Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Senior Manager

Go down 
+38
Flamingo
lilywhites on tour
Fizzer
steviegenius
Cilldara_2000
Borderline
LillieLad
flourman
The Lillywhite
Highball
jim
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
lily4fr
WestCorkLily
BigG
topcat
Gaa1928
murof
parcel
micky murphy
shortgrass
Rex
KILL BILL
Jimmy winning matches
kildaregaa365
Onechance
bigball
Ohtoohtobe
SeamusMurphy
Big Full Back
Taibi
Shergar
inexile
Kildaremad
Kildare98
Xavi
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 8:52 pm

In soccer it's usually the priority of a new manager to fix the defense first. That is certainly essential for Kildare. You can't persist in picking the same defenders and adopting the same tactics that we have and expect anything other than defeat.
Hyland is not a full back, Doyle's style of play is not suited to CB and what exactly does Byrne do?
Meanwhile a decent CB wanders around the half forward line wondering what the he'll he is supposed to be doing. The best club defender in Kildare is called into the panel and doesn't get on the pitch.
If Derry adopt a blanket defense and have a good free taker then they will beat us easily. We really are that predictable and easy to play against.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:00 pm

parcel wrote:
What more does glenn ryan have to do to get the job?? Took our 21s to AI final..won leagues with longford...has towers up in div1 + senior.  The sad thing about this whole shambles is that he actually wanted the job!!  Cian o Neil has no track record as a manager at any level. Only a reputation he gave to himself. The committee who selected this guy have a lot to answer for
Ryan might back away now probably knows What really going in camp. Manager from outside side county I go for .
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:08 pm

micky murphy wrote:
and please can someone tell me how it takes 20-25mins to give a half time team talk all year including yesterday.......... everyone round me was of the same opinion.......

This habit started with Kildare 5 or 6 years ago during the league. At one stage I stopped going to games in Newbridge because during the break you would be freezing waiting for the game to re-start.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:12 pm

micky murphy wrote:
and please can someone tell me how it takes 20-25mins to give a half time team talk all year including yesterday.......... everyone round me was of the same opinion.......

Said that to herself yesterday. It's cringeworthy. All year we have been late out, only pisses the ref off and riles up the other team.

Anyway he had six months to tell them how to beat Carlow what was he going to achieve with those extra 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Whatever about Glenn, if they pick him the back room team needs to be very strong otherwise politics will take over.................
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:41 pm

What odds a dream team of Glen, Earley & Rainbow.

I swear to god, they must be disgusted watching that yesterday. This team is a f*****g travesty of the 1997-2000 team.

At the very least, I'm sure they wouldn't stand for Carlow shoving us around like they did yesterday (which I'm still f*****g livid about). If they could get the tactical side sorted, it could be a good option.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:01 pm

I can't see Glenn going for the job while Ger Donnelly is chairman of the county board.

This was the team that went for it last time when Cian O Neill got the job, despite having nothing in place other than himself!

Glenn is the only Kildare man I would consider for the job though.

In terms of outside coaches/managers, there are not many available who would dream of taking on this task.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:13 pm

If it is a Kildare man Glenn should get it. If the chairman puts his personal issues before the good of the County then he's in the wrong job.

The list of outside managers good enough and willing to put their reputation on the line will be a short list. I'd give a body part for Jim McGuinnes to shake the whole thing up  but that's just pie in the sky. God knows who we'll get.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Stephen Wallace is at a loose end.

If an outsider would have to be someone like McGuinness to knock seven shades of shite out of that lot.

Or O’Connor maybe?

John Divilly was mentioned elsewhere - would be a risk at inter-county level.

If an insider Ryan is the only candidate to my mind but we’d need to find a modern tactically-astute coach to go with him -someone like Poacher who might perhaps consider it. Imagine he’ll get a role in Down before long though.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 11:05 pm

There are tactical issues but I do think they can be sorted.

The main issue with this group is how mentally weak they are. The way Carlow rattled them yesterday simply by hitting them a few digs before throw-in was pathetic. Tyrone tried similar tactics v Dubs last year and they simply resolved to rip their heads off and bury them on the scoreboard.

But then again, Jim Gavin is a manager who focuses on clinically dismantling the opposition on the field. Our boys are spooked by their own shadows. I repeat – pathetic.

So maybe whoever gets it needs also needs a swat team of psychologists!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 11:48 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
There are tactical issues but I do think they can be sorted.

The main issue with this group is how mentally weak they are. The way Carlow rattled them yesterday simply by hitting them a few digs before throw-in was pathetic. Tyrone tried similar tactics v Dubs last year and they simply resolved to rip their heads off and bury them on the scoreboard.

But then again, Jim Gavin is a manager who focuses on clinically dismantling the opposition on the field. Our boys are spooked by their own shadows. I repeat – pathetic.

So maybe whoever gets it needs also needs a swat team of psychologists!
hard to believe these are young players are easy rough up
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 11:53 pm

I thought, they're throwing a few digs – let's bang in a couple of goals early doors and let them know who's boss. Then give them the physical treatment back twice as hard.

But in the attacking play early on, they got easily swallowed up and their heads were clearly scrambled. Carlow knew they on a winner and kept up the physical stuff throughout the game. Kildare simply couldn't cope.

Btw, this is Carlow we were playing - not Monaghan or Tyrone. What a complete and utter f*****g joke.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 11:57 pm

If don’t play for o neill good help next manager
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 12:05 am

fone wrote:
If don’t play for o neill  good help  next manager

Why god help the next manager ? If O Sé and other Kerry players felt he was a spoofer who's to say our players don't feel the same ?

Lot of these lads have played Sigerson, Aussie rules and club football for many different managers. Pretty sure it would be easy to tell who's a spoofer and who isn't for them. That doesn't excuse our spineless approach but still our approach should come from the manager .
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 12:12 am

Xavi wrote:
fone wrote:
If don’t play for o neill  good help  next manager

Why god help the next manager ? If O Sé and other Kerry players felt he was a spoofer who's to say our players don't feel the same ?

Lot of these lads have played Sigerson,  Aussie rules and club football for many different managers. Pretty sure it would be easy to tell who's a spoofer and who isn't for them.  That doesn't excuse our spineless approach but still our approach should come from the manager .
it was very easy work out o neill was spoofer just listen to interviews . Do not listen to his interviews any more
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 12:16 am

It was outlined in the local media by our manager at the weekend that we have won 4 out of 4 challenge games since the end of the league, he must have forgotten that Roscommon beat us two weeks ago in a challenge, how convenient. Craves the media attention, anyways i hear he is involved with Munster Rugby next year regardless, do us all a favor and walk now!!
Back to top Go down
BigG
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 12:51 am

Glen Ryan please. As a player he wore his heart on his sleeve and gave blood sweat and tears for Kildare. If he done one thing he would toughen up the team and we would never be pushed around by a Division 4 team again. Only a selection like Glen, a true Kildareman will win back the supporters.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 12:57 am

Onechance wrote:
i hear he is involved with Munster Rugby next year regardless

I've honestly never known a manager to generate such a volume of rumour and speculation. Some players have walked, he's lost the dressing room, they don't really rate him, the commitment levels aren't there, he has one foot out the door etc etc.

Jesus even Jason Ryan ran a tight ship by comparison which is saying something.

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 1:39 am

Just read that if we finish level against Derry after extra time it will be decided on a free taking competition. Oh dear, things are not looking good are they!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 2:01 am

shortgrass wrote:
Jack O'Connor?

After yesterday, I'd say his blood was boiling. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 2:08 am

murof wrote:
Just read that if we finish level against Derry after extra time it will be decided on a free taking competition. Oh dear, things are not looking good are they!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 2:29 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
murof wrote:

lol!

+1
Back to top Go down
WestCorkLily
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 2:56 am

We missed the opportunity a few years back to get Kevin McStay. I believe realistic options are;

James Horan - proven at senior intercounty level and available

Colm O'Rourke - dying for an intercounty opportunity and plenty of senior club mgt experience

No merry go round managers need apply. In the short term, can Jack O'Connor join as some sort of Director of Football. Cian O'Neill is out of his depth unfortunately. Good coaches rarely make good managers.

Glen Ryan should be offered the opportunity of becoming a selector

The County needs a big name to shake things up for the better
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 3:04 am

I'd take Horan in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 3:15 am

Not entirely sure how Horan is available given that he is living in Mayo with 4 kids and a busy job? If Colm O'Rourke wanted to be a senior inter-county manager he wouldn't be waiting until turning 61 to do so and not with Kildare. O'Connor is employed by the Kerry County Board as a full-time coach. Like can we get real here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Senior Manager   Next Kildare Senior Manager - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Senior Manager
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next