Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

County COnvention

Go down 
+21
Stonecold
rgb
kildarecat
Bad News Baba
SamMaguire
tomcruise
Jimmy winning matches
the big cal
peile
Son of Sarsfields
SeeTheStars
walsheman
Admin
mrblobby
bloodsub
Yellow Pearl
steviegenius
losthope
Fear An Geata
Ogie
Mooreman
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 pm

I hear the runners and riders have been declared for COnvention this year. I'm really surprised to hear there's only 2 positions being contested. Caching Officer Pat Dunney has served his 5 years. His position to be contested by his son Alan and John McCarthy.
And would you believe..........John Holden has decided to go for County PRO AGAIN!!!!

Having already been beaten for this position 7 times, does the guy not get the hint??
Newbridgefan has the neck to come on here and slag our officers, he should take a look closer to home.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 pm

The problem with the PRO position is that John Holden has been brought back into the fold by Padraig Ashe, who had him as PRO with Bord na nÓg... he has all but been laid on for the job even though there's supposed to be a vote and there is a PRO there at the moment.... it will not be good news if he gets it but I think he will this time.
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Ah com on.........surely the clubs wouldnt be that stupid?

Why would Ashe be laying a job that is already being done by somebody, on for him? Would he not be better off concentrating on more important matters, and allow each elected officer to do his or her own job?

I'd be very worried if somebody like him were to get a position on our Countyboard.

He is BAD NEWS
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Alan is Charlie Dunney's son, not Pat's.

Holden may well have been PRO for Board na nOg when Ashe was the Chairman but Mary Donnelly was the Bord na nOg secretary at that time too.

I heard TMH have a motion looking to start the Senior league a month later than usual because of the gap between the end of the League and the resumption of the Championship this year. That would leave it until mid-April until there was any meaningful football being played. Can't see this being a runner.

Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:39 pm

TMH motion has some merit, better to be playing football in the summer months than in the muck and sh-t in March
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Why have TMH a motion when to start the senior league a month later they are junior also the championship started in the middle of April this year and will probably be the same again next year most teams will want to have a few leagues games under there belt before the championship starts so I cant see this as a runner. I say instead of playing league game every week say after 3 games have a two week break then play another 3 games etc and if there is a game called off they can fix it for the week off.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:29 pm

I would be very surprised if ther eis no competition for some of the other positions. Especially the ASS. Chairman. Fixtures were a massive failure this year, another year of that couldnt and shouldnt be tolerated.

I would imagine John McCarthy will walk the vote for Development officer. No real contest in that one.

As for TMH proposing a motion. I dont think it should matter what status the club is, if they have an idea which could improve matters in the county, well it should be looked and and adopted if suitable. Are you suggeting Stevigenius that only senior clubs should be allowed decide how things are run in this county?
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:37 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Why have TMH a motion when to start the senior league a month later they are junior

What has that got to do with anything?
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:05 pm

steviegenius wrote: "Why have TMH a motion when to start the senior league?"

Because they play in it stevie'not so'genius
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Newbridgefan this is a warning.

No more personal abuse towards players or officials. Everyone of these are amatuers or Volunteers.
I have made some cosmetic changes to your last post, it can't happen again.

Mooreman please be careful in the way your going with this thread and what you say.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Mooreman, did you ever find out what John Fogarty dressed up as for Halloween?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:09 am

A Clown Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:59 pm

walsheman wrote:
A Clown Very Happy

What an appropriate comparison!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm not going to comment on the PRO's position other than to say that whatever about there being a change - and the chairman has made it clear to the incumbent that he wants a change from what I heard - I would not be in favour of that particular change for a whole lotta reasons. And I'll certainly be making that point to my delegates.

And while the Fixtures boss may be a volunteer and an amateur, that doesn't preclude him from criticism and doesn't mean he should do things in an amateurish way. Everyone involved this year knows the fixtures were a mess, there were no league tables. He wasn't able for the job. So if someone isn't able for the job you have to replace him. Of course, someone has to stand against him first and then the delegates have to vote. If there is a competition, I will be making my opinion known on that position too but it'll be a short conversation because anyone at the coalface knows the score there.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:12 pm

I see the position of Development Officer is also being contested; Colm Farrell has been nominated to stand against Con Ronan.
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:42 pm

What's the story with Holden. Without getting personal why would he not be a good fit for the job-I don't know the man, just seen a lot of comments here.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Admin wrote:
Newbridgefan this is a warning.

No more personal abuse towards players or officials. Everyone of these are amatuers or Volunteers.
I have made some cosmetic changes to your last post, it can't happen again.

Mooreman please be careful in the way your going with this thread and what you say.

Ah ffs admin what are ya like?! Sure we may aswell just go sign up to the 'official forum' with that attitude.
I speak about somebody who is widely known to be a bad egg running for county board, and you give me an "OFFICIAL WARNING".
I speak about players who at times, are filthy on the the pitch. And I get an "OFFICIAL WARNING".

If thats the way this forum is going, perhaps its time to leave.
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:50 am

Newbridgefan, I have to agree with admin. You have engaged on a personal attack on one individual on several occasions. It is only your opinion that he is a "bad egg". A significant number of other Sarsfield's club members disagreed with your assumption at the last AGM and elected him as secretary of the club
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 pm

County COnvention Attachment
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Jaysus admin, uncanny resemblence....only for your hair colour !!!!
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:27 pm

Son of Sarsfields wrote:
Newbridgefan, I have to agree with admin. You have engaged on a personal attack on one individual on several occasions. It is only your opinion that he is a "bad egg". A significant number of other Sarsfield's club members disagreed with your assumption at the last AGM and elected him as secretary of the club

Hmmmmmmmm a significant amount of hand pcked and hand delivered you mean. I can only assume you were one of those junior footballers! But thats fine, lets see how he fairs out at this years AGM.
Back to top Go down
the big cal
Intermediate
Intermediate

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:52 am

The way that Kildare GAA and the administration of it has taken a turn for the worst cannot be underestimated. I have it from the horses mouth, so to speak, that certain high calibre candidates would never let their names go forward for two reasons : unble to work with current incumbent and unwilling to be connected to the regime.
Previous posters are correct - shambles.. Fixtures a mess.... chairman talking down to people...micromanagment at its worst. I know we can only vote for whats in front of you and should not criticise those who give freely of their time... but hey we are the ones who pay the ticket money, sell club kildare etc.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Mooreman wrote:
I hear the runners and riders have been declared for COnvention this year. I'm really surprised to hear there's only 2 positions being contested. Caching Officer Pat Dunney has served his 5 years. His position to be contested by his son Alan and John McCarthy.
And would you believe..........John Holden has decided to go for County PRO AGAIN!!!!

Having already been beaten for this position 7 times, does the guy not get the hint??
Newbridgefan has the neck to come on here and slag our officers, he should take a look closer to home.

lol!
heard alan dunney got coaching officer
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:48 am

Was amazed to hear Alan Dunney got in, did he win a vote against John McCarthy or what?
ON a positive note, Im delighted Mary Donnelly is still county PRO. The challenege by the Holden/Ashe camp never materialised, perhaps now, each officer will be allowed do their own jobs without interference from 'above'.

I didnt attend convention, did Aldridge give his usual cermon during the meeting?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:49 pm

I have been away from this forum for a while and note on my return that the Newbridge bitching continues ( poor John Holden whoever he is )

It's Christmas lads santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

County COnvention Empty
PostSubject: Re: County COnvention   County COnvention Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County COnvention
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next