Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v DIT

Go down 
+22
murof
Gaa1928
thelads
Sam1928
KILL BILL
kildaregaa365
Cill Dara Mick
flourman
jim
Onhisboot
lilysavage
Taibi
Rex
kickingking
smokey
topcat
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Lily8
LillieLad
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:14 pm

I do fancy us to do well in division 3 but winning all our games would be very difficult to do. We can talk all we want. We are in division 3 for a reason.
Good accurate scoring from Tyrrell yesterday.
Backs were ok but tend to fowl a lot in my opinion. They seem to get close but then proceed to assault a guy instead of getting the ball. Probably just rusty.
Midfield were mobile.
Forwards ok
Goal keeper is an issue in my opinion. We have struggled in this department for a number of years. Is there anyone out there who is just a more experienced solid goalkeeper?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:02 pm

On goalkeeper front I think we have an excellent keeper in Donnellan. Fair dues he was at fault for the first Kerry goal last year, but other than that I thought he had a very good year and saved us on more than one occasion against Laois - kick outs improved too.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 pm

KILL BILL wrote:
on another issue what time is throw in on Wednesday at Hawkfield?
From KfmSport twitter:
#KildareGaa update: Change of time for Kildare v Louth, Wednesday, in Hawkfield, now at 8pm, not 7.30pm.
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 10:01 pm

In div 3 Kildare will be the team everyone wants to beat. In all honesty we should get promoted but don't be surprised if we lose one or two games. Limerick have gone backwards and will be handy as will offaly and clare (too many players gone back hurling). Longford were a mess last year and I don't see that improving soon. Yeh others have caused us problems before and that's where we might struggle.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:49 pm

I think we have 2 very good goal keepers in Connolly and Donnellan I think Connolly is the better shot stopper but Mark is better at kick outs and can kick a 45. Corley is a very decent keeper too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:01 am

murof wrote:
We were lucky to beat both Clare and Limerick in recent years. Tipperary have progressed farther than us at underage in the last few years and made us look very ordinary at minor last year.
Westmeath played a superior brand of football to us last year and beat us in Newbridge.
We are capable of winning all our games and certainly should be aiming for that but it wont be easy.

With Cian on board and the return of players like Dan Flynn, Kevin Feely, Morgan O Flaherty, Hugh McGrillen along with better fitness with other key players like Eoin Doyle, Fergal Conway, Paul Cribben and Peter Kelly we should not be overly troubled by any team in Division 3.

Yes there will be times when we won't play to our full potential or ability but there are teams in that list in Division 3 that are really not up to much and if we fail to get promotion questions will have to be asked.

Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:06 am

For me Mark Donnellan is definitely our strongest keeper. Connolly is decent too but would put the heart crossways on you the way he used to come so far out of the goals at times.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:32 am

Kildare to win div 3. 4/5.
Kildare to win leinster 12/1.. then again dublin are 1/12.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:56 am

Is it true Corley cannot get on his club team??
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:13 am

Botch wrote:
Is it true Corley cannot get on his club team??

I think Tom Corley had a shoulder operation last year and missed the whole season.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:29 am

I stand corrected. Would of been very strange if he was on the county team but not on his club team.

I also saw other squad players leaving newbridge before game on Sunday. They must of been training.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 3:55 am

Tom kinsella has certainly played a key role for Moorefield in recent times and is a very good keeper.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:18 am

Botch wrote:
I stand corrected.  Would of been very strange if he was on the county team but not on his club team.

I also saw other squad players leaving newbridge before game on Sunday.  They must of been training.  

Yes the likes of Leper, Morgan, Mikey (I think), Paudie, Podge were all training. Without mentioning names some of the lads looked like they'd "wintered" almost as well as myself.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:13 am

I thought that the Celbridge keeper McNamara was an excellent keeper and deserves a run.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:33 am

Why is tomorrows game in hawkfield rather than Athy? I don't blame Athy if they didn't want a match on their pitch to be honest if that's the reason. Could be a good night for a farmer with a tractor pulling cars out of the field or did Milltown get no rain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:23 am

smokey wrote:
Why is tomorrows game in hawkfield rather than Athy? I don't blame Athy if they didn't want a match on their pitch to be honest if that's the reason. Could be a good night for a farmer with a tractor pulling cars out of the field or did Milltown get no rain.

Hawkfield has one of the best surfaces in kildare. If anything it would be the opposite
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 10:09 am

Im talking about the car park. I predict a riot
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 10:11 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Plenty of Moorefield representation for Sunday.

You still not reading my posts eh f reddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v DIT   Kildare v DIT - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v DIT
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3