Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

club championship 2018

Go down 
+71
Kildare98
bite the pillow
realmoore
TheManInTheStands
All down the line
maccie
Sam1928
Onhisboot
ToePoke
Botch
Seanymac
jobluts
Fizzer
reichenhall
Snowwhite
micky murphy
LillieLad
kildarecat
DONTPULLOUT
totalgaa
tpos
Anyonebutthedubs
Eddieboy
losthope
fatherted
Liffey Likes
Flamingo
Sidelineball
lilysavage
Celbridgelad
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
white boy
Taibi
lily4fr
TheBigDog#
Curraghplains
kildaregaa365
lomond
moatesports
Horsebox
murof
Fear An Geata
Kildare Castle
Bángoléir
lilywhites on tour
Big Full Back
kickingking
Caprea
Cilldara_2000
Yoyo
bigball
greenergrass
White Bridge
steviegenius
parcel
shoutitout
Onechance
Ogie
topcat
Frankel
lillyboy
jim
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
jimmers
SeamusMurphy
sarsno1
bloodsub
Jimmy winning matches
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

club championship 2018 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 am

murof wrote:
Pretty much what I expected, Moorefield with aggressive tackling and 2 goals settled the game early on, just like last year. Athy's full back line and goalkeeper were truly awful.
Moorefield are miles ahead of every team in Kildare and have a good chance of retaining their title. I don't like their cynical side but they get away with it often. Tyrell was very good today, hit some lovely points.
2nd half of minor was great entertainment with 5 goals scored.

Wasn't the worst county final in recent year's.

Last edited by Gaa1928 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 am

Minor matches on Saturday and Sunday were very good.

Towers 1 14 Balyna 0 10. Those 2 Balyna red cards turned the game on its head. You really have to keep your gob shut and get on with it in a championship final. And all those missed frees. Towers more composed on the dead balls.

Naas 3 14 Clane 3 10. If only Clane had started putting the ball in sooner in the match.....regrets. A great game though.

Thought Athy were very poor yesterday. Lumping the ball in. Defended very softly. No real intensity or game plan. That's just a neutral view.

It was over after 15 minutes.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Certainly wasn't the worst. These are the easily 2 best teams in the county. The game was quite tactical . Hard to look good when you get no space.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Agree it wasn't the worst I've seen, some of the Newbridge derby matches were dire but this one was never in doubt. Pity McCarron wasn't fit, he would have made a difference.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Moorefield always ahead and had that bit extra, Athy will feel sorry for themselves and will have loads of excuses...............
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Lads I don't think it was that bad at all and Moorefield played some nice stuff at times, and then slowed it all down when things were getting too hectic.
Adam Tyrrell was just class all day, he showed so well and his little passes inside were great.

For all the coaching that goes on in modern football it's a direct ball (not an effing skyscraper) that can cause trouble to a full-back line.
When Kelly drifted out and delivered some it caused mayhem. But Athy killed themselves so often and even when Moorefield were rocking a bit there were times when they had noone inside the opposition 21 or Feely in there totally alone.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Tyrell consistemtly does it in county finals. Should be on Kildare panel, maybe its his oversea duties which prevent it but hopefully he'll get called in next year.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 2:52 am

Who are these guys calling Moorefield cynical?, I thought they defended as a well disiplined outfit, as cynical tackles goes Athy would have won the match hands down, yeah we all know you hate the Newbridge teams, but stop telling porky pies because a Newbridge team won again, get over your jealousy and go out and beat them, if you can?

Kilkenny suffered the same acussations when they were winning left right and center, accused of stuff they were never doing, in fact their rivals were much more cynical in their quest to rid Kilkenny of their dominance often helped by prejudicial refs, success breeds jealousy understandable in the narrow minded world of todays GAA!.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 3:19 am

lilysavage wrote:
Tyrell consistemtly does it in county finals. Should be on Kildare panel, maybe its his oversea duties which prevent it but hopefully he'll get called in next year.

Adam can be shit hot, when he's on his game he's as good a forward found anywhere in the county, but I've have my doubts whether Adam could cope with all the restrictions that comes with county football, he's more than good enough thats certain, kicked some great scores yesterday and has a physical presence about him, not knocked off the ball easy.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 7:06 am

Relax kildarecat. I don't see any anti Newbridge bias here. Moorefield were by far the better team. The fact that they defended well has nothing to do with them being cynical. They were cynical in other ways as we all saw yesterday. And see regularly from them. So stop playing the victim. They are a great club team.

On Tyrell. He is good enough for the county but as far as I know he is not interested in the restrictive life of a county player. Every man to himself. He looks sharp and fresh.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 8:34 am

Botch wrote:
Relax kildarecat. I don't see any anti Newbridge bias here. Moorefield were by far the better team. The fact that they defended well has nothing to do with them being cynical. They were cynical in other ways as we all saw yesterday. And see regularly from them. So stop playing the victim. They are a great club team.

On Tyrell. He is good enough for the county but as far as I know he is not interested in the restrictive life of a county player. Every man to himself. He looks sharp and fresh.

Cynical I'm straining to see anything Moorefield done yesterday that was any way close to cynical?

To me they defended as they usually do, if they were losing Durney and Murray can get forward big time

My point been, if Moorefield really needed they had that option but that option never materialised, final scoreline flattered Athy, Moorefield could have had 5 goals.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Pulling down shorts no? Maybe he just wanted a ride.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Pulling down shorts no? Maybe he just wanted a ride.

I suppose you conveniently failed to notice the Moorefield player with his jersey ripped off his shoulder.

Basically there was nothing much more going on Sunday that you wouldn't get in any hard fought championship games anywhere in the country, thats why I find the accusations about Moorefield been cynical stems from simple jealousy, its human nature to try and knock the most successful teams, ABU or ABMS.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Sorry you said you struggled to see anything that was close to cynical. Anyone know what the penalty for pulling down shorts is by the way? Im sure the Moores checked it out beforehand . Most cynical team in Kildare for past 15 years. Everyone knows it. Most successful too of course.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Moorefield naming Philips to start was a trick that worked perfect for them and Athy fell for it. Athy already had M Hyland and Gibbons named in their forward line and by starting Foley for B Kelly left them with only 3 forwards starting. Athy were never going to win any game with 3 forwards let alone a county final against Moorefield. Athy were worried by Moorefield, and rightly so, but to not play to their own strengths, fast attacking football, left them imo no chance of winning the game.

Moorefield are very clever on and off the pitch at county level and I would like to see them push on and do that in Leinster also.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 12:10 am

lilysavage wrote:
Sorry you said you struggled to see anything that was close to cynical. Anyone know what the penalty for pulling down shorts is by the way? Im sure the Moores checked it out beforehand . Most cynical team in Kildare for past 15 years. Everyone knows it. Most successful too of course.

We can't have it both ways here. If you take out the antics of Cian O'Connor then I say F all else that any other team is not at around the county.
We give out shite about Kildare being too nice while our county champions are being criticised for not being nice enough...
You cannot argue Moorefield played the football and, as they always do, make teams play their game.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 am

lilysavage wrote:

"Most cynical team in Kildare for past 15 years"

Probably the most ridiculous statement ever said on this website, un-effing believable, so you can only win titles by been cynical, good football doesn't have anything to do with it, so all of Moorefields 9 titles since the turn of the century were only won because they were cynical yeah?
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 1:00 am

Kildarecat, I may be wrong but I don't think anyone is getting at you or Moorefield. Moorefield play a certain way. t is what suits them and it gives them the best chance of winning. Most of us would love to see our own clubs and even the county do the same.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 1:18 am

shoutitout wrote:
Kildarecat, I may be wrong but I don't think anyone is getting at you or Moorefield. Moorefield play a certain way. t is what suits them and it gives them the best chance of winning. Most of us would love to see our own clubs and even the county do the same.

Thats a little ambiguous shoutitout, they play gaelic football defend and attack, we don't always win but as team spirit goes Moorefield have it in spades, you don't win two Leinster titles if you havent got team spirit, to be called cynical annoys the sh!t out of me.

Remember Paddy Murray in full flow, the guy that idiot Nolan substituted against Roscommon, after tearing the Ross a new asshole in the first half, probably the most mysterious substitution of all time?
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 1:52 am

kildarecat wrote:
shoutitout wrote:

Thats a little ambiguous shoutitout, they play gaelic football defend and attack, we don't always win but as team spirit goes Moorefield have it in spades, you don't win two Leinster titles if you havent got team spirit, to be called cynical annoys the sh!t out of me.

Remember Paddy Murray in full flow, the guy that idiot Nolan substituted against Roscommon, after tearing the Ross a new asshole in the first half, probably the most mysterious substitution of all time?

Was the slowing down of the county final in 2017 by Moorefield not cycnical ?? when they stopped the quick kickouts by Celbridge by kicking a ball out to the middle of field from the dugout on 4 or 5 occasions ??

Moorefield tried to target David Hyland all game on Sunday, by stopping his runs for kickouts, pulling and dragging him when making runs during the game??
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:27 am

Moorefield are the cleverest/best coached team in Kildare by a distance. Is there an element of cynicism in their play? Of course there is any team that is as consistent/successful as they have been will have that. Cynical has become a dirty word in GAA but to me all it means is being well coached and playing to the edge of the rules. If cynicism becomes ill discipline then that particular team will never get close to winning anything.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 3:18 am

Winner get trophies others find excuses and talk about cynical play etc.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 5:27 am

micky murphy wrote:
Winner get trophies others find excuses and talk about cynical play etc.

Can we not talk about both, the team getting the trophy being cynical?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 9:21 am

Moorefield have a management team of 3 very recent players, I think they all played a part in the 2014 county final, who appreciate what it takes to win a county title in this era.  

However, as we Irish are well known for, anybody being successful at what they do will always have begrudgers. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Tommy yes for sure can talk about the team getting the trophy being cynical, but my opinion is shouldn't take any credit from them for doing this and doing whatever it takes to win championships.... I wish my club and even the county team had a lot more about them.... think most people on here do too..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

club championship 2018
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next