Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare v mayo

Go down 
+14
B'side blues
shoutitout
topcat
Dido
overthebar
Ogie
bloodsub
Gaa1928
losthope
SeamusMurphy
murof
jimmers
Bad News Baba
Jimmy winning matches
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

kildare v mayo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Often wondered why the area over at the score board can not be used for new dressing rooms. Yes I know it would cost some money but a building to hold two proper dressing rooms and wash facilities along with a room for the ref could not cost that much.

Back to top Go down
B'side blues
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 am

The players got experience the last couple of years playing league there.What happened? esp last year? Lets play at home and let Dublin travel down to play us intead of everyone in GAA bending over backwards to accomodate the golden boys from Dublin as usual.If we play our home games at home we could give the league a good rattle
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am

Maybe Im being stupid here, but how can upgrading the barriers increase the capacity ?, It looks to me that there are more barriers on the terrace side than before?.. Its not like we added a new tier to the stand.. Top idea shoutitout re: the dressing rooms over at the scoreboard..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Seamus I presume the more barriers you have the bigger the crowd you are allowed to accommodate on the terrace. We don't have a capacity constraint as such - we all saw there was plenty if room left over at last year's matches. The limitation is in how many can be safely accommodated.

B'side Blues there's no question of Dublin coming to play us in Newbridge as they were drawn at home to us. It's only the Mayo one that's being talked about in relation to a move - although I've seen no real talk I that in the papers and the Master Fixture list shows it on the Sunday afternoon in Newbridge (unless I've missed something)

Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:01 am

Lads the barriers on barracks side had to be re-aligned, fitted to proper height and new step ways marked out to regulation standards....
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:46 am

As far as I know there is a planning issue regarding the area around the score board and that is also why the terrace does not go down that far. Something to do with the residents I think but that's open to correction.

Seamus some of the reg's regarding health and safety can be extremely pedantic but have to be adhered to none the less
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:00 am

topcat wrote:
Good to hear of the plans to upgrade conleths further. We are after missing out on last two Leinster club finals due to the state of the place. Vins will have to drive past Newbridge on Sunday to get to Tullamore!!

I assume this is to do with the sub standard Venue TC, rather than the Capacity ?, as there was hardly more than 10k Supporters in Tullamore Yesterday ?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:44 am

As a matter of interest does anyone know the current
-Capacity of Newbridge?
-Capacity of Stand side?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 am

overthebar wrote:
Capacity has been increased to around 10,000 or there abouts for National League games 2014. This has come about with upgrading of the barriers on terrace standing area on barracks side of grounds and toilets there also have had work done in this area to meet Health and Safety standards. More work will be done to the barriers on the town end terrace area. Also there is plans to upgrade the turnstiles and put more of these on entrance wall either side of main gates. There will be a ticket office also installed in the middle section of the front wall for patrons to buy match day tickets for big games. All of this will help to bring Conleths Park up a few notches in terms health and safety and along with more work planned down the line in 2014, we can hope to see some improvement in the year ahead.....

Can I quote myself...........or is it repeating myself...... scratch scratch 
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:44 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
topcat wrote:
Good to hear of the plans to upgrade conleths further. We are after missing out on last two Leinster club finals due to the state of the place. Vins will have to drive past Newbridge on Sunday to get to Tullamore!!

I assume this is to do with the sub standard Venue TC, rather than the Capacity ?, as there was hardly more than 10k Supporters in Tullamore Yesterday ?

Would like to think it's a reward for Offaly's efforts. Tullamore is a brilliant and modern facility, one of best in country after massive fundraising and more to come I believe with second tear on far side of pitch in pipeline. No amount of barriers of anything else would make Newbridge a more worthy ground for a club final than Tullamore for fans, players, media or anythng. Leagues apart.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:42 am

To true TK....... top notch venue Tullamore is, pity its the biffos that have it.....  Wink  Wink  sure we can only hope and pray  Sad  Sad ......some day.....  Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:30 am

Might be a top notch venue but it certainly didn't inspire Kildare on 2 occasions this year did it?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 am

It certainly did not Murof! The last great day we had there, (apart from minor v offaly 2010) was the day we took the queens down in '09. What a f***in day!! cheers 
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:30 pm

There are no doubts that Tullamore, along with Portlaoise are exellent Venues, and something that our Neighbours have, that we can only dream of having some Day..
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:42 am

Thanks Over the Bar, had read the 10k capacity was wondering what was the split between stand side and the terracing area for interest purposes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v mayo   kildare v mayo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare v mayo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2