Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager?

Go down 
+33
SeamusMurphy
BelieveToAchieve
topcat
Sam1928
Big Full Back
Lilywhite forever
Borderline
Stonecold
Cranky
micky murphy
KILL BILL
Rex
jimmers
kildaregaa365
northernlily
stanley
paddyr
kickingking
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
shoutitout
MD
Loads of Pints
bag of white
Westside
Kildare98
lillyboy
Gaa1928
murof
Bad News Baba
if_in_doubt
Botch
Taibi
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:39 am

Excuse you load of pints i have been following Kildare for years and I am disgusted that I stood fundraising and gave money and for that then to happen last night its the sky generation that dont appreciate the fact Kildare got to fiver quarter finals and a semi final after the shambles left by Crfton and Nolan.
What a wonderful environment for the best generation of young players since the mid 90's crop to come into.
Some environment alright the cubs and county board have created and the players not been listened to.
What are you saying are we not looking at retaining division 1 beat Dublin and win Leinster???
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:56 am

The manager for me has to at least make a quarter final next year and retain status in Division 1.. If he doesnt then he is a failure and should be ousted by the clubs next septemeber just like Geezer was.. We have put ourselves in a right mess here.. Want the manager to succeed clearly but Geezer was the right man.. I cant see anyone better.. Thanks to everyone who voted against this and allow our team return to the doldrums..
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

As said before I was a big fan of Geezer and thank him for what he has done but I am defo not going to say that there is nobody better than him out there that might want the job.

BUT......... and this is the big but, would you not want to know who was interested before getting rid of the man you had especially when he had such backing from the players.

If the only people intersted in the job are not of the caliber of Geezer than surely you keep him and hope that a bit of luck will swing or way and we land some silverware.
If there is someone out there who is a proven manager at the highest level then get him on board and thank Geezer for what he has done.
To just get rid of your manger thou without knowing whats out there.........thats madness.

For me I will take any of the managers that won the All Ireland over the last 10 years, thanks.

Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:23 am

shoutitout wrote:
As said before I was a big fan of Geezer and thank him for what he has done but I am defo not going to say that there is nobody better than him out there that might want the job.

BUT......... and this is the big but, would you not want to know who was interested before getting rid of the man you had especially when he had such backing from the players.

If the only people intersted in the job are not of the caliber of Geezer than surely you keep him and hope that a bit of luck will swing or way and we land some silverware.
If there is someone out there who is a proven manager at the highest level then get him on board and thank Geezer for what he has done.
To just get rid of your manger thou without knowing whats out there.........thats madness.

For me I will take any of the managers that won the All Ireland over the last 10 years, thanks.

Conor Counihan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:28 am

Conor Counihan nice felaa I hear but no way only won with all the talent and resources the one lucky A1 in 2010 and sure we could have been there ourselves if it werent for pat mc.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:01 am

Kieran McGeeney
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:03 am

Bag of White I know where you are coming from I do but if he was that lucky to win 1 with Cork I would settle for that at the moment.
Really all I am saying is if its not someone better then why get rid of what you have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:23 am

Exactly why did they get rid of what they had ( a good manager) if there is nobody there better to take over RIDICULOUS!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 am

You can't line somebody up for a job until you have a vacancy. It would have been a terrible insult to McGeeney, second only to last night, if we had somebody lined up while we still had a manager.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:27 am

who are we to know what comes next wont be better though? who is to know the next Jim McGuinness, Jim Gavin, Eamonn Fitzmaurrice, Malachy O'Rourke isnt out there who transforms the fortunes of a team and wins a title in their first year???

Its impossible to say but for jaysus sake the least the man deserves is support. I dont envy anybody who takes on that role, walking into a divisive county board, player upheaval and supporter unrest.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:45 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
who are we to know what comes next wont be better though? who is to know the next Jim McGuinness, Jim Gavin, Eamonn Fitzmaurrice, Malachy O'Rourke isnt out there who transforms the fortunes of a team and wins a title in their first year???

Its impossible to say but for jaysus sake the least the man deserves is support. I dont envy anybody who takes on that role, walking into a divisive county board, player upheaval and supporter unrest.
+1

For all the upheaval over the last day it is still an attractive job for a prospective manager compared to the majority of counties out there (a lot of which is down to work started by McGeeney to give him his due). Once the county settles down and people reflect on this they will realise that Kildare are still a county that can realistically aspire to be competitive against the best. The county is not going to just fall apart at the seams just because McGeeney is gone. There is good work been done at underage level and we still have many talented players. We should have a little more belief and confidence in ourselves as a county.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:51 am

well said kicking
Back to top Go down
paddyr
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:11 am

totally agree kicking king, the overreaction is laugable.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 am

Hear hear kickingking!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:20 am

I will clarify my comments by also saying that our county board could do with a complete overhaul. The executive have failed to run Kildare GAA's affairs properly over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:34 am

kickingking wrote:
Loads of Pints wrote:

+1

For all the upheaval over the last day it is still an attractive job for a prospective manager compared to the majority of counties out there (a lot of which is down to work started by McGeeney to give him his due). Once the county settles down and people reflect on this they will realise that Kildare are still a county that can realistically aspire to be competitive against the best. The county is not going to just fall apart at the seams just because McGeeney is gone. There is good work been done at underage level and we still have many talented players. We should have a little more belief and confidence in ourselves as a county.
Well said, and for the fanatical Mcgeeneyites on here, who are totally losing the run of themselves. For fecks sake lads, get a grip.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:24 am

Nonsense, we are now a divided County, a divided County Board and a group of players who have been betrayed by their own clubs and CB. Who the hell would want to get into bed with the nest of rattlers we have.

You all think the next man will turn up and all will be OK everything forgotten. You are deluded and need a dose of reality.
Back to top Go down
northernlily
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:46 am

Judging by the reaction on twitter and various other sites the new manager is going to find it very difficult to win over the supporters and players. The reality the seniors we have been in decline the last 2 years and have looked way off the pace. We also have failed to beat a div 1 side under Geezer in championship in the last 6 years. Despite what the players are saying on social networks, deep down maybe some of them are not buying into it anymore but have a strong loyalty to Geezer and enjoy the status of being a Kildare senior footballer.

We have come on leaps and bounds under Kieran and the development squads and hawkfield are now in place for a new man to come in and drive it on. Geezer has brought us as far as he can imo and a fresh approach is needed with more emphasis on the football and recieving/moving the ball at pace side of things over strenght. I just hope whoever comes in gets the full backing of players and supporters alike.

Just my opinion
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:09 am

I think the question could be more a case of "who do you think might take it if offered?".

What are they coming into? :

1. Legendary (1) and other long standing players (2?) retiring
2. Divisive squad situation. Worse case (though unlikely I'd hope) you could have the 2013 squad on strike in 2014
3. Possibly 60% of supporters unhappy with the decision to change manager
4. Clubs now in the ascendancy when it comes to player access (they'll run with that ball now they've had this success last night)
5. A weak and divided County Board where 4 executives do an about-face and go against their committee decision
6. Club Kildare leadership clearly not supportive of a change
7. An imperative (one must conclude) to win a Leinster while continuing to integrate an escalating number of young players (see point 1) while at the same time winning silverware in year one.

I don't have the appetite to start considering possible candidates but if I were them I would think long and hard before inserting myself into that situation...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:26 am

And thats where its going crofter because of selfish selfish weasels last night dont apply to Kildare job they would be mad too.
There should be a motion of no confidence in the county board and please god the players do something tonight their manager was treated disgracefully after all he did.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 am

nice to see a balanced view appearing again. Badly handled but that's hardly the 1st time we've seen this. I don't think the top table seen him losing. He has done some great work for the county and deserves our thanks but there is no reason whoever comes in can't maintain or exceed the last 6 years provided he gets the support and backing of all those involved
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:50 am

What if McGeeney comes out and says he accepts the CB vote and maybe it is time for him to move on anyway. Surely the players have no option then but to support the new manager. JD may well retire anyway regardless of who is in charge. Lets not forget McGeeney's appointment was not met with universal approval by Kildare supporters and his first season in charge saw us relegated and lose to Wicklow. He was given time to improve and he did. Maybe the new manager should not be judged to harshly just because of the circumstances. Its very sad it happened this way but there may well be better times ahead.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:01 am

whiteknight wrote:
Exactly Haunted graffiti  if we dont retain division 1 status beat Dublin or win Leinster in the next two year then it is a failure!
On top of that it has to be a high profile manager one that the players will play out of their skins for one that the players wont jump to ship to america one that puts in a lot time to fundraising,getting sponsorship spending days with kids at open days and kildare camps
and most importantly commited to Kildare GAA they just thrown that candidate out and stabbed the players and supporters in the back.
Where is this notion of Jack O Connor come in did somebody say he was a teacher in Kerry?
Really there was no alternatives and they got rid of a manager with no one in mind to replace him!
Why do we need a high profile manager? Mick O'Dowd wouldn't be regarded as one yet did a good job with Meath this year with little fuss and they made real progress. Why can't someone similar do the same for Kildare? You want a manager the players respect and hard as some on here may find it to believe, McGeeney is not the only manager in the country capable of getting the respect of the players.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:05 am

His first season saw us get to a Quarter final murof, you left that out.

Listening to off the ball there tonight and once again we are the laughing stock of the GAA. Roli speechless on it, suggesting players could strike. Texters taking the piss, hosts dumbfounded at the decision. Lads on here think it's just a matter of the next manager rocking up and all will grand.

A pure and simple balls up from start to finish. A meeting that took two hours will cast a shadow for years to come.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:05 am

Cian O'Neill about to rule himself out apparently

Wise man.

Will be a fair few of those in the next week or two I'd imagine.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next