Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Juniors

Go down 
+82
ohluckyme
standhimup
lilywhites on tour
hawker
koko39
Dr No
Sam1928
FearBan
daracill
lilly-exile
overthebar
carra2323
steviegenius
patw14
totalgaa
Bān go Lēir
Could'nt Trap Cement
if_in_doubt
kartman
peile
Rex
Jimmy winning matches
Moorefieldbhoy
The Giant
Bongo
Derfil
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Gaffer
KILL BILL
Come on the Boys in Blue
Son of Sarsfields
mrblobby
lilypremier
bob12
Admin3
GAA_PUNTER
@DubMatchTracker
Onhisboot
Pure White
Adam91
parcel
Bad News Baba
sillycow
SquareBall
sean boylan
Flamingo
centreback
tomcruise
Highball
GaaHead
kickingking
naked-lilly
smokey
MD
Oneill
Big Full Back
cilldara
archie
White Bridge
lomond
Stonecold
Loads of Pints
lastline
Taibi
TheBigFullForward
Cluabú
stanley
Lily8
Frankel
Ogie
walsheman
bag of white
flourman
Yellow Pearl
rgb
Kaiser Sóze
ElGuerrouj
Fear An Geata
shoutitout
kildaregaa365
Square Ball
ChopperDalton
86 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Louth tomorrow night. Any idea of the team. I presume guys who didnt play a part on Sunday would be in contention - Scanlon, Cribben, Rob Kelly, Heff, Kieran Kelly, Hendy.

Louth won it last year so should be a tough game.
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Rob Kelly and Keith Cribben played for Kildare seniors in championship last year
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Square Ball wrote:
Rob Kelly and Keith Cribben played for Kildare seniors in championship last year

Does that mean you cant play in the Junior championship this year?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Who is Kieran Kelly, sorry for my ignorance .. ?
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Is Kieran Peter's older brother?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Crofter wrote:
Who is Kieran Kelly, sorry for my ignorance .. ?

Half forward from Moorefield
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Conway, Tommy Moo, Tommy O'Neill, Gately, Ollie Lyons etc available to play too. Think Hendy might have played a few mins in senior champ last year so don't think he is eligible.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks Fear an G.. remember him now. Played in Glen's u-21 team if I recall.

We should have a very strong line out by the looks of it
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Team I think could line out:

Robbie Eyres
Ollie Lyons
Brian Kinahan
Fitzpatrick
Tommy O'Neill
Scanlon
Mick Conway
Paddy Dunne
Willie Heff
Moolick
??
Kieran Kelly
Darroch Mulhall
Tommy Archbald
Gately
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Surely Tommy O'Neill is ineligible now?
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:36 pm

came on as a blood sub only.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh right, never noticed it was reversed...still thought it would have made him ineligible though.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Kaiser Sóze wrote:
Team I think could line out:

Robbie Eyres
Ollie Lyons
Brian Kinahan
Fitzpatrick
Tommy O'Neill
Scanlon
Mick Conway
Paddy Dunne
Willie Heff
Moolick
??
Kieran Kelly
Darroch Mulhall
Tommy Archbald
Gately

I'd say Matt Kelly and Sean Hurley will start anyway. Darragh McEvoy might get a start somewhere as well. Mikey Conway is likely to be in half fwds rather than half back line.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:05 am

I think and hope that this is where Conway will remain for this year. Apart from injury and fitness problems, I never bought into all that hype that was kicked up about him.

He was accomodated in the half back line because he wasn't a good enough forward. I felt the same about Kevin O'Neill when he got injured. He may well have come back to the level he was at previously, only problem was that the other lads had moved up a level or two.

Conway is at his level with the juniors. Let him find his feet, if he proves anything then maybe consider him. Otherwise lets look forward to the Meath game with the panel we have at the moment!
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:31 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
I think and hope that this is where Conway will remain for this year. Apart from injury and fitness problems, I never bought into all that hype that was kicked up about him.

He was accomodated in the half back line because he wasn't a good enough forward. I felt the same about Kevin O'Neill when he got injured. He may well have come back to the level he was at previously, only problem was that the other lads had moved up a level or two.

Conway is at his level with the juniors. Let him find his feet, if he proves anything then maybe consider him. Otherwise lets look forward to the Meath game with the panel we have at the moment!

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:38 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
He was accomodated in the half back line because he wasn't a good enough forward.

Utter nonsense - while I agree that he may well stay with the Juniors this year - it is not because he is "at his level with the juniors" it is merely because he is short match fitness having not kicked a ball in nearly 2 years.

This fella was a class above in 09 before his injury - his distribution into the forwards is first class and he is far far from a Junior footballer. Ask Alan Smith/Kavanagh who they'd prefer to be supplying ball to them and see what they say.

Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:45 am

Newbridgefan wrote:

Kildare Juniors 207_not_sure_if_serious
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:48 am

id hope ur not serious,is a quality player,extra games no matter wat level will help him,not good enough as a forward,thats just stupid,was decent enough there but wing back was certainly his place once there,threw in numerous man of the match performances from there!!heard he was llokin sharp the weekend for the club,id say we will see him play some part for the seniors this summer,the sooner the better
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:22 am

walsheman wrote:
id hope ur not serious,is a quality player,extra games no matter wat level will help him,not good enough as a forward,thats just stupid,was decent enough there but wing back was certainly his place once there,threw in numerous man of the match performances from there!!heard he was llokin sharp the weekend for the club,id say we will see him play some part for the seniors this summer,the sooner the better

looking sharp for Nurney and for Kildare in a Leinster championship having played two games in two years are completely different things. As I said on another thread, he's good, much better than NF says, but he's not Superman.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:56 am

Newbridgefan wrote:

you idiot
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:05 am

Ogie wrote:
walsheman wrote:

looking sharp for Nurney and for Kildare in a Leinster championship having played two games in two years are completely different things. As I said on another thread, he's good, much better than NF says, but he's not Superman.
yeah im fully aware of the difference between nurney and kildare,i no he isnt superman but its been a while since he looked sharp for his club!!i said we might see him in some part,maybe late july,early aug as a sub!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:33 am

Newbridgefan wrote:

God, I thought the Sunday game analysts were clueless. Now our own fans are at it. Anyone who saw us play in 09 would appreciate that Conway is a class act. Now having said, time has moved on and our half back line is strong so he would need to be flying to get back in that line. I'd imagine he will be used primarily as an impact sub around the middle third of the pitch this season. But saying juniors is his level is ridiculous. I can only hope Newbridgefan meant he needs to prove his fitness rather than his ability. Give the guy a break NBF
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:42 am

Yes he's at his level because he has been out of football COMPLETELY since 2009. What ball he has kicked is irrelevant when it comes to SENIOR INTERCOUNTY.

Our half back line is one of our strongest lines on the field at the moment and we have decent players in reserve. I dont honestly believe the guy is good enough to threaten any of our starting forwards. Then theres the yonug guys that Geezer is bleding in at present.

I just don't see where he will fit in. As always though, in Geezer we trust!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:44 am

Conway was one of our best players a few years ago before he got injured. It mightn't be a bad idea to leave him with the juniors for a little while to ease him back into it after being injured but he definitely proved already he well deserves a place on the senior panel. The sooner he's back fully fit the better.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:07 am

Around that same time as Conway was playing well in the half backs, Flanno was being talked about for an All-Star and Kevin O'Neill was the talk of the county.

Both those players form suffered to a point where it looks as if Flanno might not make it now. And we all know what happened O'Neill.

Conway has proved nothing. Its 2 years since he played a meaningful match. My initial point stands. Let him prove himself with the juniors for a few games and then have a look.

I nthe mean time, the senior team has a Leinster quarter final to concentrate on with players fighting for every position. Thats far more important than hanging on to a 2 year old long shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare Juniors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Juniors
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next