Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Offaly

Go down 
+36
Shergar
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
Dinny Breen
Caprea
shoutitout
Westside
lilywhites on tour
Lily8
OutTheGap
Onhisboot
jj
Cilldara_2000
smokey
Flamingo
white boy
inexile
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
Taibi
Celbridgelad
Rex
Highball
Ogie
johnsmyth
lillyboy
moatesports
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
jim
Kildare98
kickingking
murof
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:46 pm

Ogie do I sense a hint of sarcasm. ....
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:49 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Look at the 2 chair leaders touching mickies off each other. Get a room you pair of planks.

Called you out in another thread and you had no balls Seamus, but in fairness maybe johnsmyth is busy fondling them.

We were 3 points up against WM in the dying moments, hardly comfortable. It was 11 scores apiece with us scoring 2 goals. It was far from comprehensive. There was a lot of poor performances all over the field. With the wind in the 2nd half we 3 points, in 35 minutes of football. 2 Well taken goals gloss over a poor performance if we're all being honest.

"Called me out". Reckon your on the wrong forum. . Try ufc or maybe conor mcgregor.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Look at the 2 chair leaders touching mickies off each other. Get a room you pair of planks.

Called you out in another thread and you had no balls Seamus, but in fairness maybe johnsmyth is busy fondling them.

We were 3 points up against WM in the dying moments, hardly comfortable. It was 11 scores apiece with us scoring 2 goals. It was far from comprehensive. There was a lot of poor performances all over the field. With the wind in the 2nd half we 3 points, in 35 minutes of football. 2 Well taken goals gloss over a poor performance if we're all being honest.

"Called me out". Reckon your on the wrong forum. . Try ufc or maybe conor mcgregor.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:52 pm

That's another problem I have, along with drinking to much. Fckn repeating myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 12:46 am

Ogie wrote:
It was a good post-match interview though, that's the important thing...

You think we performed well Ogie?
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 12:54 am

First half we were very good - 4 point lead (maybe 3?) and convincingly led.
Second half was very patchy, poor at times. We were as poor with the wind as they were in the first.
However, you are going to get inconsistencies with personnel, ideas , wind etc etc

Overall performance was decent. Enough positives to take away from it and lots to work on. We won away in our first game with 4 or 5 new players in miserable conditions against arguably our biggest test in the league so ill take that.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 1:11 am

We'd have taken that Sunday morning.

Only 3 forwards scored from play, which is worrying.. I would expect changes here for Sunday.

Kildare now at 8/15 to win div 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 1:32 am

Highball wrote:
First half we were very good - 4 point lead (maybe 3?) and convincingly led.
Second half was very patchy, poor at times. We were as poor with the wind as they were in the first.
However, you are going to get inconsistencies with personnel, ideas , wind etc etc

Overall performance was decent. Enough positives to take away from it and lots to work on. We won away in our first game with 4 or 5 new players in miserable conditions against arguably our biggest test in the league so ill take that.

Depends on what barometer you are measuring on. I would consider us to be a top 8 team, given the talent at our disposal. Our problem the last few years is that we haven't performed to this level - only on occasions. I believe we consistently should be performing as such. That said the weather was horrendous on Sunday and no matter what level you play at it's difficult to play in.

I would say it was a workman like performance, getting the win without over exerting ourselves or looking in any real trouble. But you'd have to ask would Donegal, Tyrone, Monaghan, Cork and teams of a similar ilk ( Dublin , Kerry and Mayo are ahead of the rest) perform in such a manner against a clearly lesser team.

You have to remember we outplayed Tyrone and Down in the League on our patch over the last 2 years, only to keep them in the game and be suckered in the dying moments. When you are on top you need to be pressing the foot on the throat and not allow the team any hope. If you don't you always run the risk of another Down/Tyrone scenario. We were only 3 up with moments to go before Kelly got the insurance point & Westmeath had a ball cleared off the line in 1st half.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 1:34 am

The game was played in January, all that mattered was 2 points away against what could turn out or strongest rivals. The way final places are decided with head to head it was a three point gain over Westmeath.  I for one considering our last couple of league openers was happy.

A win on Sunday and we are looking good to get out of this limbo of a division.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 1:59 am

What worried me the most was the old familiar failure to kick relatively simple scores near the end to move more than one score ahead. Both Tyrell and O'Connor missed easy chances and it was left to the one really class forward in Kelly to do it.
Was a bit disappointed with O'Connor and Flynn but both seemed to be trying too hard and trying to impress. They deserve another chance next week as does Sherry who could be a big player for us this year.
Actually think Div 3 is perfect for us this year in trying to build a new team. Div 2 has 5 Ulster teams and Galway and Meath. Thats a claustrophobic area to develop young players, we will be better prepared for them next year.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 2:55 am

A new team??? We had a few new player that's about it. The reason we are not a top team for me is for me a couple of reasons. 1 while we have had reasonable success at underage we can't seem to bridge the gap to senior inter county .2 while we have skillful players we lack players the have the other attributes to make great players. Like we have no player the would overly worry the opposition. Like say Dermot Earley or Glenn Ryan would.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 3:01 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Ogie wrote:
It was a good post-match interview though, that's the important thing...

You think we performed well Ogie?

I don't know Freddy, I wasn't there, was working.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 3:06 am

I didn't mean a toally new team Jim, but rather one with some players who haven't played before and others who have played sporadically like Dan Flynn. I also meant new as in new management and new tactics from a coach who has been involved with top teams.
As to why we are not a top team I think one reason is that we hold on to players too long and dont trust youth.The previous manager did that and only copped on in his last year. Mickey Harte did it also but changed last year and came close to beating Kerry.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 9:09 am

Kildare Team V Offaly M Donnellan P Kelly DHyland O Lyons R Houlihan F Conway C ODonoghue Daniel Flynn K Feely A Tyrell N Kelly P Cribbin N Flynn E Callaghan C McNally
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm happy with that team besides o flaherty missing. Gym and deservedly gets the number 3 jersey, o donoghue had a stormer against Westmeath. Was Houlihan injured or just dropped for the last game? Interesting to see how feely goes, unlike other posters I thought daryl Flynn was having a relatively poor game last weekend up until half time. Good to see Neil Flynn get another shot
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Callaghan at FF ?.
Is Johnny Byrne injured ?.
Two very attacking wing backs who can score.
Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Did they play orthodox last Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Nice to be able to discuss the team on a Friday before the game. Well done to the manager for the improvement.

As for the team, interesting is the word that springs to mind. Really looking forward to seeing that midfield if both those lads play there. 

Forward line looks a little weak without Flats in there bit good to see lads given another chance instead of being dropped and never getting back.

Half back line is the youngest line we must have had for years at senior level. In fact the team must have a very low average age. 

Good stuff from Cian trusting youth. Looking forward to the game.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Ogie wrote:

No, they played Westmeath.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Taibi wrote:
Ogie wrote:

No, they played Westmeath.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:05 pm

Only thing I'm worried about is the two ucd lads. They played sigerson during the week so this will be their 3rd game in 7 days
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:34 am

One of them only played 30 minutes and the other is extremely fit from everything I've seen of him.

Really looking forward to seeing how Feely slots in. With him, Moolick, Cribbin and Dan Flynn around the midfield things might be looking up in that area at last.

Bit disappointed to see Leper back in at 14. Seems to be the one position O'Neill is struggling to find someone to fill. Makes the dropping of Fogarty somewhat perplexing still to me. For this one I would have liked to have seen Sherry given a go there. The way he took that late ball out of the sky to feed Kelly for the assurance point in Mullingar suggests some potential in that position.

But all in all it's a good line up and delighted to see youth being given its fling generally.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:36 am

Ogie wrote:

Yes the blanket was left in the boot of the bus.

There was no sweeper as such - from what I could tell the midfield and half forward line were expected to do their bit defensively but nothing more structured than that unless I missed something.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:32 am

I say the lads that are playing there third match in a week did no training probably just recovery and get ready for the weekend so wouldnt be to worried. I would prefer to play a game than train every time.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:55 am

Is Kevin Feely's eye ok after last sundau
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Offaly
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next