Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager?

Go down 
+33
SeamusMurphy
BelieveToAchieve
topcat
Sam1928
Big Full Back
Lilywhite forever
Borderline
Stonecold
Cranky
micky murphy
KILL BILL
Rex
jimmers
kildaregaa365
northernlily
stanley
paddyr
kickingking
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
shoutitout
MD
Loads of Pints
bag of white
Westside
Kildare98
lillyboy
Gaa1928
murof
Bad News Baba
if_in_doubt
Botch
Taibi
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 am

whiteknight wrote:
Wouldnt it be funny if McGeeney takes on Laois,Westmeath Etc and drawn Kildare in the first round and if they hammered Kildare would love to see the anti faces then!
that would be the bite in the arse the county board need to run this county right.
This just takes the biscuit. I wanted McGeeney to stay but just because he's gone doesn't mean I'd find it "funny" to lose to the queens et al nor would I want to just to be able to see people's faces. FFS, catch on to yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 am

Well no it would'nt funny that kildare team would lose as they put in huge effort I would never want them to lose but the faces on the anti brigade would be as so sour and I for one wouldnt be long about saying  I TOLD YOU SO! sometimes you need a harsh lesson to open your eyes and to give you a good kick up the hole and that scenario would be one that the county board need.

A ryan should get the job alright Jason if he is interested.
He is the only one that I can see people agreeing on and uniting what bits are left of this county.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:31 am

Unfortunately Athyman your club actively campaigned for other clubs to vote no. Your club were not content to mind their own business and let others vote as they wished without pressure.
That's the big issue I have. The vote was not based on football but on politics.
There is a black mark against your club.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:34 am

whiteknight wrote:
Well no it would'nt funny that kildare team would lose as they put in huge effort I would never want them to lose but the faces on the anti brigade would be as so sour and I for one wouldnt be long about saying  I TOLD YOU SO! sometimes you need a harsh lesson to open your eyes and to give you a good kick up the hole and that scenario would be one that the county board need.

A ryan should get the job alright Jason if he is interested.
He is the only one that I can see people agreeing on and uniting what bits are left of this county.
If Jason Ryan was manager would you still be going around saying I TOLD YOU SO in the scenarios you outlined?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:41 am

I actually think Glen Ryan is good manager, and I've no doubt the organisation and commitment under him would be exemplary, but I am unconvinced he has the tactical nous to succeed at the highest level.

However, if Cian O'Neill rules himself out and Jack O'Connor is a non-runner, we may be stuck with him. I suppose him with Earley and Rainbow as selectors wouldn't be too bad. Better than McGeeney though? Again I am not convinced.

Maybe if Jim McGuinness doesn't take the Donegal job for another year we should try and get him :-P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 am

No I wouldnt because I think Jason Ryan would have the players and supporters backing the players would play for him but I will if Glenn Ryan is appointed after what Im hearing. The snake should be put back on the crest.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:50 am

Doubt Ryan would take it after Geezer was so brazenly stabbed in the back.

Also, what is the big deal about Ryan? His big claim to fame is running Dublin close in two championship matches. Wow. McGeeney did the exact same, in addition to which there were five quarter finals, a semi, four All Stars, a Div 2 title and an U21 Leinster.

Really, it would have been the equivalent of Everton sacking Moyes for failing to win silverware, only unlike Moyes I think McGeeney would have got there eventually.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:56 am

Paul Caffrey anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:56 am

If somehow we were able to get Jim McGuinness it would go some way to put this sad affair behind us.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:57 am

I was voting for Jason as he was aleady part of the set up and I believe they have great time for him it would be an easier transition.
Remember a new lad wouldnt be coming into normanl circumstances/environment here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 am

No dubs need apply haha Laughing 
yeah I'd agree with Jimmy Mc lI like 'Jimmys winning Lillies' but up there in Donegal. Guess what? The county board, Mc Guinness, the clubs are a bit mature, dishing out their differences and are trying to come to a compromise.
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:07 am

White stars wrote:
Paul Caffrey anyone?
Only if Keith Barr agrees to be his assistant.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:10 am

Ah lads, McGuinness, McEntee, O'Connor, and O Neill are all pie in the sky.

Take a step back from the storm we are in. Look at it from an outside manager's view and consider if you want to get involved. Spilt board, split supporters, clubs voting against players, untrustworthy committee members. They don't need the hassle and won't touch us with a shitty stick.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:17 am

Take a step back from the storm we are in. Look at it from an outside manager's view and consider if you want to get involved. Spilt board, split supporters, clubs voting against players, untrustworthy committee members. They don't need the hassle and won't touch us with a shitty stick.

And there's no getting away from it!
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:20 am

Ah sure its just a thought that occurred to me there on Caffrey. I wouldn't be totally against the idea. Dublin's dominance in Leinster began in 2005 when he was appointed won 4 leinster title's in row. He would have won at least 1 All Ireland with them only Tyrone and Kerry were the dominant force during his tenure. He seemed to have brought the professional set up in the Dublin camp to a new level during his time there. Yes Jimmy Mcguinness would be a massive appointment but i can't see that happening unfortunately. Heard news of people talking about a Glen Ryan/Anthony Rainbow dream team.lol! I give up with some people in this county.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:20 am

White stars wrote:
Paul Caffrey anyone?
Do you think he could bring along Mark Vaughan as part of the deal?
A nice apartment in the K Club might tempt him.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6