Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mayo V Kildare

Go down 
+43
intheback
OutTheGap
Cilldara_2000
reichenhall
jj
jemser
spot on
kildaregaa365
rob11
Ogie
TommyKeegan
lilywhites on tour
murof
shoutitout
jim
Ohtoohtobe
Kildare98
jimmers
Botch
if_in_doubt
Onhisboot
lilysavage
Big Full Back
tomoneillandhissisteranne
moatesports
johnsmyth
Fear An Geata
flourman
Xavi
Gaa1928
Lily8
Rex
Taibi
Shergar
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
kickingking
ixus
SeamusMurphy
Caprea
inexile
KILL BILL
MD
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Probably the least favored job but it is what it is! Going to be tough but have nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 6:50 pm

It's the worst possible draw, yuk
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:05 pm

KILL BILL wrote:
It's the worst possible draw, yuk

Ah! I don't think so. If we feel we are a genuine D2 team we should be well up for this. Mayo aren't going as well as was expected at the start of the year and I think are there for the taking. I'm looking forward to it anyways. Wasn't Cian O'Neill coach to Mayo? He should have a good insight into their strengths and weaknesses
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:12 pm

PP have the handicap at 5, more confident than I would be.

The good news going on the fermanagh game is that mayo dont seem to have found many stars since last year. The bad news is the existing stars they have like Keegan, Boyle, AoS, the O'connors and Higgins are better than practically everything we have.

Will SoS Tom Parsons & the younger O'shea be back for this?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Definitely the worst draw.. Mayo 3rd match in a row in mchale park, and still fancied by some to be in the shake up for SAM.
Cian must be tearing his hair out.. galway and fermanagh have shown how mayo struggle against the blanket defence, when it's done properly of course... if he goes toe to toe it will be a shootout that will be difficult to win.
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:35 pm

I'd argue it's the best time to play Mayo. We are in a better place psychologically after that win and Mayo still have lots of questions to ask of themselves. They are not firing at all this year. Easier to stomach a loss to Mayo than any of the other teams, bar Cork maybe.

There are plenty of areas to target.

Keeper's kickouts have been poor.

Kevin McLaughlin being used as the sweeper. I think most pundits are missing that he is not being employed as a traditional sweeper. Donal Vaughan could be used for that. Mayo are using him to launch their counter attacks. Man mark him.

Aidan O'Shea is going to get a black card in his next game after the dive and Sunday Game highlighting he should have been sent off. That's against us. Target him, run at him with posession, draw the foul.

Cillian O'Connor and Lee keegan are not firing at all. Lets keep it this way.

The Kildare players can be shown two blueprints on how to defend against Mayo and know that Mayo will give you a chance in attack.

We've got to look at the positives and go out and give it a lash.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:50 pm

We've nothing to lose; a bit like the Cork game last year.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 7:52 pm

I'm assuming that the match will be Saturday.. double header ?.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:04 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I'm assuming that the match will be Saturday.. double header  ?.
gate money is major problen , Connacht council gets all money in connacht , Croke park get money from all Ireland matches
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Don't be surprised if it played the following weekend the 23rd, it won't be a double header, what they could do is play our game at 2 and Connaught final at 7, that is something our county board would do to ensure the gate money!
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:15 pm

fone wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
I'm assuming that the match will be Saturday.. double header  ?.
gate money is major problen , Connacht council gets all money in connacht , Croke park get money from all Ireland matches

Forgot about the money angle. With the connacht final replay on Saturday, we'll probably play on Sunday so.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:17 pm

Minors on Sunday
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Not a great draw but going on their performance on Saturday against Fermanagh, you wouldn't be running scared of them.

Don't ever remember playing Mayo in the championship, must be a while ago. Any of the old fogies know?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:33 pm

With the senior league matches now moved till the Wednesday the CB are obviously expecting the match to be on Saturday.
Double header with our match on sky.
Mchale park has a capacity of 38 k.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Horrible that it is an away draw. Would not have bothered me playing them in Newbridge but as McQuillan showed on Saturday playing away has huge disadvantages.

Obviously they are expected to be far better than us and knowing Mayo supporters they are already looking at round 4 but they have a look of a busted flush about them. A lot of miles on the clock but as far away from an All Ireland as ever.

What have we got to loose, play with the same aggression and passion as Saturday and give them what for. If I was Hyland I would be in the refs ear from the throw in complaining about O'Shea. He is a hot topic and no harm reminding the ref as much as possible.

Just give it everything and see if they are up for it because as I said those lads are definitely looking at the next if not two rounds.

And for the love of God do not inflict another double header on us. Above anything don't do this.

Last edited by Rex on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:46 pm

The fixture situation is such a mess. Castlebar would struggle to hold the double header and I couldn't see it happening when the gate money would have to be split between Connacht GAA and Croke Park. Its too messy. Was a bit stupid that they announced Castlebar as the venue for the Connacht replay knowing there was a strong possibility Mayo would need it themselves next Saturday.

I'd imagine if it's not put off for a week they'll be two standalone fixtures in McHale Park. Us at 2pm and Galway v Roscommon at 7pm. It's some headache for the CCCC anyway.

@Taibi we've only played Mayo once before in the championship, back in 1935 according to Ger McNally's tweets.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 pm

On a side note it would be quite funny if Chris Healy was marked by Lee Keegan at any time in this game since they are doppelgangers.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Connacht final has been moved to Sunday so looks like it's a standalone fixture for us in Castlebar on Saturday night
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:07 pm

I see Sky Sports 5 have a live game from the 3B qualifiers scheduled for 7.00 p.m. next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:43 pm

7pm in Castlebar on Saturday.

O'Neill will know a lot about Mayo but in saying that on all known form it should be a formality.

Would really have relished them at home, the atmosphere would have been electric if nothing else.
We've beaten them in our last 2 league encounters home and away and whilst we've nothing to lose I cannot see us getting a result. However stranger things have happened already with Longford beating Monaghan and Tipp beating Cork. We must draw from this and realise it's not impossible.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Year of the underdog and we love being underdogs.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 12:09 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
I see Sky Sports 5  have a live game from the 3B qualifiers scheduled for 7.00 p.m. next Saturday.

Confirmed for Sky Sports 5 on Saturday at 7.00 p.m.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:01 am

Rex wrote:
Year of the underdog and we love being underdogs.

Mayo 1/8.
Kildare 11/2
Draw 14/1.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:22 am

those odds are fair enough ..
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:53 am

Taibi wrote:
Not a great draw but going on their performance on Saturday against Fermanagh, you wouldn't be running scared of them.

Don't ever remember playing Mayo in the championship, must be a while ago. Any of the old fogies know?

http://www.the42.ie/kildare-mayo-1935-2872490-Jul2016/?utm_source=shortlink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mayo V Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayo V Kildare
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next