Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster club championships

Go down 
+23
micky murphy
jim
sarsno1
Dinny Breen
Highball
topcat
Botch
Big Full Back
Gaa1928
murof
Dido
lilywhites on tour
kildaregaa365
All_right_in_white
Caprea
lilysavage
Lily8
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Jimmy winning matches
lily4fr
SeamusMurphy
TommyKeegan
smokey
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Leinster club championships - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 3:25 am

Hard luck to both Round Towers and Sarsfields at the weekend. Sarsfields just didn't perform, it happens, but they are a serious club that are always there or there abouts in the KSFC . No doubt they will go away and learn harsh lessons and no better club to do that. While I hate playing them I wish my own club had their vision and ambition even thought at times they can seem cocky.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 4:01 am

The sash have a great setup alright in fairness. But its hard for other clubs to do the same. They have the numbers.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 am

I agree to an extent but whatout going into the numbers so to Naas Maynooth Celbridge ...ect
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Yeah disagree completely with the numbers, so many clubs have a very similar catchment. Leixlip, Celbridge, Naas, Maynooth, Athy to name but some..

Difficult for country clubs I completely agree but the Newbridge clubs success is hard earned and is not solely down to numbers playing. Its up to others to catch up.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Celbridge and Athy are not far off and have as much or more representation on the Kildare panel as anyone. Naas and Maynooth are improving and Naas in particular doing well at underage. Leixlip is a basket case given their potential.

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 10:14 pm

No disrespects to any club and history shows Sarsfields are a top team and always have been and I know the number in rural clubs like Carbury and Raheens have declined and has affected success but Sarsfields and to an extent Moorefield wheather you like them or not have to be admired. They are a very driven club.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 10:18 pm

The rivalry between the 2 in the town helps to keep the standard high. When Eire Og were winning Leinster club titles, in 90s, it spurred on their town rivals OHanrahans who came from nowhere to challenge them within Carlow and even won a Leinster themselves.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 1:00 am

jim wrote:
No disrespects to any club and history shows Sarsfields are a top team and always have been and I know the number in rural clubs like Carbury and Raheens have declined and has affected success but Sarsfields and to an extent Moorefield wheather you like them or not have to be admired.  They are a very driven club.

Would agree Sarsfields and Moorefield are top Clubs with there set ups down through the years...I would have Moorefield on top as they achieved winning the big one ...Leinster Club Champions..imo
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 2:21 am

I suppose my point is that a lot of people rubbing there hands when Sarsfield were beaten because they come across at times as cocky and arrogant but they have to be admired in they way they go about their business.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 4:07 am

FT. O Mahoneys 1-5. Rhode 12.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 11:01 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
FT.  O Mahoneys 1-5. Rhode 12.

Sash must be kicking themselves...i think they would have put up a better show than O mahoneys still i hope Rhode win as they are always there abouts ..its 10 years ago when Moorefield beat them.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 1:11 am

I see colmcilles won the intermediate final.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 3:46 am

Felt on the day that Sash lost the game to SOM rather than SOM beating them, Rhode have been around the block and were never going to make the same number of errors as our lads did. Rhode will give Vins a much better rattle than 2 years ago, Vins were pushed all the way by Longford champs yesterday, I don't think they are operating at the same level as 2/3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 10:54 pm

Had a fair idea that Paschal Keelaghan wouldn't let Rhode get caught the same way as Sarsfields got caught, will be interesting to see how they go against Vincenets.
Athy can say what they want to say about him but if he gets buy in from the club and players he will get the results no matter how ugly.......................
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:06 am

Can't see rhode beaten Vincent tbh.. sullivan is a big loss to rhode.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 9:35 am

Naas GAA are the Eire Og Leinster Minor Football Champions
Naas 3-11
Clontarf 3-10
(after extra time)

End of a great year for Naas
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 9:54 am

Well done to Brendan Cawley on referring the Leinster senior club final did fine job
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 2:14 am

In fairness he did do a decent job.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 am

Well done to Brendan yesterday, he did a good job on the game, it was a relatively easy game to ref.

Brendan has been unlucky in that Sarsfields have played in the last 5 county senior finals so he hasn't had the chance to ref one so glad he got the opportunity to ref a big game yesterday.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 6:28 am

I'd imagine if moorefield are in the county final he would also be ruled out.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 6:54 am

Yes, he can't do a final involving a Newbridge team!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 8:02 am

Might be a bit of a wait to get one.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 9:34 am

Only happened 3 times I think since 2000. Cant see it happening again for a long time. Not that it matters who wins as we seem miles behind Dublin at club level.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 6:31 pm

We all know how far the rest of the province is behind Dublin at county level but at club level it is increased due to the amount of transfers Dublin clubs can attract. Vincent's had 6 country players on their panel last Sunday. Nearly all the clubs in Dublin have at least one outside influence on their teams. I am not sure what if anything the GAA can do about it to level the playing field.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 8:13 pm

topcat wrote:
We all know how far the rest of the province is behind Dublin at county level but at club level it is increased due to the amount of transfers Dublin clubs can attract. Vincent's had 6 country players on their panel last Sunday. Nearly all the clubs in Dublin have at least one outside influence on their teams. I am not sure what if anything the GAA can do about it to level the playing field.

Vincent's lose out last year so sign Enda Varley. Of course Enda is just doing it for the love of the Parish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championships   Leinster club championships - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster club championships
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next