is that he constantly harbours ambitions that are, on the face of it, completely unrealistic.

When he took over in Donegal, his ambition from day one was to win the All Ireland - and for the first while he actually had to keep it to himself because he knew everyone would think he was legitimately insane.

Similarly in 2014, no one - not even Donegal supporters - thought they'd beat Dublin and he told the team beforehand, "If we get our system right on the day, we will destroy them."

If he took over in Kildare, from day one, his ambition would be to beat Dublin. And if you challenged him on it, he'd tell you, "If that's not our ambition, why the hell are we doing this?"

It's actually what separates greatness from mediocrity. The Jim McGuinnesses & Alex Fergusons of the world do not say, "We might have got promoted a bit too early." They seize every opportunity with both hands.

Unfortunately, don't think Kildare county board are savvy enough to find such a man so it'll probably be Banty.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 9:19 am

Great post HG.. you almost have me psyched up enough to lay into the Dubs..
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 3:32 am

There are two players in Panel act representative between players and county board. Players will have say who new manager is through two players
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 7:46 pm

If what is coming out about the likes of Neil Flynn is true the manager should be out, say what you want about these guys giving up their time and it being an amateur sport but then only pick lads that want to give everything and play for Kildare with their full dedication and commitment.
Plenty of players outside of club hawkfield are better than the players inside I wonder could anyone here that maybe a bit more knowledgeable name a team of club players that would beat that team last Sunday..... I'd say so....
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 8:06 pm

sorry luke flynn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Senior Manager
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next