Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Juniors

Go down 
+82
ohluckyme
standhimup
lilywhites on tour
hawker
koko39
Dr No
Sam1928
FearBan
daracill
lilly-exile
overthebar
carra2323
steviegenius
patw14
totalgaa
Bān go Lēir
Could'nt Trap Cement
if_in_doubt
kartman
peile
Rex
Jimmy winning matches
Moorefieldbhoy
The Giant
Bongo
Derfil
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Gaffer
KILL BILL
Come on the Boys in Blue
Son of Sarsfields
mrblobby
lilypremier
bob12
Admin3
GAA_PUNTER
@DubMatchTracker
Onhisboot
Pure White
Adam91
parcel
Bad News Baba
sillycow
SquareBall
sean boylan
Flamingo
centreback
tomcruise
Highball
GaaHead
kickingking
naked-lilly
smokey
MD
Oneill
Big Full Back
cilldara
archie
White Bridge
lomond
Stonecold
Loads of Pints
lastline
Taibi
TheBigFullForward
Cluabú
stanley
Lily8
Frankel
Ogie
walsheman
bag of white
flourman
Yellow Pearl
rgb
Kaiser Sóze
ElGuerrouj
Fear An Geata
shoutitout
kildaregaa365
Square Ball
ChopperDalton
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:32 am

I think he should be on an equal footing with the rest of the junior squad, It is a long time to be out of football, He was a serious talented player and if it takes him a while to regain his form then he should be given that time but if he is back to his best and stands out in junior games he should be given a chance with the seniors same as the rest of the lads.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:53 am

Well, let's see. In Geezer we all seem to trust right now ! My view is he will use Conway as a sub at some point over the next month or two similar to how he used him in 2008, coming on around the middle of the field and spraying those passes around. I acknowledge Newbridgefan that he has a lot to prove fitness wise, let's just hope he can prove that fitness and get back to the same level as before.
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:24 am

The sound of newbridge fan back tracking. 'at his level'- utterly clueless! Conway will feature this year provided no injury lapses, and mark my words he will be noticed. Nothing like some of our own fans to jump on our own players back. Newbridge fan i take it u didn't listen to Obama yesterday 'is feider linn'.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:15 am

Another one brain washed by 2 diplomatic visits in a week? wtf has either of those visits done to change our bankrupt nation?

Backtracking? No chance mate, I dont rate and never have rated the chap as highly as some people around. If Im proven wrong, then so be it.

IN the mean time, he deserves at least a chance to prove he's as good as some of the promising young junior players available to us at the moment.

No w go play with rself and watch Obama brainwash a nation again......
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:24 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
Another one brain washed by 2 diplomatic visits in a week? wtf has either of those visits done to change our bankrupt nation?

Backtracking? No chance mate, I dont rate and never have rated the chap as highly as some people around. If Im proven wrong, then so be it.

IN the mean time, he deserves at least a chance to prove he's as good as some of the promising young junior players available to us at the moment.

No w go play with rself and watch Obama brainwash a nation again......

If you didn't rate him highly back in 2009 you have already been proved wrong. He was well on his way to an all-star when he got injured
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:47 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
I think and hope that this is where Conway will remain for this year. Apart from injury and fitness problems, I never bought into all that hype that was kicked up about him.

He was accomodated in the half back line because he wasn't a good enough forward. I felt the same about Kevin O'Neill when he got injured. He may well have come back to the level he was at previously, only problem was that the other lads had moved up a level or two.

Conway is at his level with the juniors. Let him find his feet, if he proves anything then maybe consider him. Otherwise lets look forward to the Meath game with the panel we have at the moment!
Congrats you have just won the most ridiculous post of the year award!
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Best of luck to Kildare Junior team and management tonight, hope people turn out to support them
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:36 pm

newbridgefan you also didnt see him playing against laois when he got man of the match in tullamore or when he had an excellent leinster final against the dubs and kicked two points from play, me thinks you have something against him.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:19 pm

fat full forward wrote:
newbridgefan you also didnt see him playing against laois when he got man of the match in tullamore or when he had an excellent leinster final against the dubs and kicked two points from play, me thinks you have something against him.

If he played for Sarsfield I bet you he would be singing a different tune.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Look lads, not everybody has to buy into the media hype that surronds every player.
Go and watch the Leinster final from 2009. The 2 goals came down his side of the pitch. The first - Cahill went past Roli like he wasn't there but there was no cover from the NUMBER 7. The second, there was absolutely no pressure on the kicked pass into Sherlock.

Yeah he was very good against Laois and Offaly, but when the opposition was improved........

A week after the Dublin game he was taken off at half time against Wicklow.

I've no problem with people liking the guy and wanting him to do well, after the injury he's had and the expense thats gone on getting him back, the county could do with getting him into some decent form and shape.

And don't throw the 'if he were playing for Sarsfields'' shite at me. Ive said here on many occasions that I didnt think Smith was worth his place - when playing badly. I also disagree that Chalky is anywhere NEAR the best centre back since Glenn.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Newbridgefan wrote:
Look lads, not everybody has to buy into the media hype that surronds every player.
Go and watch the Leinster final from 2009. The 2 goals came down his side of the pitch. The first - Cahill went past Roli like he wasn't there but there was no cover from the NUMBER 7. The second, there was absolutely no pressure on the kicked pass into Sherlock.

Yeah he was very good against Laois and Offaly, but when the opposition was improved........

A week after the Dublin game he was taken off at half time against Wicklow.

I've no problem with people liking the guy and wanting him to do well, after the injury he's had and the expense thats gone on getting him back, the county could do with getting him into some decent form and shape.

And don't throw the 'if he were playing for Sarsfields'' shite at me. Ive said here on many occasions that I didnt think Smith was worth his place - when playing badly. I also disagree that Chalky is anywhere NEAR the best centre back since Glenn.

i think you will find that he was taken off then because he did his cruciate then just before half time!!!
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:06 pm

INdeed your right BFFF. For some reason I thought that happened in a different game.

Look I have nothing against him and if Geezer decides he's good enough to play with the seniors, well then he is.Until then, Im more than happy to continue with the players we have at present.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:09 pm

i agree with newbridgefan on this. i see flano gettin stick over his performance at the weekend but after kickin 2 bad shots at goal he was carrying a ball goalwards lookin for some of the forwards to show for it and do there job but because they stood wit hands on hips he was forced to shoot under pressure and it went into keepers hands. he was called ashore mins later. to me it was his team mates that hung him out to dry by not doing there job. sometimes in a team sport it can be those times when people dont have the ball that can impact games heavily.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:23 pm

bit off topic?

any sign of a team? think its a bout time this team and management got somewhere, if they are training 5/6 times a week over the past 3 years how in the name of god have they never even reached a final at this level? its a bit of a joke really, most of the other teams in this comp will openly admit that they fo fcuk all training for this yet still do better than kildare every year!!
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:29 pm

We won Leinster in 2004?

Last year from the Juniors we we recruited Tomas O Connor, Hugh Lynch and Peter Kelly. So it is defo doing its job of promoting players to senior whch is Geezers main concern. However I do agree that Silverware should very attainable for this group of players at this level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:50 pm

I think a big part of the Kildare Juniors problem in this is that a lot of the players are on the fringe of the Senior Panel getting little game time with the Seniors and playing little or no football with their own clubs.

Louth have won it the last 2 years and I would imagine they are taking it serious, training together as a panel and also playing plenty of football with their clubs also.

The Junior set up in Kildare is a strange one. There are around 10-15 players training with the Senior Panel that are eligible to play Junior.

So that leaves 10-15 other positions up for grabs on the panel.
These players train seperately from the Senior Panel players.
There has been many Junior challenge games but very often i believe the Senior players did not play.
So tonight for example you might have several players who have not played together ever.

It always going to be hard to win games. You need a club like ethos around county teams at any level.

Starting team and Panel:

1 Robbie Earls Clane
2 Daragh McEvoy Celbridge
3 Ciaran Fitzpatrick Kilcock
4 Ollie Lyons Celbridge
5 Matt Kelly Two Mile House
6 Mark Scanlon(Capt) Round Towers
7 John Doyle Ballymore
8 Willie Heffernan Nurney
9 Paddy Dunne Athy
10 Jamie Lambe Kilcullen
11 Mikey Conway Nurney
12 Ciaran Kelly Moorefield
13 Darroch Mulhall Athy
14 Paddy Meagher Leixlip
15 James Gately Confey
16 Ciaran Heneghan Clane
17 John Brown Suncroft
18 Brian Kinahan Athy
19 Tommy Moolick Leixlip
20 Austin Nevin Caragh
21 Dan Campbell Caragh
22 Tommy Archbold Ballymore
23 Eoghan Carew St.Kevins
24 Noel Haverty Clane
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:54 pm

lastline wrote:
i agree with newbridgefan on this. i see flano gettin stick over his performance at the weekend but after kickin 2 bad shots at goal he was carrying a ball goalwards lookin for some of the forwards to show for it and do there job but because they stood wit hands on hips he was forced to shoot under pressure and it went into keepers hands. he was called ashore mins later. to me it was his team mates that hung him out to dry by not doing there job. sometimes in a team sport it can be those times when people dont have the ball that can impact games heavily.

The guy has a habit of taking the ball into contact, dropping the shoulders and head on impact which to me wouldn't be best way to be attacking. You lose the momentum, the counter attack and it slows the game down plus with his head down how can he see what's developing around him.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Blood sub thing must have made Tommy O'Neill in-eligible
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Why is Sean Hurley not on the panel?
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:23 pm

lomond wrote:
Why is Sean Hurley not on the panel?

He got injured.............in a junior challenge against London seniors I think!
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Is it too much to ask the kildare website to get the names of their players right?

Robbie earls?!?!?
Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Never heard of No. 16 . Ciaran Heneghan playing for Clane.
Back to top Go down
cilldara
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Interesting to see that tommy moolick is not starting..you would of imagined that he would of been a cert to start seeing as he is with the senior panel since last year and was a regular sight during the national league
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:47 pm

archie wrote:
Never heard of No. 16 . Ciaran Heneghan playing for Clane.

That's because he plays for kilcock!!! Was the u21 keeper this year

Seriously, if the Kildare county board or whoever is running the website can't be bothered to check out simple stuff like that, why would anybody else?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:29 am

Read on the Nationalist that Brian Kinahan is going to the USA for the summer shortly, why is he on the panel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Juniors   Kildare Juniors - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Juniors
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next