Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mayo V Kildare

Go down 
+43
intheback
OutTheGap
Cilldara_2000
reichenhall
jj
jemser
spot on
kildaregaa365
rob11
Ogie
TommyKeegan
lilywhites on tour
murof
shoutitout
jim
Ohtoohtobe
Kildare98
jimmers
Botch
if_in_doubt
Onhisboot
lilysavage
Big Full Back
tomoneillandhissisteranne
moatesports
johnsmyth
Fear An Geata
flourman
Xavi
Gaa1928
Lily8
Rex
Taibi
Shergar
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
kickingking
ixus
SeamusMurphy
Caprea
inexile
KILL BILL
MD
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 8:11 pm

In fairness, the original point is a reasonable one, would it not have made more sense to go down the night before as well and rest up for the day. If the fixture was reversed I can't imagine Mayo travelling down the day of the game. Stay Saturday night in Castlebar if they want, the county board had no overnight stays to pay for during the league so its not like there isn't a few quid to spare. The team was run on a shoestring budget all year.

Its a question of mentality.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Couldn't they have stayed over on the Friday and Saturday nights.

Just looking at your list again crofter on who could or should be brought in.. I wouldn't like to be telling some of them that they can't have a pint from October until August.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 9:28 pm

I don't think it's a straightforward call whether to travel on the day or the night before especially when it's a 7 o'clock throw in. If you do travel the day before there's an awful lot of time to kill before the game.

I remember Peter McConnon being interviewed after Kildare had lost an u21 semi final to Mayo in Salthill. He said he regretted going up the day before and felt it was the reason why the team were flat and didn't perform. If he could do it again he said they'd travel up early on the day and stop somewhere around half way for a meal and a kick around.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Lads it not simply a case of just picking the best night to stay in Mayo and the work with that.

It was next to impossible to get accommodation in Castlebar or Westport, over the weekend. The draw was made 6 days beforehand and even then there was a couple of hours before the day and time were finalised. You're looking at booking 30+ people in for a night on one of the busiest weekends of the year in Westport. It's possible the hotel was booked before the match details were finalised - 't could be Saturday or Sunday, lets just get book it for Saturday to save any last minute hassle'

Not everybody works Monday to Friday 9-5 but I'd imagine there's a number of lads on the team who do. Finishing work at 5 or 6, getting home for 7 or later and then getting straight onto a bus and arriving in Mayo close to midnight wouldn't exactly be the best way to prepare the body the day before a game.

Go down on the Saturday early, get a decent breakfast, arrive down early and have a bit of a preparation session followed by lunch and you're in a better position I'd say.

A number of the Mayo team were out on Saturday night as well so don't see why that would be an issue with a 2 week break to come.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Jesus this is getting some airtime !! mustn't be much more happening !!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 12:56 am

micky murphy wrote:
Jesus this is getting some airtime !! mustn't be much more happening !!

I agree. I'm sorry i posted at all
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 3:19 am

You're entitled to your opinion jim.

i i d point about hotel availability is correct, I believe that tipp struggled to get a hotel in cavan for Friday night.

Anyway time to move on.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 3:58 am

It would appear that Mr. McStay doesn't have all the answers after all. Mayo county board appear to have known better also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Roscommon star burned out too soon! Themselves and Cavan are having trouble bringing their recent underage success through into consistent performances at senior level. Before throwing stones we better make sure our glass house is in order!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayo V Kildare
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10