Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager?

Go down 
+33
SeamusMurphy
BelieveToAchieve
topcat
Sam1928
Big Full Back
Lilywhite forever
Borderline
Stonecold
Cranky
micky murphy
KILL BILL
Rex
jimmers
kildaregaa365
northernlily
stanley
paddyr
kickingking
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
shoutitout
MD
Loads of Pints
bag of white
Westside
Kildare98
lillyboy
Gaa1928
murof
Bad News Baba
if_in_doubt
Botch
Taibi
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 pm

I don't think suggesting Tony McEntee who has won two club all-irelands and 3/3 ulster club titles would be a joke apointment at all! Whatever about Glenn who was a legendary player for Kildare but has not had phenomanal success as a manager!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:19 pm

That club have become very big headed on very little! who are the names BTA? Agree Tony McEntee would be better than some been mentioned but who would want to come in to an environment like this created by clubs and county board.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:27 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
The 2 names I've just hers are a joke. And if either get the job, Kildare football will be back where it was 6 years ago.

I really do not believe how arrogant a certain club has become in a short space of time. In the wilderness for 30 years. Win one championship and now they want to tell us all how to play football. Joke, absolute joke
If one of those names is a club manager then I wonder is it a coincidence that his odds have dropped from 20/1 last night to 10/1 now.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Where can I see those odds? And I'll tell you
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Mark Brophy 10/1
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Paddy Power:

Glenn Ryan 10/11
Anthony Rainbow 8/1
Brian Murphy 14/1
Cian O Neill 3/1
Jack O Connor 8/1
Niall Carew 14/1
Jason Ryan 4/1
Mark Brophy 10/1
Brian Lacey 16/1
Kieran McGeeney 5/1
Aidan O Rourke 10/1
Dara O Se 20/1
Conor Counihan 13/2
Dermot Earley 11/1
Ronan Quinn 22/1
Kevin McStay 13/2
Peter Canavan 12/1
Justin McNulty 33/1
Larry Tompkins 15/2
Paul Earley 14/1
Mick O Dwyer 50/1

Last edited by Taibi on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Yep - that's the name I've heard. What a complete fucking joke!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:47 pm

I can understand Cian O'Neill initially being the favourite, strong reputation, in the media recently saying it's a job he'd be interested in taking on at some stage.

I can understand Glen Ryan shortening to favourite as there's been a lot of speculation on forums and social media outlets about him being a good candidate.

I can understand them offering odds on McGeeney to take over again, although there's no way I'd have him as 4th favourite.

I've no idea though how Larry Tompkins can come out of nowhere overnight and be installed as one of the favourites ahead of Jack O'Connor or Dara O'Sé who were both highlighted in some places as possible candidates. As far as I'm aware nobody anywhere publicly mentioned Tompkins as a candidate for the role.

And likewise I have no idea how the odds on one candidate can half, despite there being, like Tompkins no mention of him in public. The only reason odds would drop like that is if Powers got an inside tip, or there was a load of money put down on him in the last 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Mark Brophy was at 10/1 when I checked yesterday evening. He was also included in the poll here where 1 poster voted for him when 68% of us voted for McGeeney to stay.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I am almost certain I saw him at 20/1 along with O'Sé and Ronan Quinn when the odds were initially put up yesterday morning.

Could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:00 am

Well he might have moved in at some stage yesterday but I checked a few times and any time I looked I thought he was 10/1. But I also might be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:13 am

Why is Glen at 10/11 odds if He is not interested ??, Those odds would suggest there is a few bob going on Him..
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:14 am

Taibi wrote:
Jason Ryan should be given the reigns if he wants them.
Jason Ryan would be my choice as well if he wants it. I think players and supporters would support that appointment. I think he could continue with the good work Kieran has done and change things that weren't working like the approach to strength & conditioning.

I think it would be hard for a Kildare man to take over as the knives would be out as soon as anything went wrong. In normal circumstances people like Kevin McStay, Jack O'Connor etc would be good candidates if they were interested but these are not normal circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:19 am

If they dont make a quarter in year one like McGeeney did.
Win dublin and win leinster within two years then he whoever it is will be a failure isnt that the expectations that were put on McGeeney and he in a rebuilding phase??!!!!! any less for the new lad and your out!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:24 am

I must say its a terrible pity that we have no clubs games on this weekend to give us something to do and to talk about.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:38 am

Was McGeeney not disposed of because the replacement is expected to do better. Were we not under achieving with him according to some?

So the replacement has to reach the Semi Final of the All Ireland in his first year and avoid relegation from Divison 1.

Simple as that.

And as some stage during his tenure manage the u21's to an All Ireland final and secure a lucrative sponsorship deal for the county.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:42 am

I was the only one on the forum to vote for mark brophy, I do not think Athy should get all the stick there were other clubs who voted against as well, I know all of our committee members that are dedicated gaa men and are not in the least bit arrogant and you are correct we have only won one champship in the last 30 years, our underage record in recent years is excellent, all club people have a right to there opinion, but to slag off a whole club is out of order .
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:51 am

Walter White wrote:
Was McGeeney not disposed of because the replacement is expected to do better. Were we not under achieving with him according to some?

So the replacement has to reach the Semi Final of the All Ireland in his first year and avoid relegation from Divison 1.

Simple as that.

And as some stage during his tenure manage the u21's to an All Ireland final and secure a lucrative sponsorship deal for the county.
Walter, how many of those conditions did McGeeney achieve in his first year in 2008? Did he really secure that sponsorship on his own? I'd say the poor guy is embarrassed by some of the stuff you and Whiteknight are coming out with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 am

From Ger McNally twittter account.
In the championship, McGeeney had a win ratio of 64% from 36 games, which is by far the best record of Kildare manager in the last 30 years.

so anything less for the new lad is failure!
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:59 am

Lads what is done is done we have to get behind the new man who ever he is, people on committees always have agendas I have been on committees so I saw it from the inside but never again, if a club is going to vote against a manager of a county team then all club members should be consulted .
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:04 am

whiteknight wrote:
From Ger McNally twittter account.
In the championship, McGeeney had a win ratio of 64% from 36 games, which is by far the best record of Kildare manager in the last 30 years.

so anything less for the new lad is failure!
Championship record against a Division 1 team 0%.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:07 am

Kildare championship record pre mcgeeney against division 1 2 3 4 opposition 0%
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:08 am

It is truly comical to read that the McGeeneyites won't be supporting Kildare next year. So I presume if we play Dublin, they will will be investing in bodhrans and cans of Dutch Gold, for a day out on hill 16 cheering on Berno and the boys.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 am

Wouldnt it be funny if McGeeney takes on Laois,Westmeath Etc and drawn Kildare in the first round and if they hammered Kildare would love to see the anti faces then!
that would be the bite in the arse the county board need to run this county right.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 am

How was our Championship record pre qualifiers before greezer arrived ..... or what was greezers record if qualifiers wasn't there like in Dwyers time.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager?   Next Kildare Manager? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next