Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Club Managers

Go down 
+33
jimmers
bag of white
Admin
TommyKeegan
Moorefieldbhoy
Ogie
murof
BelieveToAchieve
cromabu2
leixlipgaa
lilysavage
jim
Big Full Back
lillyboy
Radley Park
Bigfullforward
Caprea
the young lad
Taibi
kelf
kickingking
micky murphy
topcat
rob11
Kildare Castle
Hereallweek
Jimmy winning matches
Dido
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
flourman
overthebar
Gaa1928
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:37 pm

murof wrote:
BelieveToAchieve wrote:
O'Brien would be a disaster.
Former IC manager would be a massive get. If he arrives Moorefield will have taken a huge step towards the 3 in a row!
Bet you didn't know McNulty was the former IC manager! Talk to a few people here in Laois to see what they think of him. O'Brien surely would be a better choice?

To be fair, McNulty and the Laois psyche/ego wouldn't be a great mix. Which is why I was amazed they tried so hard to get Geezer
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 1:36 am

I hear it will be J.McNulty.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:25 am

Miles out Topcat - O'Brien isnt being considered. And sorry to disaapoint you Mourof, I was well aware of McNulty's interest & meeting. I wouldnt care what Laois think of him. What former manager do they ever speak highly of? They even found it in them to belitttle Micko!!

McNulty is one option. There is a massive alternative. Some would say front page, top drawer. Time will tell how it plays out but one thing is evident. The calibre of candidates being sought for Moorefield is quite high.

Tell us Topcat. Has all the fighting & walkouts being cleared up with the Sarsfields seniors??
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 9:57 pm

I have no idea what you are referring to to be honest BTA, to the best of my knowledge all the lads are back on board and looking forward to 2015.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 11:29 pm

By sounds of it and with such a delay BTA, ye must be waiting on Jack to make up his mind.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:25 am

[quote="BelieveToAchieve"]Miles out Topcat - O'Brien isnt being considered. And sorry to disaapoint you Mourof, I was well aware of McNulty's interest & meeting. I wouldnt care what Laois think of him. What former manager do they ever speak highly of? They even found it in them to belitttle Micko!!

McNulty is one option. There is a massive alternative. Some would say front page, top drawer. Time will tell how it plays out but one thing is evident. The calibre of candidates being sought for Moorefield is quite high.

McNultys Job to turn down is the latest I have, But This comes at a price. So my question: is it worth it to maybe pay a outside manager a lot of money 15-20k a year to manage any Kildare club not only Moorefield.
My answer would be No under no circumstances as this amount of money would go along way in any club.

surely to god there are people in every club that would love to bring there own club to a County Championship or maybe this is why Moorefield are so successful as they seem to go for outside people to Manage them all the time.

This wouldn't inspire any of there own to take on the job so why would they say manage underage teams,Junior and senior b the whole way up in the knowledge that when its your chance to bring them on to senior level some outsider gets the clap on the Back for all your hard work to get them there.......Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:25 am

Dido, our most successful manager of all time was Seamus Dowling who managed us to win a Leinster....so you can think abit more before you type...
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 3:25 am

I find it amusing Topcat that you claim to know about Kevin O'Brien becoming manager of ur nemisis club whilst also claiming not to know about the in-fighting going on within ur own club.

Showing your ignorance there Dildo. Sos didnt get paid when he won championship and Leinster in the same year. The following year his successor had to be persuaded to take a nominal feel.

Dosent matter how inspired some of 'there own' are. The fact is, they're just not good enough to win a senior title. How much is Crofton getting paid to manage 'his own? How much have clubs like Clane, Towers, Kevin's etc paid 'they're own' to manage their senior teams?

Do you honestly believe winning a junior title or league entitles you to try win the SFC? What a stupid claim.

The fact is - its none of yours or anybody elses business what any individual club pays their managers.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 am

BTA it is not my fault if there are loose lips up in Moorefield. I agree with you that it is nobody's business how much a club pays an individual manager. It is strange however that as you said yourself, Moorefield achieved their greatest level of success with an "in house" manager that they have gone outside for each of the last 3 appointments and it looks like the next one will be a 4th outside manager.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 7:37 am

U seemed to forget to comment on ur in house chaos?? ha ha ha

Perhaps if you took the time to read my post again, you might see what I meant when I said clubs go outside because there is nobody good enough within.

Sos - at that time was ideal. He got the job, did the job and the rest is history. Right now, there is nobody in the club who can lead the senior team to the final part of the 3 in a row. Hence the reason Moorefield look to appoint an outside manager - in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:17 am

BTA I am not aware of any internal chaos so I can't comment on to what is purely idle speculation or people being mischievous. I am not 100% up to speed as to whether any Moorefield man wants the job of senior manager, plenty of them have had success as selectors with the outside managers recently. If as you say there are not good enough candidates within the club then any club would have to look outside. Sarsfields expierience of an outsider didn't exactly work out to say the least so my opinion on outside managers would not be overly high!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 11:23 pm

topcat wrote:
BTA it is not my fault if there are loose lips up in Moorefield. I agree with you that it is nobody's business how much a club pays an individual manager.

I'd suggest it's the revenue's business.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 am

Of course you would. Im sure ur sort would probably ring them to inform aswell. Thankfully most wrll run clubs have things organised properly to avoid bitter rivals from using such tactics.

Oh btw Topcat. Those 'loose lips' you refer to, are the same lips that told me about the troubles within your senior squad. The same senior squad which needed a meeting called to try resolve the issues. it seems ur esteemed manager has been told in no uncertain terms where to go, by those involved.

But then I wouldnt expect a Sarsfields supporter like yourself to know anything about Sarsfields. Sure its only ur nemisis club that you have info on. Get well soon young lad....
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:17 am

BTA----------------- why so bitter towards Sash

Is it not time to lose the chip from at least one shoulder..........................

Very surprising that Moors still have not appointed a Manager.....

Are their any other Senior Clubs still without a Manager ?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:06 am

Ha ha ha ha I have a chip? Its not me who claims to have no interest in GAA yet babbles on here as a supporter. Irefuse to comment on any of ur posts, you only whinge to admin when you read something you dont like. Stick to ur girly football.

They should have a manager in place, I guess the added pressure of 3 in a row can work in more way than one. Time will tell how this plays out...

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:42 pm

BTA

So u have a chip on each shoulder....................

Wear then well.............
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:19 pm

Rumour that J.McNulty will not be taking the Moorefield job.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:08 am

Ask my bollox Kelf
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:39 am

BTA you can take a break for a while to cool off.

Not only is that direct abuse, it's also childish.

kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:38 am

Sorry BTA lost the head.

I like a good "discussion" even a bit of banter.

I never claimed to be a KIldare GAA fan but will support Kildare after Offaly.

Heard Leixlip have a manager , one who has managed a few other clubs.

I wish him well as Leixlip have a lot of improving to do to catch up with the top 10 or so.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:13 pm

kelf wrote:

Sorry BTA lost the head.

I like a good "discussion" even a bit of banter.

I never claimed to be a KIldare GAA fan but will support Kildare after  Offaly.

Heard Leixlip have a manager , one who has managed a few other clubs.

I wish him well as Leixlip have a lot of improving to do to catch up with the top 10 or so.

Leo Turley is the new Leixlip manager. He's played with and been involved in managing teams in the club for the last 15 years.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:31 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Miles out Topcat - O'Brien isnt being considered. And sorry to disaapoint you Mourof, I was well aware of McNulty's interest & meeting. I wouldnt care what Laois think of him. What former manager do they ever speak highly of? They even found it in them to belitttle Micko!!

Tell us Topcat. Has all the fighting & walkouts being cleared up with the Sarsfields seniors??

Looks like it will be ' the massive alternative '
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 12:55 am

Go on...
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:00 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Go on...

Its obvious Moorefield are still have no manager and dont look like getting one.....
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:55 am

Oh how stupidly ignorant you are Dildo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Club Managers   Kildare Club Managers - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Club Managers
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next