Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare's Manager 2014

Go down 
+64
steviegenius
ixus
learmus
Onhisboot
walsheman
Fear An Geata
Gaa1928
kelf
moatesports
TommyKeegan
lollypop
Big Full Back
if_in_doubt
shoutitout
Son of Sarsfields
lilywhites on tour
the young lad
bk 1
LillieLad
Lilywhite forever
lillyboy
Athyman
Cranky
Borderline
Taibi
kildaregaa365
Director
Cilldara_2000
jimmers
Kildare123
jj
Highball
stanley
Bad News Baba
kildarecat
Kildare98
jim
paddyr
flourman
Stonecold
Jimmy winning matches
peile
topcat
micky murphy
bag of white
Frankel
Admin
KILL BILL
Ogie
overthebar
lilysavage
BelieveToAchieve
MD
jobluts
Rex
naked-lilly
johnsmyth
bob12
OutTheGap
Westside
kickingking
murof
SeamusMurphy
Dinny Breen
68 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Kildare Manager 2014
McGeeney + Current Backroom Team
Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_lcap6%Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
McGeeney + New Backroom Team
Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_lcap62%Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 33 ]
Cian O'Neill
Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_lcap13%Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 7 ]
Glenn Ryan
Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_lcap15%Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
Anthony Rainbow
Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_lcap0%Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ronan Quinn
Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_lcap2%Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Mark Brophy
Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_lcap2%Kildare's Manager 2014 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 53

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Kildare's Manager 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Interesting to see how much support McGeeney has. I'm kind of the fence at the moment but like the cut of Cian O'Neill's jib.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Good Man Dinny..
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:07 pm

First choice would be a team of McGeeney, Murphy, O'Neil and Hendy. This would ensure some continuity and some fresh faces who have had recent success. Maybe the same team in charge of the U21's with Lacey in charge of the minors. Not sure how likely that team is but would be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Mc Geeney and a change in backroom the pace of the team has to be looked at and the tackling/defense.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 pm

What is the likely timeline here? Will there be a proposal before the next county board meeting and a vote on the night?
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:27 pm

murof wrote:
First choice would be a team of McGeeney, Murphy, O'Neil and Hendy. This would ensure some continuity and some fresh faces who have had recent success. Maybe the same team in charge of the U21's with Lacey in charge of the minors. Not sure how likely that team is but would be interesting to see.
If McGeeney was to stay thats looks a decent option Murof but I know that Cian o'Neill wouldnt work with McGeeney. I also dont see Murphy like Hendy and Ryan last year being assertive enough to really stoke things up unlike Grimley and O'Rourke before.

It cant be emphasized enough that if the same management are in place next year we will continue to slide.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Westside wrote:

It cant be emphasized enough that if the same management are in place next year we will continue to slide.
I agree. I'd only be in favour of McGeeney staying if he gets a new coach and fitness trainer. Things have gone stale and we badly need to freshen it up.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:04 am

Dave mathews has done a great job with Cork worth a look as a S/C Coach
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 am

What is the likelihood of Julie Davis been kept if Mcgeeney is? It is very high. The support for Mcgeeney is based on him changing things which he will find difficult which is not his fault he seems very loyal to those around him. However if you consider S&C one of the major failings this year then that is a problem.
I would be more on the no gameplan and if there was one it has been way off for a while now feeding to all the other failings.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:36 am

can i click on 3 of them:scratch: 
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:09 am

When it's said change the back room team what's really meant is a new S&C coach I presume.
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:49 am

there is no way Cian O Neill would take t kildarejob ,t main reasons 1 ,he has just joined kerry 2 he sees kerry job as probably a 2 to 3 year job ,i also think he would be highly insulted to be asked to work under mr. mcgeeney,if anything mcgeeney would be better off learning from mr o neill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:07 am

says who? he wasnt highly insulted to working along side James Horan or Eamon fitzmaurice.
Jasan Ryan had no problem coming on board working with McGeeney what are you insinuating that Mr O Neill has a big ego? and if O Neill is sticking with Kerry then thats that plenty of  good S&C coaches out there I presume.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 am

I want Geezer to stay on but yes, a new backroom team is a must especially S&C but also maybe a new selector.. I dont know what the players thought as Jason Ryan as their trainier and cant comment on that front and I dont know how much of a role he had when it came to the first team.. I do feel a new selector maybe needed but I could not comment on who..

Someone said Brian Murphy but I think he should take over U21's and focus on that..
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Looks like a very clear majority here are in favourite of the man staying out with a new backroom team. Hopefully there will be no Ryan/Rainbow brain-farts by the cb

And could somebody please explain why that idiot Moorefield man was interviewed in this weeks Kildare Nationalist?
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 6:53 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
What is the likelihood of Julie Davis been kept if Mcgeeney is? It is very high. The support for Mcgeeney is based on him changing things which he will find difficult which is not his fault he seems very loyal to those around him. However if you consider S&C one of the major failings this year then that is a problem.
I would be more on the no gameplan and if there was one it has been way off for a while now feeding to all the other failings.
100% she will be kept if McGeeney stays even though I have heard rumours that players want a change here. McGeeney badly needs someone who will make decisions and put it up to him, the last few selectors by the sounds of things have been very agreeable fellows which is not what Kildare need.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:13 pm

I couldnt see the CB insisting that McGeeney changes His backroom Team.. I would imagine thats down to Him ??
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:56 pm

We definitely need a change in S&C, be it a change in trainer or a change in the methods currently applied. Was watching Alan Smith on sunday and was shocked to see how bulked up and ponderous he has become. Remember him in 09 when he used his pace and skill to score 4-9 in the championship and how he was such a goal threat. He never looks capable of going past his marker now and sadly doesn't really stand out at club level. I think the 3 stars of the 08 U21 team, Smith, O'Flaherty and White have been badly advised on S&C and have never fulfilled the great potential they had. Be terrible to see the young lads from this years U21 heading down the same route but that is very possible.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:50 pm

murof wrote:
We definitely need a change in S&C, be it a change in trainer or a change in the methods currently applied. Was watching Alan Smith on sunday and was shocked to see how bulked up and ponderous he has become. Remember him in 09 when he used his pace and skill to score 4-9 in the championship and how he was such a goal threat. He never looks capable of going past his marker now and sadly doesn't really stand out at club level. I think the 3 stars of the 08 U21 team, Smith, O'Flaherty and White have been badly advised on S&C and have never fulfilled the great potential they had. Be terrible to see the young lads from this years U21 heading down the same route but that is very possible.
Dan Flynn already an example of this. Flying at the start of the year and looked brilliant in the O'Byrne cup final, Donegal and Cork games to a burnt out over trained looking player in the championship.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 pm

The consensus seems to be McGeeney + new backroom team. Who do those advocating this option want to see getting involved?

As selectors since 2008 we have had Niall Carew, Paul Grimley and Aidan O'Rourke who have gone on to manage inter county teams and Jason Ryan who is a former inter county manager. There's a lot of expertise there, what difference will these new men make from what has gone in the past? I think it's pretty much a given that there won't be much change to the physical training side of things if McGeeney is kept on.

Cian O'Neill seemingly wants his next position to be as the no1 in a management setup. I've heard it proposed that he should be asked to come on board under McGeeney with a view to taking over in two years time but this is unlikely. Say those two years went badly, we'd all be saying that he was part of that setup for two years and had little impact and then he would be overlooked for the big job. Glenn Ryan and Anthony Rainbow are unlikely to become a selector having been a manager in another county and in the former's case, it appears he wants to take some time away from it. Murphy and Lacey look likely to be retained in the underage structure.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Paddy Brophy is another who looks to have increased in bulk.. We all remember Tommy Moo, and how bulked He became only out of Minor. Even Seanie was looking like a weee Robocop. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 pm

kickingking wrote:
The consensus seems to be McGeeney + new backroom team. Who do those advocating this option want to see getting involved?

As selectors since 2008 we have had Niall Carew, Paul Grimley and Aidan O'Rourke who have gone on to manage inter county teams and Jason Ryan who is a former inter county manager. There's a lot of expertise there, what difference will these new men make from what has gone in the past? I think it's pretty much a given that there won't be much change to the physical training side of things if McGeeney is kept on.

Cian O'Neill seemingly wants his next position to be as the no1 in a management setup. I've heard it proposed that he should be asked to come on board under McGeeney with a view to taking over in two years time but this is unlikely. Say those two years went badly, we'd all be saying that he was part of that setup for two years and had little impact and then he would be overlooked for the big job. Glenn Ryan and Anthony Rainbow are unlikely to become a selector having been a manager in another county and in the former's case, it appears he wants to take some time away from it. Murphy and Lacey look likely to be retained in the underage structure.
Grimley and Aidan O'Rourke were very highly regarded by the players and its possible that if Aidan O'Rourke stayed around another year or 2 we could have won something of note. Don't forget the years he was involved we barely lost to Down in that AI semi final and lost in injury time to Donegal who went on to win the AI the following year. On top of that when he looked after the defense can anyone remember us getting trounced in those couple of years.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Think its a nobrainer to keep McGeeney. The players are always in good shape. They are hungry and there are no standout club players being overlooked. He has constantly freshened up his backroom team so bar kick the ball over the bar himself, |I dont see where he has faltered too much . The quality of player becoming available to him is better than what he had when he took over in general so I think he deserves a chance. Listen to likes of Dermot, Johnny or Roly and they all say it is imperative he stays on.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:43 am

lilysavage wrote:
Think its a nobrainer to keep McGeeney. The players are always in good shape. They are hungry and there are no standout club players being overlooked. He has constantly freshened up his backroom team so bar kick the ball over the bar himself, |I dont see where he has faltered too much . The quality of player becoming available to him is better than what he had when he took over in general so I think he deserves a chance. Listen to likes of Dermot, Johnny or Roly and they all say it is imperative he stays on.
Really? The players were stuck to the ground during the championship.

What about the pastings against Cork last year and this year against Dublin (twice). In the championship against Dublin they could have got 10 goals!! What did we do to stop this? We went man to man against the quickest team in the country and were left chasing shadows. These were arguably our two biggest games in the last two years and we got completely annihilated. I suppose it doesn't help when the players look wrecked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:40 am

Well said Lilysavage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare's Manager 2014
Page 1 of 29Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next