Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

county convention 2013

Go down 
+12
lollypop
kickingking
Gaa1928
Bad News Baba
Cilldara_2000
kelf
Ogie
overthebar
losthope
ohluckyme
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

county convention 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:50 am

jj wrote:
Can anybody hazard a guess why an EGM of Club Kildare has been called for Tuesday week ? Just got notification now
As I mentioned in the other thread Kfm tweeted hinting it could be in trouble. The fallout from McGeeney continues. Another €100,00 to find on top of the €80,000 not raised this year plus the croke park loan repayments start this year. Things could not get much worse, yet the likes of CB cheerleader ballyboy sees nothing wrong. Jokeshop.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:57 am

The immaturity is cat here at times... why can't people accept that other people have differing opinions? And I know I get thick sometimes, but why is the default setting to insult someone. So maybe you didn't have to leave school to work when you were 12... does being better at spelling make you a better man or woman or amoeba? Or does boasting about it make you at least feel better?

I have never been mistaken for being a county board cheerleader. But there was a convention the other week. The opportunity to push for change was there in the months building up through your clubs, by lobbying internally, putting up alternative candidates and working externally to get the votes. I'm disappointed it didn't happen in some areas. But it's there now. Hopefully they can sort things out and the auction works, and that someone comes up with a couple of other excellent, implementable ideas.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:36 am

Good post Ogie, there are a no of posters who seek to make their case by insults and not debatable points. The option to change things at the CB was there for anyone who wanted to get involved but it seems no one did.
I dont know much about the workings of the CB but those involved do give up a lot of their time to it and it does seem to be a thankless job.
A few suggestions on how to raise funds would be a good start for members here. Anyone got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 5:25 am

Fair play to you Baba........ Surprised I see on the official website that you have donated a brass chandelier and brass fire fender for the all county Monster Auction.....or are we lucky enough to have 2 Baba O' Reily's in the county...... affraid  Wink Wink Del Boy would be proud of your donation... tongue tongue lol! lol! lol!......only joking......
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 6:22 am

I asked you earlier not to revert to your default argument but you just couldn't help yourself, are you not able to engage in a debate ??

The opportunity for change has passed, you hadn't the balls to get on board as its much easier to hurl from the ditch. Going by your attitude on here I doubt you could get someone to nominate you anyway, but then again Taibi might do it, he appears to be your soul mate, you know what they say, birds of a feather flock together

PS
Apologies boys if the above is not grammatically correct and coherent enough for you, I would hate to again offend your undoubted superior knowledge of the English language, but on second thoughts you obviously got the point of the post, your childish replies indicates that

Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:17 am

Good to see you still rocking the smilies overthebar. I always take a poster seriously when they have more smilies than words.

As for you ballyboy asking not to revert to the default argument is a little strange. I'm arguing that point why would I argue something different.
You are really scrambling around if you are clinging to the old "but you had a chance to change things at congress" line. Sure I might as well say you have no right discussing the Kildare management or players because you didn't make it onto the panel. In other words laughable.

Listen I'll try and make it as easy for you as possible. The current county board have been in place over the last number of years where Kildare stagnated then declined financially while lurching from one disaster to another off the pitch. Now they have so poisoned their relationship with club kildare it's on the brink of disbanding. Yet not one of them has thought they are not up to the job and done the decent thing and resign. Meaning nothing is going to change. I can't make it simpler than that.
I even tried keeping the words nice and short as much as I could, but alas it will fall on deaf ears as you can't see past your CB cheerleadeing.
Oh as for not having the balls as you so eloquently put it, they don't get any complaints down your way if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:09 pm

In fairness Baba as a county, much like countries get the politicians they deserve, counties get the county board officers they deserve, we all had means and opportunity to make changes over the last few weeks/months and nobody put forward any changes. We are now stuck with the same officers due to our own apathy or inability to find a better candidate who was willing to run.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Agree with that topcat apathy has set in big time. However as I have tried to point out there were no resignations which would automatically bring in new blood. If you are not up to the job which is obvious of certain people on the board then you should accept it and step aside and let a new person have a go. Nobody does that in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:20 am

I would have thought some members of the executive would themselves have sought out a new treasurer given that martin Whyte voted against their wishes over McGeeney, all must have been forgiven since! Have any of the officers served their 5 year term yet? And given John McMahon was elected by EGM rather than at convention when will his 5 year term be deemed to be up?
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 am

Good man Baba, at last you are attempting to engage, pity about you last line it obviously refers to some obscure event that has meaning to you, for the life of me I don't know what that could be.

Would it be possible for you to list all your complaints and grievances from 1-20 starting with your biggest gripe, the reason I request this is that you are inclined to move the goal posts (example: before convention you wanted them all sacked, after convention you want them all to resign)and use broad brush strokes when things are not going your way. I'd be more than happy to engage with you and if you argument is strong enough you may be able to sway me, unlike yourself I would be opened minded.

As for the charge of being a CB cheerleader, guilty, but then again I would be inclined to lend my support any democratically elected executive that I though were trying to do the right thing

Did it ever occur to you that you might be wrong and that all those people at convention might be right, the reason I suggest this is that you appear to be a minority voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 am

Id agree people voted against the chairman recommendations therefore they should have resigned.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 9:39 am

Resign or sacked I don't care either way they should be removed. Their track records are abysmal.
Since you have admitted being a CB cheerleader then it's obvious that your outlook is tainted and cannot be taken seriously.
As for not being right, the evidence is there to see for anyone with an open mind. The finances are in tatters, the County ground is in tatters, the relationship with club Kildare is in tatters and the off field performance over the last number of years has been nothing short of embarrassing. Now you can ignore or spin it all you want but it won't change my or a hell of a lot of other peoples opinions.
Keep waving those pompoms like a good chap, the CB are proud of your efforts.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:06 am

But Baba

There were no other candidates for the jobs

So are u proposing that there be no Treasurer ???????????????

Your logic is in tatters

U or ur club did not put forward alternatives, convention is over so get over it AND PLAN FOR CONVENTION 2014.

Go to ur club meeting and propose a candidate ( The incumbent will have done 5 years then so the job will be up for grabs)
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:00 am

another whinge , baba by name and baba by nature . Dont remember anywhere sayin i was a fan of the county board but im not gonna give out about them . The way i see it , if you think you can do any better put your name forward . .So baba do us all a favour , put up or shutup
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:53 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
Resign or sacked I don't care either way they should be removed. Their track records are abysmal.
Since you have admitted being a CB cheerleader then it's obvious that your outlook is tainted and cannot be taken seriously.
As for not being right, the evidence is there to see for anyone with an open mind. The finances are in tatters, the County ground is in tatters, the relationship with club Kildare is in tatters and the off field performance over the last number of years has been nothing short of embarrassing. Now you can ignore or spin it all you want but it won't change my or a hell of a lot of other peoples opinions.
Keep waving those pompoms like a good chap, the CB are proud of your efforts.
Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 am

It's hard Taibi but some of them need educating.

kelf is it so hard to comprehend the idea that if some one resigns some one else steps in. Basically what you are saying is that because no one ran against them then no matter how bad a job they are doing they should continue.
It should not be needed to oust some one doing a poor job. They must realise it themselves and step aside, thus allowing the commencement to find a suitable replacement. The only thing that comes to mind is that they put their own interests before that of the county. As for no treasurer what difference foes it make for a couple of weeks until another is found. Plus the way the finances are maybe not having one is better than the current state of play. A great deal our financial issues have built up during his five year term.
But since you are a member of the Offaly supporters club and therefore would not have Kildare's best interest at heart its hard for me to take your concerns seriously.

Ah lollypop back for more are you. Are insults the height of your intelligence. I love your apathy. "Sure I'm not going to give out because I can't be arsed to make an effort." Is it any wonder we are in the state we are with your level of standards.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:22 am

Baba

Someone cant step in  and its up to the clubs to find the replacements.

They have to be nominated by a club

I'm saying that a person cant always be got rid off if there is nobody with the guts to stand against them

Can you point to a single word in my post that in any way supports your current enemies ?

I see you again don't have  any comments on the surplus of €177,000 and would apparently prefer having no treasurer and no income & so a deficit of over a million- yea logic

What has my membership of Club Faithful got to do with this debate--- nothing except you don't have a real reply to LOGIC.

Have you yet attended a meeting of your club and raised the issue there ?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:41 am

So what you are saying is that if some officer resigns no replacement can be appointed. Is that what you are saying kelf, is that really what you are saying.

Here it is simply. Not doing the job to a certain acceptable standard, resign. No need to finish your five years. Allow a replacement to be found. No one wants to do the decent thing. To many thinking of their own interests.
Here's a comment on the €177,000 surplus. Three quartets of that came from moving two games to Croke Park not from some master plan. €20,000 came from a bucket collection. Either hardly make a dent in the €800,000 that we need.

Oh and they are not my enemies. Only a child thinks like that. They are not doing the job for my County to the standard required and therefore should step aside. Nothing more or less.
It's amazing so many here just shrug their shoulders like lollypop and just let them do whatever they want. I understand now why not one vote was taken. As topcat said well. Apathy had well and truly set in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: county convention 2013   county convention 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

county convention 2013
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2