Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Offaly

Go down 
+39
rob11
OutTheGap
MD
TommyKeegan
Dinny Breen
Taibi
shortgrass
lilywhites on tour
lilysavage
flourman
spot on
if_in_doubt
Flamingo
Kildare98
jimmers
Jimmy winning matches
kickingking
Gaa1928
jim
Cassanata
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Botch
Ohtoohtobe
moatesports
Big Full Back
Lily8
Ogie
kildaregaa365
kelf
steviegenius
micky murphy
Shergar
SeamusMurphy
totalgaa
topcat
Rex
inexile
smokey
Xavi
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Slightly off the mark here with the build up to the game.  A few years ago we weren't allowed played matches in Newbridge for ' Health & Safety' reasons or the games would have to be all ticket with the attendance limited to approx 6,400 or something like that so we ended up having to forfeit home advantage on a number of occasions.

Now I am not suggesting that there will be 10,000 at this Saturdays match but there is no mention of restricted attendance or 'Health & Safety' now and from what I can see there was no works carried out in Newbridge since then.

Is this just a case that at the time a few years ago it suited somebody, be it Croke Park of indeed our county board that we did not play in Newbridge.

I found the reasoning at the time 'unsatisfactory' and continue to do so.

If we win this weekend and are drawn at home the following week to say Mayo, will this matter raise its ugly head again.

Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Good piece.
When cian took over he said he was going to implement a kicking game.. maybe that's to come.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 10:05 pm

I was talking to one of the players yesterday and they were really disappointed with the performance against Westmeath. What they were doing on the training field didnt come off that day also he said the very same happened against Wexford. So hopefully we can get a performance against the Biffo's it will be interesting anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 10:45 pm

steviegenius wrote:
I was talking to one of the players yesterday and they were really disappointed with the performance against Westmeath. What they were doing on the training field didnt come off that day also he said the very same happened against Wexford. So hopefully we can get a performance against the Biffo's it will be interesting anyway.

I was talking to 5 or 6 of the players the day after the Kerry game last year and the same sentiments were expressed. I am not doubting any of these players desire to win and disappointment at losing, but now I worry has enough changed in the last 12 months ??
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 1:15 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Slightly off the mark here with the build up to the game.  A few years ago we weren't allowed played matches in Newbridge for ' Health & Safety' reasons or the games would have to be all ticket with the attendance limited to approx 6,400 or something like that so we ended up having to forfeit home advantage on a number of occasions.

Now I am not suggesting that there will be 10,000 at this Saturdays match but there is no mention of restricted attendance or 'Health & Safety' now and from what I can see there was no works carried out in Newbridge since then.

Is this just a case that at the time a few years ago it suited somebody, be it Croke Park of indeed our county board that we did not play in Newbridge.

If we win this weekend and are drawn at home the following week to say Mayo, will this matter raise its ugly head again.

Just wondering.

Yeah, there were announcements of increased capacity with various works around the grounds / stands / terraces with the money they got for playing those League games in Croke Park and a few other grants. Don't know what the figure is at the moment.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 3:16 am

Gaa1928 wrote:

Just wondering.

The work that was carried out was pretty much a paint job here and there, but terracing was improved to a degree on the barracks terrace and the town end with new crash barriers erected and walkways marked out. It would be interesting to see what our ground actually holds at full tilt. Perhaps this might give us an idea. From the days of no health and safety............

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 am

Ah that was a good day indeed.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 4:53 am

Remember that like it was yesterday. I was stood on the terrace side under the camera platform. Magical warm summer evening, great comeback, then a late point to win. You couldn't move in the old ground.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Just wondering if the game is still on tomorrow, Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Kildare by 2 or 3 methinks! It could be a nervous enough affair.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 11:13 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Just wondering if the game is still on tomorrow, Laughing Laughing Laughing

What game ??? scratch
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Any team named yet?
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 7:57 am

Team for tomorrow

Donnellan, Kelly, Hyland, Lyons, Byrne, Doyle, Bolton, Moolick, Conway, Tyrell, O'Flaherty (M), O'Flaherty (E), McNally, Kelly, Flynn
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 8:00 am

On bench
McNamara, O'Donoghue, Feely, Dowling, Fitzpatrick, Healy, Callaghan, Murnaghan, Smith, O'Neill, Cribben (K)
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 8:10 am

Is that the same team can as last day? Same problem if it is, where are the scores can coming from and are they suddenly going to get the defensive system / counter attack working in two weeks when they couldn't get it working in two months.

If this goes wrong early it could unravel very quickly unless players stand up and show leadership. Don't know how this is going to end tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 8:12 am

One change Rex, McNally in for Cian O Donoghue, I wouldn't be surprised if Feely came in for McNally though with Conway going into half back line and Bolton playing the same role as last two games. I hope I am wrong but it looks that way to me.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 8:52 am

On paper, that is one depressing looking team. 8 defenders and 5 forwards.

Niall Smith back in for Offaly after suspension which will give them a big boost.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 8:58 am

Taibi wrote:

Niall Smith back in for Offaly after suspension which will give them a big boost.

The man is not for turning it appears
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 9:31 am

Taibi wrote:

He's not for change. . Worried now big time.
Back to top Go down
spot on
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 9:46 am

is cian the only one that cant see this,everyone else is wrong im right,if kildare where let go out and play they would win how long before the players say enough is enough,its football in a CLASSROOM,
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 9:53 am

Hopefully Feely and Smith will start. Not great options off bench. Shame the best u21s didnt commit.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 5:32 pm

If the match was in Tullamore I would not be going already dreading looking at the system. Is it van gall in disguise we have
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Id expect a few changes. Hopefully the lads will trow off the shackles and produce a performance. I read where Cian said no matter how disappointed a suporter is it doesn't come any where near that of the players or the manager I really hope they show that disappointment this evening. Best of luck to all involved.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Kildare by 7.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Kildare by 7.

I love your optimism. I really hope your right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Offaly
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next