Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare v mayo

Go down 
+14
B'side blues
shoutitout
topcat
Dido
overthebar
Ogie
bloodsub
Gaa1928
losthope
SeamusMurphy
murof
jimmers
Bad News Baba
Jimmy winning matches
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:31 am

there are talks ongoing to move it to croker along with dublin match
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 am

Get to f*ck right now. That would be the straw that broke the camel back for me.
Our default position at the moment seems to be bent over holding our ankles.

Are our CB for real. Yesterday the secretary is whinging about Dublin and it's sponsorship. Today it seems we are actually helping them by playing in one of their borefest spring series games.

They all need replacing as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:15 am

Agree completely Baba. Whatever we might get out of it you can bet Dublin will get far more. All we're doing is helping to widen the financial gap between us.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 am

Did we get all the money we were promised for playing in Croker last year? Looks like we are regarded as the perennial curtain raiser for our celebrity neighbours.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:25 am

Are We not now in the position that Croke Park calls the shots ( ala the IMF & our Government)..?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:29 am

They must have read my post and felt the pressure. According to Tommy Callaghan no agreement could be found so we actually can play a home game at home.

What annoys me is they were willing once again to facilitate Dublin at the expense of the Kildare supporter. Hard to trust them anymore. The good of Kildare GAA seems secondary to them.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:03 am

Going by what I've seen in the financial reports Seamus its more about the gate receipts, if its not going to be a paying proposition well then we play in Newbridge.

Baba do you ever have anything good to say ??
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:15 am

What's good about giving up home advantage in a game for the third year running.  You are living in a dream world ballyboy. The County is in the mire and sinking but you can't see it.

There us not one person I spoke to wanted it moved. It's about time the genuine supporters were thought of before they abandon it for good.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:58 am

If this game is moved to Croke Park that will be me finished with both club and county after over 40 years supporting and being active with both, enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:58 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
If this game is moved to Croke Park that will be me finished with both club and county after over 40 years supporting and being active with both, enough is enough.

Why would you be finished with your club?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:21 am

It would be a killer the finish with my club but I would be finished with the Gaa 'full stop'.  We just seem to be getting a raw deal here in Kildare as regards playing in Croke Park and while I distest the lack of facilities in St.Conleths Park ' home is home'.

I am now hearing people talking about what a bonus it would be for some of our newer county players to get a game in Croke park prior to the championship in the summer which really annoys me.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:41 am

I didn't go to the league games in Croke Park last time and I wont this time either. However I will gladly cram into Conleths and enjoy a proper atmosphere with a full crowd in our home pitch. It will bring back memories of the great days in the 90's under Micko!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 am

What about the Players, where would they rather play ?.. Maybe Im wrong but id say Croker.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:29 am

Ah Seamus, there will be a max of 20 players able to play but what about the approx 12/15,000 supporters and indeed the local businesses in the area and the expense of traveling to Croke Park for another 'Home' game. Why don't we just move the Kildare Senior team up to Dublin and be done with it altogether.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:43 am

It was just a remark re: The Players, not n endorsement for us to play in Croker..
I woudnt say were allowed 12 / 15 K Supporters into Conleths now1928, would you ??.. What is the current allowed capacity for Conleths ?
I would travel (if need be) to Croker for Matches.. Its not ideal I know.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:57 am

I know Seamus, probably travel myself, it's just so frustrating that it always Kildare and the fact that the GAA are using our loyal supporters for their own agenda. The longer it is allowed to happen the longer nothing well be done with St.Conleths.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:11 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I know Seamus, probably travel myself, it's just so frustrating that it always Kildare and the fact that the GAA are using our loyal supporters for their own agenda.   The longer it is allowed to happen the longer nothing well be done with St.Conleths.
That's actually not true at all. Whatever supporters' feelings of principle, it is actually this process, the switching of two games last year, that gave Kildare the €110,000 - on top of the €40,000 they would normally be getting if the games were on in Newbridge - that was used to bring about the improvements that improved the capacity by a few thousand and enabled Kildare to have two home championship games last year.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:50 am

Certainly made sense then Ogie.. and One would wonder with the current capacity (not sure what it is), how long can we continue to cater for big League & Championship Inter County Home Matches ..
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 am

I fully respect your valid points but as a person who attended St.Conleths Park on at least 12 occasions this year, before and after 'the ground improvements' I would love to see were the €150k was spent.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:10 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I fully respect your valid points but as a person who attended St.Conleths Park on at least 12 occasions this year, before and after 'the ground improvements' I would love to see were the €150k was spent.
On the toilets and the dressing rooms and the  Embarassed pale 
I would also love to know how the capacity came to be increased ?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 am

Capacity has been increased to around 10,000 or there abouts for National League games 2014. This has come about with upgrading of the barriers on terrace standing area on barracks side of grounds and toilets there also have had work done in this area to meet Health and Safety standards. More work will be done to the barriers on the town end terrace area. Also there is plans to upgrade the turnstiles and put more of these on entrance wall either side of main gates. There will be a ticket office also installed in the middle section of the front wall for patrons to buy match day tickets for big games. All of this will help to bring Conleths Park up a few notches in terms health and safety and along with more work planned down the line in 2014, we can hope to see some improvement in the year ahead.....
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:12 am

That's good news but I hope they do something with the dressing rooms. When there are 2 games on the idea of having subs and officials having to stand outside the dressing room is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 am

overthebar wrote:
Capacity has been increased to around 10,000 or there abouts for National League games 2014. This has come about with upgrading of the barriers on terrace standing area on barracks side of grounds and toilets there also have had work done in this area to meet Health and Safety standards. More work will be done to the barriers on the town end terrace area. Also there is plans to upgrade the turnstiles and put more of these on entrance wall either side of main gates. There will be a ticket office also installed in the middle section of the front wall for patrons to buy match day tickets for big games. All of this will help to bring Conleths Park up a few notches in terms health and safety and along with more work planned down the line in 2014, we can hope to see some improvement in the year ahead.....
It would be better to upgrade the dressing rooms and showers first, they are an absolute disgrace.
You cannot fit one team in them there is more room in my sitting room.
Is there no one down there that has a bit of brains...The dressing rooms are the first thing that should be addressed,it wouldn't take alot to extend them to the back...
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 am

Very true dido..... the dressing rooms are of poor standard and way to small for the modern panel of players.....but the state of the dressing rooms has little to do with health and safety regulations in terms of capacity..... I would hope that dressing issue will be addressed in the near future.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:19 am

Good to hear of the plans to upgrade conleths further. We are after missing out on last two Leinster club finals due to the state of the place. Vins will have to drive past Newbridge on Sunday to get to Tullamore!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

kildare v mayo Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare v mayo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next