Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
+58
lillyboy
kelf
LillieLad
shortgrass
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Flamingo
walsheman
squire
Cmonthelillies
Goff28
intheback
learmus
Jimmy winning matches
topcat
micky murphy
inexile
Dinny Breen
flourman
Gaa1928
fatherted
Frankel
Onechance
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Borderline
lilywhites on tour
kildaregaa365
Xavi
Fear An Geata
kickingking
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
rgb
bigball
All down the line
Twentyeight
shoeshine
Cranky
murof
jimmers
Highball
totalgaa
Captain1928
Liffey Likes
tomoneillandhissisteranne
shoutitout
if_in_doubt
jj
TommyKeegan
hawker
Sam1928
Fizzer
Cilldara_2000
Rex
KILL BILL
Kildare98
FearBan
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:52 am

Only for Kildare senior management and players we would being in Croke Park last Saturday night playing mayo
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:06 am

Absolutely - disgraceful for officials to vote how they did that time. NEVER AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:09 am

See Donegal have kicked up over Dublin in Croke Park in Super 8s. Glad to see what we began is continuing.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:18 am

Also hugely embarrassing week for clubs like Kilcullen & Grange who so pathetically bend the knee to the Dubs & GAA HQ.

The rest of us are out there kicking ass & taking names and those boys are too busy looking for Bernard Brogan's autograph. And yet they'd be the first to hop on the bandwagon after a spectacular display of defiance like this.

Would make you sick.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:18 am

Donegal v Dublin July 14 Croke Park

Armagh or Roscommon v Donegal July 21 or 22 away game

Donegal v cork or Tyrone. August 4,5 or 6 home game

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:20 am

First game is supposed to be neutral round though. They can't win as rules on their side but at least they are showing up the bullsh*t again. Line in their statement summed it up as they want clarification as to how the same ground can be neutral and home for Dublin.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 am

It is total bullshit - and as Jim McGuinness says, leaves a huge question mark over their legacy. Not that there aren't plenty anyway with the rampant financial doping.

Don't expect that to hear that out of the likes of Spleen O'Riordan & Yawn Moran tho.

First question to Jonny Cooper or some such from the Paper of Record: "Jonny - is this Dublin team the greatest team of its generation or the greatest of all time?"

Pass the sick bucket. Then pass another one.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:49 am

Btw if you want a good laugh check out Alan Brogan's tweets & columns on the matter - they are genuinely risible, farcical.

The Kilcullen & Grange lads think it's great stuff no doubt.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:35 pm

For the record

Its one home game, one away game and one game in Croke Park. No mention of neutral as far as I know.

Having said that it's great to see the morons over on res duds having a complete meltdown with the whole thing. lol! lol! lol!

This is fuckin epic.

Last edited by hawker on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Good aul Alan - ".. to my mind Dublin have never trained in Croke Park", the neck of them
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 pm

I don't think Donegal are onto a winner here. The rules don't say a neutral venue. What is specified is that the first round of games are to be held in Croke Park.

Which is not to say that I don't hope they succeed. I hope they do but I just can't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:47 pm

The question I believe Donegal want clarification on is how can your Neutral Venue and your Home Venue be the same place. This is the very same argument which was questioned in the egg chasing as to how Leinster could play both there Home games and Neutral games in the Aviva.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 am

Hurlerbehindtheditch wrote:
The question I believe Donegal want clarification on is how can your Neutral Venue and your Home Venue be the same place. This is the very same argument which was questioned in the egg chasing as to how Leinster could play both there Home games and Neutral games in the Aviva.

Nub of the issue, which actually gives Roscommon or Armagh a case to move Dublin's third game more than Donegal to move the first.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 am

As TK rightly points out they have tied themselves in knots with this and the only way out is by playing their "home" game in Parnell Park.

In essence the GAA are classifying Croke Park as a home venue for Dublin whatever way you want to look at it.

I thought for years Croke Park was never a home venue for Dublin according to the Dubs and the GAA.
Well looks like the GAA have rubberstamped it now for all to see with the way they have set their fixtures for Dublin.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:08 am

Last Thursday Alan Milton literally said Croke Park wasn't their home on Newstalk.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:31 am

Where did all this BS about "neutral venue" come from................ Nothing about it in the super 8 rules.

Home, Away & Croke Park all that are mentioned...............

Now if some people are trying to prevent Croke Park being hired by the Dubs for their home games at least have to courage to be upfront and say so................they might even get support !!!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:37 am

But Kelf, while I agree rules are clear, is it not fair to ask why in a simple three game group one side gets two home and one away, another one home and two away, and two more get a home neutral and away. It literally destroys the integrity and fairness of the competition. Correct the suits at Congress still drink on gravy vote and won't even show what way they vote in what is pure selfish politics, but back in the real world counties cannot object or raise questions until fixtures published which is all that happened here. A very fair question is being asked that will put pressure to make sure 2019 is different.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:54 am

This was voted on by all counties at Congress (or was it a Special Congress ?).

so all Donegal are now trying is generate a little bit of hot air to lift their players but compared to NEWBRIDGEORNOWHERE its a little cold & flat............

Now if you want to demolish the stadium which happens to be in Drumcondra and build a NEUTRAL one where do you propose to site it ??? 100 miles off-shore in the Atlantic of the Celtic Sea !!!

The question for Donegal (and Kildare) is how did their 6/10 elected delegates vote !!!

As you say "the suits" at Congress often did not show how they voted. In the past many had no idea what they were voting on. Some there every year for 50/60 years. I got my ass handed to me when a club nominated me for the role..............
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 10:38 am

The Capacity for Parnell Park is 13,500.. maybe Dublin should be asked to nominate a ground for their home match v Roscommon/Armagh.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 4:20 am

Didn't know where to put this, but I'm told Celbridge the latest club to be employ the Brogan dynasty for an appearance... Well done lads.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 6:35 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, but I'm told Celbridge the latest club to be employ the Brogan dynasty for an appearance... Well done lads.

Doing what exactly?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 7:30 am

jj wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

Doing what exactly?

According to another forum - and that's where info from rather than anything concrete - Alan with medals at an underage tournament middle of the month?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 7:03 am

We need to continue to name & shame these clubs until they get the message it is unacceptable. If mine did it I would blow a fucking gasket.

Overall, though, we are the only Leinster county left who genuinely hate the Dubs & stand up to them. Make no mistake - Meath have given up. Even their media pundits like O'Rourke, Flynn et al - their servility towards Dublin football is sickening. There a few Kildare lads in the national media who always sew into the Dubs & honestly it would do you proud.

At the U20 Leinster final, I wanted the team to produce their best & just bury them. Delighted they did, one of those very sweet wins. Dubs outraged as usual that it was one trophy they couldn't buy.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 7:34 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
We need to continue to name & shame these clubs until they get the message it is unacceptable. If mine did it I would blow a fucking gasket.

Overall, though, we are the only Leinster county left who genuinely hate the Dubs & stand up to them. Make no mistake - Meath have given up. Even their media pundits like O'Rourke, Flynn et al - their servility towards Dublin football is sickening. There a few Kildare lads in the national media who always sew into the Dubs & honestly it would do you proud.

At the U20 Leinster final, I wanted the team to produce their best & just bury them. Delighted they did, one of those very sweet wins. Dubs outraged as usual that it was one trophy they couldn't buy.
All Ireland U20 trophy was at event .it’s U10 Football Tournament with the brogans were one main sponsors
Back to top Go down
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

All Ireland U20 trophy was at event .it’s  U10 Football Tournament with the  brogans were one main sponsors
Teams from all over the country invited to this tournament. Also there was Tony Archibald and the Tim Clarke cup. The Brogans have a business involvement in the hotel in Celbridge which employs people from the locality and the surrounding areas. Shame on them indeed !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17