Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager?

Go down 
+33
SeamusMurphy
BelieveToAchieve
topcat
Sam1928
Big Full Back
Lilywhite forever
Borderline
Stonecold
Cranky
micky murphy
KILL BILL
Rex
jimmers
kildaregaa365
northernlily
stanley
paddyr
kickingking
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
shoutitout
MD
Loads of Pints
bag of white
Westside
Kildare98
lillyboy
Gaa1928
murof
Bad News Baba
if_in_doubt
Botch
Taibi
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager? Empty
PostSubject: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 pm

A few early favorites from Paddy Power:

2/1 Cian O'Neill
7/2 Glenn Ryan
4/1 Jason Ryan
13/2 Kevin McStay
8/1 Anthony Rainbow
8/1 Jack O'Connor

A few other names being thrown around are Peter Canavan, Ronan Quinn, Daragh O'Sé, Bryan Murphy and Brian Lacey.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see Jason Ryan take over.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

I certainly think Cian O Neill should be involved at some level. Everywhere he goes he seems to have a positive effect.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 pm

50/1 for Micko.

You just never know sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

I've no appetite for this but I will say whoever it is will have to improve in McGeeney's record which means better than an All Ireland quarter final in his first year. He'll get no slack whatsoever from me.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Baba O' Reily wrote:
I've no appetite for this but I will say whoever it is will have to improve in McGeeney's record which means better than an All Ireland quarter final in his first year. He'll get no slack whatsoever from me.
Very mean spiriited comment that. The new manager whoever he will be had no part in McGeeney's departure. I didnt agree with him leaving but as a Kildare supporter will support the new man and would urge all posters here to do likewise. There is no guarentee that McGeeney would have reached an AI semi this year so why is that a requirement for the new man?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:20 pm

murof wrote:
Baba O' Reily wrote:
Very mean spiriited comment that. The new manager whoever he will be had no part in McGeeney's departure. I didnt agree with him leaving but as a Kildare supporter will support the new man and would urge all posters here to do likewise. There is no guarentee that McGeeney would have reached an AI semi this year so why is that a requirement for the new man?
Agree 100%, here we are already knocking the next manager even before he is chosen. What hope have we got, i am seriously thinking, after 40 years, of packing in everything got to do with Kildare GAA, both club and county.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:27 pm

We got rid of mcGeeney because his record was not apparently good enough. So obviously the next manager needs to do better. Mcgeeney's first year was a Quarter final. Anything less is a step down. So as I said no slack from me in any way.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Slightly amusing that two of the favourites to replace a man who won nothing in six years are men who won nothing in five years of management in other counties...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:30 pm

I have no appetite for this either. The whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth.

The clubs have created a massive wedge between the county team and themselves that I don't see being easily rectified.

What will be the availability of players be like to the potential new manager. If the clubs aren't happy with that will there be a situation where they can circle the wagons once more.

Can we trust the county board to make the right appointment considering that it has to be ratified by the clubs.

It one unbelievable fucking mess.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:32 pm

I fear for the new man if we get relegated and loose the first round in leinster
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:32 pm

The only people worth bothering with on that list are Jack O'Connor and Cian O'Neill. The idea that the other people mentioned - apart maybe from McStay, who I'm not convinced who cut it at inter-county level - would be an improvement on Kieran McGeeney is actually insulting.

I saw on Brendan Coffey's article that "club delegates are likely to push for a Kildare man after six years of an outsider". It beggars belief really... there's no one in Kildare with impressive enough credentials to take over. I'm with Baba, unless it's a high profile appointment like O'Neill or O'Connor, the new man gets absolutely no slack.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 pm

And yes, I would acknowledge that even Cian O'Neill is something of an unknown quantity on the football side of things.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Actually, the more I think about it, if it's anyone other that O'Neill or (preferably) O'Connor, I will take an immediate dislike to the new manager. There will have to be a massive achievement to win me over. Anything less than a Leinster next year won't cut it.

Also, Paddy Power need to get their heads out of their arses, Glen Ryan has ruled himself out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Whats the point in looking at this right now the new guy wont get the support of the clubs the players wont play for him like they would have for Kieran.
The county board allowed this to happen with no alternative in mind at all that county board needs a complete over haul beofre anything else happens how can they possibly sit there and let this farce happen. I agree with Baba who ever it is quarter final in year one anything else failure.
Big boots to fill
Kieran to be nominated again although I know he has more sense and he should get the hell away from this shambles of a county.
Glenn Ryan no thanks
Jason Ryan not interested
rainbow/brianlacey/Brian Murphy not good enough
Cian O Neill? Tony McEntee?? But what right minded person would come in this county the way it is there needs to be a clear out top to bottom!!!
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 pm

I would view O'Neill, O'Connor or McStay as positive appointments and I would look forward to next year with a very optimistic view.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Baba O' Reily wrote:
We got rid of mcGeeney because his record was not apparently good enough. So obviously the next manager needs to do better. Mcgeeney's first year was a Quarter final. Anything less is a step down. So as I said no slack from me in any way.
The other way of looking at it is we can give the new manager 6 years to win a Leinster. If he manages that he'll be more successful than McGeeney.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 pm

whiteknight wrote:
Whats the point in looking at this right now the new guy wont get the support of the clubs the players wont play for him like they would have for Kieran.
The county board allowed this to happen with no alternative in mind at all that county board needs a complete over haul beofre anything else happens how can they possibly sit there and let this farce happen. I agree with Baba who ever it is quarter final in year one anything else failure.
Big boots to fill
Kieran to be nominated again although I know he has more sense and he should get the hell away from this shambles of a county.
Glenn Ryan no thanks
Jason Ryan  not interested
rainbow/brianlacey/Brian Murphy not good enough
Cian O Neill? Tony McEntee?? But what right minded person would come in this county the way it is there needs to be a clear out top to bottom!!!
And if we potentially did get to an All Ireland quarter final what way would you be then? I dont understand how posters are so certain we are going to all of a sudden become an awful team, get a bit of f*cking perspective. How does anyone know that O'Neill, O'Connor wouldn't be interested for a fact?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:06 am

Er, Westside we don't - that's the point.

I thought the idea of replacing your manager was to make an improvement. So unless we beat Dublin and win Leinster next year, we will be in exactly the same place. In which case this whole process will have been a complete waste of time with a prolonged and messy fallout. Not that the famously competent Kildare county board would ever all that to happen, of course.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:12 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

I thought the idea of replacing your manager was to make an improvement. So unless we beat Dublin and win Leinster next year, we will be in exactly the same place. In which case this whole process will have been a complete waste of time with a prolonged and messy fallout. Not that the famously competent Kildare county board would ever all that to happen, of course.
Out of interest how many more years would you have given McGeeney if he failed to win a Leinster?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:15 am

Out of interest who's the manager who's going to guarantee us a Leinster next year?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:16 am

bag of white wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Out of interest how many more years would you have given McGeeney if he failed to win a Leinster?
50 more years. If he won 3 Leinster titles in that time he'd be doing better than his previous incumbents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:17 am

Exactly Haunted graffiti if we dont retain division 1 status beat Dublin or win Leinster in the next two year then it is a failure!
On top of that it has to be a high profile manager one that the players will play out of their skins for one that the players wont jump to ship to america one that puts in a lot time to fundraising,getting sponsorship spending days with kids at open days and kildare camps
and most importantly commited to Kildare GAA they just thrown that candidate out and stabbed the players and supporters in the back.
Where is this notion of Jack O Connor come in did somebody say he was a teacher in Kerry?
Really there was no alternatives and they got rid of a manager with no one in mind to replace him!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:20 am

Sums it up nicely White Knight

And yes, Jack O'Connor is a school teacher in Kerry
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 am

Jesus, the mind boggles in here sometimes.

No support for the new manager? withdrawing support of Kildare in its entirety. Anything other than a Leinster in the next 2 years is a failure.

What a wonderful environment for the best generation of young players since the mid 90's crop to come into.

although having said that, i get the impression most of the more vocal posters on the forum in the past 24 hours werent even born in the mid 90's.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:35 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
Jesus, the mind boggles in here sometimes.

No support for the new manager? withdrawing support of Kildare in its entirety. Anything other than a Leinster in the next 2 years is a failure.

What a wonderful environment for the best generation of young players since the mid 90's crop to come into.

although having said that, i get the impression most of the more vocal posters on the forum in the past 24 hours werent even born in the mid 90's.
Well said LOP, & if you disagree with them you're an idiot or a muppet. Rolling Eyes 

Some lads are losing the run of themselves on here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next