Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Juniors

Go down 
+18
Bigfullforward
OutTheGap
lomond
Botch
greyfox
kickingking
overthebar
onthewayup
tpos
lillyboy
Ohtoohtobe
Shergar
lily4fr
Radley Park
walsheman
Jimmy winning matches
TommyKeegan
lilywhites on tour
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 8:43 am

On our spiral downwards, it appears we have hit yet another acceleration. Dermot Finn steps down as manager, we were unable to field a team for a challenge against Mayo recently. Our participation in the championship now in jeopardy. First round v Longford on May 20th.

Hate to be so pessimistic but what the f**k is actually going on in our county?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 9:02 am

Sure might save a few quid. We could sell the land the stand and two of the terraces are built on in St Conleth's next, there'll be plenty of room for anyone who is left about to watch this circus wind down.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 11:59 pm

seemly a junior jersey not high players minds
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 3:30 am

Let the intermediate or junior winners fill the fixture
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 5:41 am

By all accounts the juniors were given no support by either the County Board nor Jason Ryan,certainly not in the way McGeeney used it...Ryan pulled six players from the junior panel a couple of weeks back in order to bring them into the senior panel,even though none of them will be anywhere near the panel for the Laois/Carlow game.This reflected on the failure to field against Mayo...the shambolic nature of the situation inevitably fed back to the players,with numbers in training not even allowing for an 8-a-side game!
I know that there are limitations to what the junior team can actually do/achieve,particularly since the rules over eligibility were changed again, but I think we all saw when it was used right that it can provide players with inter-county experience and development with the target of bringing them into the senior panel at a later date if good enough.
This season can't end quick enough at this stage!
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 am

In a lot of cases, players would rather play for their clubs than for Kildare juniors and I for one think they're dead right
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 am

Its not an either or situation in recent years. Players played as normal with their clubs last year anyway.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:07 am

lily4fr wrote:
In a lot of cases, players would rather play for their clubs than for Kildare juniors and I for one think they're dead right

Damn right, heads down, stick to the local. Representing county, winning Leinster and being in All Ireland finals means nothing, a pathway to playing senior intercounty football is rubbish too. Now I must leave you as I get back to eating weeds and shagging sheep and electing the man that gets the pot hole fixed. People like this have actual votes, no wonder we are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 am

Think having a junior team is more important than some people realise, a very important link in the Kerry set-up, for example.

But we probably physically don't have the cash to do it properly. Reaping what we have sown with our preference for the quick fix and until we sort out our fundraising/general set-up and plan long-term, we are f*****.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:35 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Think having a junior team is more important than some people realise, a very important link in the Kerry set-up, for example.

But we probably physically don't have the cash to do it properly. Reaping what we have sown with our preference for the quick fix and until we sort out our fundraising/general set-up and plan long-term, we are f*****.

On that, interesting today to see Club Roscommon sponsor the Division Two champions - a county along with Tipperary given popuation/hurling that should make us feel utterly pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Roscommon is a good example. Less than half our population, fewer resources, geographical problems in terms of lads having to commute further back from college and facing a more difficult problem in players getting sorted with work, etc.

But they are completely united, reasonably well organised and are getting the most from a couple of good crops of young talent.

Even if we had the best manager in Ireland and all our players home, until everyone in Kildare is pulling in the same direction, we are at nothing. The only way to change this is through inspired leadership. You can say that its small-minded people in clubs holding Kildare back but I actually think we have a lot of extremely progressive clubs (Sarsfields, Moorefield, Athy, Johnstownbridge, Two Mile House, Celbridge, Naas, Confey, Maynooth to name just a few) and it's not as if Roscommon club people are inherently more reasonable or something.

The difference is that Roscommon must by and large have a more competent, progressive county executive. Indeed I would say some or all of the clubs I mentioned above have far better leadership in place than our county board does.

Is John Evans a vastly better coach than Jason Ryan? I wouldn't have thought so to be honest. Indeed Ryan's record with Wexford is far better than Evans' with Tipp or Roscommon.

But despite having a better haul of talent than us, there are no Roscommon lads, to my knowledge, playing AFL or soccer in England or heading to America for the summer. That is a symptom of well thought-out structures and everyone in the county working together towards a vision.

Blaming Jason Ryan for the lack of the same attitude here is like blaming one tree for being flammable while the whole woods are on fire.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Roscommon sponsor is a man who made his money abroad and doesn't need or want his company name on the shirt, hence the club roscommon across the shirt.
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Is John Evans a vastly better coach than Jason Ryan? I wouldn't have thought so to be honest. Indeed Ryan's record with Wexford is far better than Evans' with Tipp or Roscommon

Maybe Joson would do a better interview than John Evans, but his experience is much inferior, As well as his senior inter county experience John Evans has won a All Ireland club title and managed Kerry U21. No contest for me
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 12:55 am

Anyways back on track what's the story with the juniors who's now after taking over the managerial spot
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 1:03 am

I'd say there are good few candidates on here who would have the credentials to do the job.... going by some of the posts that are posted anyway........ Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 4:06 am

I know of a few players who were invited onto this panel who were told that they would be pulled from a number of club games. These were players who would have missed out on a lot of club football down the years when they were on county underage panels. A lot of these smaller clubs at junior and intermediate level are struggling for numbers and are in relegation trouble in the league. The players turned down the invitation because they don't want to let their clubs down. The county juniors could be gone after one game after all.

Counties like Kerry and Cork have successfully introduced a number of players from smaller clubs to inter county football through their junior county teams but they can also successfully run club competitions without half the acrimony we seem to get in Kildare. We can't continue to piss on club football if we want successful inter county teams. It doesn't work that way as we are finding out to our cost.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 4:32 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
lily4fr wrote:

Damn right, heads down, stick to the local. Representing county, winning Leinster and being in All Ireland finals means nothing, a pathway to playing senior intercounty football is rubbish too. Now I must leave you as I get back to eating weeds and shagging sheep and electing the man that gets the pot hole fixed. People like this have actual votes, no wonder we are screwed.

Obviously you don't agree but it's the truth some cases. I know of at least 4 players from my own club who have passed on an opportunity of joining the junior panel in recent years... having previously been involved. These guys didn't see the junior team as a stepping stone to the senior panel and felt that their time was better spent representing their club.

And please leave the personal insults out.
Back to top Go down
greyfox
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 4:52 am

Maybe Jason would do a better interview than John Evans????? Evans must be truly pathetic if this is true!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:04 pm

The Kildare juniors was used by McGeeny to have a look at potential senior players. Before him it was for lads who were not good enough for Kildare seniors but all good intermediate and junior players. It was their chance to represent the county. During that time under Tony Kelly and others they were reasonably successful, competing in Leinster finals and winning a couple.

I myself think it should be for junior and intermediate players. Lads that are good but may be a step below getting on the senior panel.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Any word on a team for Wednesday night?? Did they paly a challenge game last week?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 9:10 am

Be interested to see the panel aswell
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 7:58 am

The juniors lost 2-9 to 0-10 to Longford tonight. Probably not a big surprise after the lack of preparation. This was the team:
1. Mark Herbert Ballyteague
2. Mark Hyland Athy
3. Gavin Farrell Castledermot
4. Eoin Powderly Kilcock
5. Colin O'Shea Milltown
6. John Mulpeter Rathangan
7. Colm Fagan Rathcoffey
8. David Whyte Moorefield
9. Ronan Walsh Cappagh
10. Niall Devane Straffan
11. Seamus Hanafin Ballyteague
12. Jason Acton Rathcoffey
13. Arron Mullins Moorefield
14. Cian Bolton Eadestown
15. Brian Mulally Rathangan
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 9:23 am

What was the eligibility criteria for this team?
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:35 pm

I think it was anyone who didn't play senior club championship football in 2014. Longford were able to use senior players. They had their under 21 manager in charge of the team and most of the players were either from the under 21 team we beat in 2013 or this year's under 21 team.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 1:15 am

Towers favs for the Inter Championship with no One involved ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Juniors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next