Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mayo V Kildare

Go down 
+43
intheback
OutTheGap
Cilldara_2000
reichenhall
jj
jemser
spot on
kildaregaa365
rob11
Ogie
TommyKeegan
lilywhites on tour
murof
shoutitout
jim
Ohtoohtobe
Kildare98
jimmers
Botch
if_in_doubt
Onhisboot
lilysavage
Big Full Back
tomoneillandhissisteranne
moatesports
johnsmyth
Fear An Geata
flourman
Xavi
Gaa1928
Lily8
Rex
Taibi
Shergar
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
kickingking
ixus
SeamusMurphy
Caprea
inexile
KILL BILL
MD
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 7:33 pm

Anyone else find it strange that the team stayed in Mayo Saturday night after the game?
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 7:39 pm

I expect they were planning for recovery. Proper post match meal, proper nights sleep with recovery session in the morning. Heading back to Kildare post hame would have made this impossible. They lost the game though so deserved a blow out after putting their lives on hold.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Yea that's a fair point Dinny. I just tought it was strange not to go up the Friday night instead.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 10:38 pm

They'd have had a lot of time to kill before a 7 o'clock throw in had they traveled up the night before.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 1:39 am

kickingking wrote:
They'd have had a lot of time to kill before a 7 o'clock throw in had they traveled up the night before.
So instead they killed in sitting on a bus.

I just wonder when they backed their bags did they pack their going out for a few pints gear because that to me shows they were half expecting to be beaten or else they went to the nightclub in their tracksuit and runners.

Ps I'm not for one minute suggesting that they shouldn't go on the rip. It's important to have a blow out at the end of it all.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 8:22 am

Maybe it's time to give them a break go back to clubs re energise introduce a few new players keep building they a young squad
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Jaysus, there's not a knife long enough
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

I'm not having a go at the players. I just question the mentality of that decision. I thought this was a forum to discuss all matters re kildare football. Nothing got to do with putting the knife in Ogie
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:22 pm

It is Jim. I thought there was an explanation given for the decision.

Here's another mad thing - they might have had a pint even if they'd won. Imagine that!!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:01 pm

Yea it was explained why maybe they stayed down for recovery ect which is a good idea.My point has nothing got to do with have a pint. I personal dont have an issue with having a few pints win loose or draw. But i would see more of a benefit staying up the night before. Thats just me. My question or point is by packing a jeans and shirt would you be thinking well me might be beaten tonight. A small thing i know but just something i thought I'd bring up. I heard John Doyle talking after the game on kfm about being happy with the mentality ah sure we weren't hammered. That we need to change our mentality in Kildare, as county players as clubs as supporters. Anyway Ogie I want to assure you I certainly have no knife.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Ogie wrote:
Jaysus, there's not a knife long enough

Rubbish, I think Jim has a point. Traveling down in the day can't be as good as going down the night before. Bringing beer gear with you on the chance you could lose is wrong mentally. None of the leading teams would even consider it.

I doubt they would stay off the drink all year then right in the middle of a qualifier run decide now's the time. That to me makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 12:27 am

Jaysus with supporters like us you'd wonder would any young lad want to pull on a jersey.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 am

Crofter I'm not having a go at the players I will always support the team. But if i have an opinion or observation or a critism I surely am am entitled to make it on a forum. It not personal abuse of management or players. It's just an opinion by someone that is a passionate supporter ok kildare.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 12:45 am

If we had won there would have been a fortnight break until R4. A night out in those circumstances would have done no harm either.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 1:02 am

Kk you might be right . I dont agree but there you are.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 1:58 am

Jesus lads lock them up in a monastery guarded by ss types let them out on match day only no nail clippers allowed
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 2:06 am

Your missing my point but I'll say no more.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 2:29 am

jim wrote:
Crofter I'm not having a go at the players I will always support the team. But if i have an opinion or observation or a critism I surely am am entitled to make it on a forum. It not personal abuse of management or players. It's just an opinion by someone that is a passionate supporter ok kildare.

I'd like to be sure the bus was the correct kind of bus with seats suitable to athletic frames because, if it wasn't, then I suggest Cian O'Neill and his backroom team should do a Roy Keane and take a hike. bounce We can't be having that class of thing going on!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 5:14 am

jim wrote:

Of course and I'm guilty many times of criticising the whole lot of them. But I just think this sniping at every last act or decision by a group that at the end of the day are amateur sportsmen/managers has gone too far on social media. I was reacting more to that general attitude / theme than your specific point.

It's going to be a long 6 months before the O'B Cup
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 7:18 am

Crofter wrote:
jim wrote:

Of course and I'm guilty many times of criticising the whole lot of them. But I just think this sniping at every last act or decision by a group that at the end of the day are amateur sportsmen/managers has gone too far on social media. I was reacting more to that general attitude / theme than your specific point.

It's going to be a long 6 months before the O'B Cup

Well I definitely don't want to be seen as a keyboard warrior and I'm not sniping. I just said I'd make the point.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 9:24 am

Delighted to hear they had a few pints after the game . It's ridiculous that this culture of living like monks has become so commonplace in an amateur game where they train as hard as any professional sport.
If I knew I was staying the night in Mayo after the game and could have a few drinks it would certainly affect my mentality about the game. I would try even harder to win as there is no better feeling in the pub afterwards after you have won.
If we want all those talented underage players from the last few years to join up we have to show them that is time for fun and friendship involved as well as all the training.
Anyway I think we may have turned a corner and our manager will have learned a lot in his first year.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 am

Jim it's ok to ask the question but with a two-week break I don't think planning a night out shows the wrong mentality at all. You might have an argument if there was a six-day turnaround.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:40 pm

That's it now lads, we've stumbled on the big problem in Kildare GAA. It's not the lack of a Johnny Doyle type talismanic leader, it's not the inability to tackle, it's not poor tracking of runners, it's not a lack of supporting players when we're in possession, it's not the county board, it's not in the water, etc, it's the players bring a pair of jeans with them in their gear bags. Shocked
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
That's it now lads, we've stumbled on the big problem in Kildare GAA. It's not the lack of a Johnny Doyle type talismanic leader, it's not the inability to tackle, it's not poor tracking of runners, it's not a lack of supporting players when we're in possession, it's not the county board, it's not in the water, etc, it's the players bring a pair of jeans with them in their gear bags. Shocked

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:

Yea because that's what i said was the reason Mayo beat the shit out of us.....  or maybe just read my post again and see if you can get the point I was trying to make. Maybe even get a grown up to help you if your struggling with it. Good man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayo V Kildare   Mayo V Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayo V Kildare
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next