Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare's Manager 2014

Go down 
+64
steviegenius
ixus
learmus
Onhisboot
walsheman
Fear An Geata
Gaa1928
kelf
moatesports
TommyKeegan
lollypop
Big Full Back
if_in_doubt
shoutitout
Son of Sarsfields
lilywhites on tour
the young lad
bk 1
LillieLad
Lilywhite forever
lillyboy
Athyman
Cranky
Borderline
Taibi
kildaregaa365
Director
Cilldara_2000
jimmers
Kildare123
jj
Highball
stanley
Bad News Baba
kildarecat
Kildare98
jim
paddyr
flourman
Stonecold
Jimmy winning matches
peile
topcat
micky murphy
bag of white
Frankel
Admin
KILL BILL
Ogie
overthebar
lilysavage
BelieveToAchieve
MD
jobluts
Rex
naked-lilly
johnsmyth
bob12
OutTheGap
Westside
kickingking
murof
SeamusMurphy
Dinny Breen
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Kildare Manager 2014
McGeeney + Current Backroom Team
Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_lcap6%Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
McGeeney + New Backroom Team
Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_lcap62%Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 33 ]
Cian O'Neill
Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_lcap13%Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 7 ]
Glenn Ryan
Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_lcap15%Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
Anthony Rainbow
Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_lcap0%Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ronan Quinn
Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_lcap2%Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Mark Brophy
Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_lcap2%Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 53

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:22 pm

KK I think young Adam Tyrrell will be worth a look for Kildare, strong, athletic and can hit a ball from huge distance, and is also a decent place ball kicker, with a bit more experience I can see him flourishing if given the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:22 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Folks this may be out of order.. But I thought the standard of Football at the Weekend in the 2 Senior Semis was poor.. As for picking out County Men, a difficult task indeed..
Have to agree with you Seamus. Had high hopes for Athy this year but they were dire apart from Hyland. Sunday's fare wouldn't be giving the Dubs any sleepless nights, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm

kildarecat wrote:
KK I think young Adam Tyrrell will be worth a look for Kildare, strong, athletic and can hit a ball from huge distance, and is also a decent place ball kicker, with a bit more experience I can see him flourishing if given the opportunity.
What club is this young lad from?
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Players from the finalists worth a trial from what ive seen this year ( i cant speak for whether they are interested or not).

Conor Tiernan
Sean Campbell
Ray Cahill

Kevin Murnaghan
Ross Glavin
Adam Tyrell (Very Impressive on Sunday)

Without Daryl/Chalky playing in the final, does this mean that Alan Smith will be the only county player on show??
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 pm

I agree Adam Tyrell played well for the Moores on Sunday. Has he ever played minor or Under-21 for Kildare?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 pm

With Glen & Jack having ruled themselves out of contention, Is Paul Early not a serious option ?, As far as I am aware, He has all the coaching badges, lives in Kildare, and is obviously very well respected to be given the International Rules Manager role..
No disraspect to the Man.. But I dont see how appointing Jason Ryan is a step forward from Geezer ?.. I just think we need to move on and freshen things up with a complete new Management Team..
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:24 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
With Glen & Jack having ruled themselves out of contention, Is Paul Early not a serious option ?, As far as I am aware, He has all the coaching badges, lives in Kildare, and is obviously very well respected to be given the International Rules Manager role..
No disraspect to the Man.. But I dont see how appointing Jason Ryan is a step forward from  Geezer ?.. I just think we need to move on and freshen things up with a complete new Management Team..
You endorsed Glen Ryan for the job thats your choice and you're entitle to that. But you say you don't see how appointing Jason Ryan is a step forward from Mcgeeney. What did you think Glen Ryan would have brought to the table that Jason Ryan wouldn't have?
Sure Jason Ryan being appointed would bring a new management team would it not? I know he was a selector this year but still.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Why would Jason Ryan being appointed lead to a new Management Team ??, Would he not be entitled to keep the same Lads with Him from this term ( ie other Selectors etc) ?.. As for Glen.. thats irrelevant now.. Like I said previously..If Jason gets the nod, I wish Him the best, and I will support Him.. FYI Jason did far more than just select this term.. He was the Guy who was roaring instructions / calling the shots etc during training sessions..
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Why would Jason Ryan being appointed lead to a new Management Team ??, Would he not be entitled to keep the same Lads with Him from this term ( ie other Selectors etc) ?.. As for Glen.. thats irrelevant now.. Like I said previously..If Jason gets the nod, I wish Him the best, and I will support Him.. FYI Jason did far more than just select this term.. He was the Guy who was roaring instructions / calling the shots  etc during training sessions..
How do you know if his advice was taken on board by Mcgeeney all the time? That might'nt have been the case.
Who gets the blame when things go wrong? The manager does not the number 2. The buck stops with him as Steve staunton would say.
If he gets the job he may keep the same selectors etc or he may decide to bring in his own. A complete new management team as you're looking for.
Our league campaign was very good this year. Maybe he had an impact on that. After all players did comment that he brought alot to the table.
Anyway you won't answer what Glen would have brought to the table more than Jason, but i reckon he's the ideal candidate. He had a decent record with Wexford there's no denying that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Jason Ryan getting the job with McGeeney coming on board as his number 2.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:42 pm

No arguments with Jason Ryan getting the job really. Provides a good level of continuity from the previous set up which could definitely benefit the younger lads on the panel.

Hendy seemed to be pretty hands on at times from what I could see this year, good be a good chance of him being kept on too unless Ryan wants to bring in his own people.

Out of interest, do any of the people who wanted McGeeney out on the basis that he won nothing in six years have an issue with neither of the Ryan's winning anything in five years? Or were expectations different in each case?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Yeah have to say If In Doubt that's an issue I have with the whole thing. The anti McGeeney squad were always whinging about the lack of silverware.

Ryan had players good enough in Wexford to beat Dublin but failed to do so, simple as. So I think it's fair to question if we're actually getting an improvement here or whether it's like for like (or even maybe not as good!), in which case this whole exercise has been a bit of a waste of time, and a divisive and messy one at that.

I'm really not sure if Ryan is as good as McGeeney tbh. Not to say he isn't a great fella, but that's how I feel about it, putting my critical hat on.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:33 pm

kildarecat wrote:
Possibly. He has some potential but he's probably in the same boat as Ray Cahill for now. They're guys who might be able to make the step up but apart from Chalky I saw no one who wasn't there this season who could definitely make an impact for Kildare next season. I’m sure they will get a chance in the O’Byrne Cup if they impress in the county final. Some of the other names mentioned there were approached before but felt that they couldn't give the commitment required and opted out which is fair enough.

Away from the senior, I thought the standard of the minor match between Naas and Two Mile House at Raheens was quite high which is encouraging. Those lads might be a good few years off yet but it does give reasons for encouragement. The appointments of the minor and u21 managements are just as important and I hope there is some serious thought going into them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:59 pm

if_in_doubt wrote:

Out of interest, do any of the people who wanted McGeeney out on the basis that he won nothing in six years have an issue with neither of the Ryan's winning anything in five years? Or were expectations different in each case?
Excellent question. I wouldn't expect too many coherent answers if_in_doubt.

When Ryan got the Wexford Job, Wexford were a far better side than when McGeeney took Kildare.

Incidentally he took charge of Wexford the same time Geezer took Kildare.
And I don't believe he's ever beaten Kildare with Wexford.

I do rate him however.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 pm

62% voted for mcgeeney and change the back room. Now its get rid of mcgeeney and keep the back room. ..very strange
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:04 am

jim wrote:
62% voted for mcgeeney and change the back room.  Now its get rid of mcgeeney and keep the back room. ..very strange
Interesting point Jim. At the time of the poll, I think people were thinking more of a change in the back room with regard to our strength & conditioning (which was probably never going to happen) It's hard to know looking in from the outside how much of an influence Jason Ryan had last year in terms of tactics and team selection.

I'd say a lot of people who thought McGeeney got a lot of things right (myself included) would be happy enough if Jason got the job as there would be a level of continuity with the old setup so the standards of professionalism, preparation etc would be maintained. People who weren't happy with the old regime would probably favour a completely new setup. It's hard to know at this stage if Ryan will be as good as McGeeney but maybe we will benefit from a new man in charge and a different approach to strength & conditioning.

I think the argument about lack of silverware for our new manager is largely irrelevant. I'm not sure there are any Leinster/All-Ireland winning managers at senior inter-county level that are available and willing to come to Kildare.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 am

Id say there's a fair chance that if Jason get the job he'll keep alot of the same back room including the s and c coach. If Jason Ryan does get the job then I think the county board have completely changed to as I'm lead to believe that they wanted kieran but to change his back room team......From the outside looking it it looks like there haven't got a clue what they're doing. I would have thought that they the cb would have identified who they want and went and got him.
And another point and something that worries me is whos leaking everything to the media? Like John mcmahon met Glen on Monday and it was in the local paper on the Tuesday which probably went to print before the meeting happen. ..ffs that no way of doing your business. ..
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:36 am

jim wrote:
Id say there's a fair chance that if Jason get the job he'll keep alot of the same back room including the s and c coach.  If Jason Ryan does get the job then I think the county board have completely changed to as I'm lead to believe that they wanted kieran but to change his back room team......From the outside looking it it looks like there haven't got a clue what they're doing.  I would have thought that they the cb would have identified who they want and went and got him.
And another point and something that worries me is whos leaking everything to the media?  Like John mcmahon met Glen on Monday and it was in the local paper on the Tuesday which probably went to print before the meeting happen. ..ffs that no way of doing your business. ..
No he wont be keeping the same s and c coach if he gets the job, she will go with McGeeney wherever he goes and I think this was what most people were referring to regarding a change in back room team.

For what its worth from what I know of McGeeney and Jason Ryan, Ryan is ahead of McGeeney in a few areas notably tactics. Although I dont think he had much of a say in things last year I think if he had the reigns himself he could do very well.

Also there is no way his Wexford team had better players than the Kidlare team McGeeney had. They had a couple of excellent forwards apart from that you couldnt say any of their backs or midfield were great. He did a great job there and over achieved IMO.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:17 am

A total of 53 votes is hardly a county wide endorsement for or against a manager or his back room team......
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 am

O'Connor: Lily link just media talk

Jack O'Connor has revealed there was nothing concrete in the speculation linking him with the vacant Kildare senior job.

The All-Ireland winning manager dismissed it as 'media talk' and will now channel all his efforts in his new job as Kerry minor football manager.

"There was nothing to the Kildare job, that was just media talk," O'Connor told the Irish Examiner following his appointment as the Kingdom's new minor football boss.

Talk of a meeting between O'Connor and county board representatives is wide of the mark?

O'Connor not telling truth?

Or he did meet with the county board but had pretty much no interest at all in taking on the role (why meet with them in the first place then)?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 pm

The situation is getting ridiculous now. No word from any officials in County board. A day before the championship Draw. I hope to jaysus Mc Mahon & co have somebody decent up their sleeve. The level of uncertainty about it now shows that Jason Ryan mightn't even be getting it especially since the lack of words from any party! The whole thing is as clear as bottled shite.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Interesting Tweet

@KfmSport: So the list of names for Kildare SF manager seems to be down to three... Kevin McStay, Jason Ryan & Dara Ó Sé. Who would you prefer? #gaa
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:07 pm

From those 3 probably McStay, All-Ireland winner in his only year with Brigids, Dara O Sé is unproven while Jason Ryan was there last year and his managerial record is not overly convincing to me and includes losses to Limerick and Tipp in his final 2 years with Wexford, having said that he did run Dublin close twice and should have beaten them in 2010 when Dublin beat them in extra time.

Continuity is not a good enough reason for me to give the job to Jason Ryan, anyway I suppose all will be revealed next Tuesday night, well at least I hope it will!!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Out of them 3 I would want Jason Ryan did well with Wexford and the players know him, Don't know why but McStay just seems underwhelming and boring...Dara was a great player but not experienced and think he did shite with Kerry u21's..
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Lads for jaysus sake, ye hardly think the CB chairman is going to come here or go public with who he has met or planning to meet just to keep all of us informed......silent silent 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare's Manager 2014   Kildare's Manager 2014 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare's Manager 2014
Page 15 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next