Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to next?

Go down 
+40
Cassanata
flourman
Hurlerbehindtheditch
murof
Big Full Back
lily4fr
Snowwhite
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
Rex
Badger85
lomond
Taibi
jj
TheManInTheStands
totalgaa
Gaa1928
lilysavage
Liffey Likes
white boy
SeamusMurphy
micky murphy
steviegenius
Kildare98
tpos
Highball
fatherted
Caprea
intheback
OutTheGap
jimmers
bite the pillow
Ois
maccie
lillyboy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
Cilldara_2000
DONTPULLOUT
KILL BILL
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Where to next?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 9:00 am

Stating the obvious here but county board needs to think very hard about this appointment, because it’s setting the tone for Kildare football for the new decade.

McGeeney left us in good shape but Jesus could there have been a bigger disaster of an appointment than Jason Ryan. 2015: Relegation to Div 3 & combined 50 point defeat to Dublin & Kerry in championship.

It was almost like an experiment to see how atrocious we could get in the quickest possible time.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 10:28 am

Davy Burke is not some great saviour. As hyland is not some great forward. Both have great potential but as can be seen even hyland who was outstanding at u20 last year is finding div 2 players very tough to play against. There is massive step up from u20 to senior.

Burke obviously has very good qualities but senior management is a lot harder. As he is finding in sarsfields. Again I am not getting at him. Maybe he is worth a punt.

It's so important we get a good choice in. I do believe we have a good bunch of players from u16 all the way to u23. With the right person in charge we can make division one. That's the aim imo. Forget Leinster.

I also believe a group that DOES NOT include the usual heads need to meet on the next appointment. There are plenty of good footballing and clever people in the county.

The present county board is stale. Changes at a few positions are needed but as we know there is not exactly a queue for these jobs.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 10:43 am

The talk this evening is Cake Curran wants Brick Walsh & Gizzy Lyng as part of his backroom team.

Also wants county board to finance Mario Ballotelli as team mentor/psychologist. Believes he is quote “perfect fit for Kildare GAA”.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 pm

On a different note, I always rated Liam Healy and Shea Ryan as good solid defenders, the type that would at least strengthen the panel. I know they were both in in 2017 - are they off the boil, unable to commit, or were they just not wanted?
Back to top Go down
maccie
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:46 pm

John Divilly ex Galway and Leixlip centre back and current manager of UCD is the type of manager Kildare should be after. He has won Sigerson and has a good way with people and players. The next set up have to convince all best young Kildare players to commit to a vision to make Kildare successful. Recent league and championship results show that Kildare are somewhere between 12th-15th best team in country. The near term ambition has to be get into and stay in Div 1 and be ready to compete with Dublin in 3-5 years (post Jim Galvin who is ruthless and will never let standards drop while in charge).
Kildare badly need some in your face defenders(ala Lee Keegan) who will do anything to put forward off his game and i agree with "Ohtoohtobe "that Ryan and Healy are best we have at present. The track record of current crew is poor and we have a defender sent off or black carded in every second game.
Kildare had too many small forwards last Saturday against Tyrone, you need to be close to 6 foot to compete with power and pace of best teams.Forwards need to be first line of defense and must slow down defenders coming out with ball. All good Kerry teams give slow down frees between 45-70m when opposition counter attack,(jersey pull, accidental crossing).
Fitness and getting players tuned in seem to be an issue with current squad,McGeeney and Micko teams would never be found wanting in this department.
We are all looking for improvement in Kildare performance and all hopefully this come sooner rather than later.Look at the feel good factor the U20's tapped into in 2018 where spectators enjoyed going to matches and saw some great attacking and defensive football in equal measures.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 8:09 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
The talk this evening is Cake Curran wants Brick Walsh & Gizzy Lyng as part of his backroom team.

Also wants county board to finance Mario Ballotelli as team mentor/psychologist. Believes he is quote “perfect fit for Kildare GAA”.
there already few Mario ballotelli in Panel
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:10 am

Would love to see Glenn Ryan given a go. I think he deserves his chance.

McStay - wouldn't be against it.
McGuinness - not an option.
Rochford - logistically unrealistic.
Burke - for me, no. Don't care for his attitude and ego.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:23 am

I reckon He'd love the opportunity to Manage His County taibi.
Glen would be my choice.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:44 am

Manager - Glenn

Selectors - Roli, J Doyle, D Burke

That'd do the finest, if players weren't motivated to play for a management team like that, well then they are in the wrong business.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 am

Next county board meeting is September
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 3:02 am

flourman wrote:
Manager - Glenn

Selectors - Roli, J Doyle, D Burke

That'd do the finest, if players weren't motivated to play for a management team like that, well then they are in the wrong business.
That would be my dream team. What are the odds on it happening though???
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 am

somewhere between slim and none I'd say
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 3:16 am

Could anyone seriously argue with Flourman's dream ticket... We'll probably get Paul Bealin now.

Genuinely, everything you'd need in that line-up, make it happen county board!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 4:50 am

Doesn't the chairman have some beef with Glenn or did I imagine it.
Anyway that would be a sweet set up and I personally would follow Glenn Ryan into War if he deemed it the right thing to do. The Greatest Lilywhite in my eyes.

If the players didn't perform for them there would be pitchforks waiting at Hawkfield.

Tommy Carr it is then.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 4:51 am

If Burke wouldn’t be a number 2 this year, what makes you think he’ll do it next year?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 6:33 am

Maybe because he would see three Kildare greats there with him and think he might learn something, help his County and set himself up to take over.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 7:00 am

What Rex said.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 7:12 am

Rex wrote:
Doesn't the chairman have some beef with Glenn or did I imagine it.
Anyway that would be a sweet set up and I personally would follow Glenn Ryan into War if he deemed it the right thing to do. The Greatest Lilywhite in my eyes.

If the players didn't perform for them there would be pitchforks waiting at Hawkfield.

Tommy Carr it is then.

Brian Lacey on the stats ?.
Can't see Glenn been offered it tbh.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 7:17 am

If they didn't give it to glenn, dermot, johnny and brian the last time, why would they give it to them this time? Outrageous considering what they've given to this county over the years.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 7:31 am

If Ryan is not considered due to some personal conflict with Ger Donnelley, well then Donnelley should be asked to resign
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 8:21 am

Glenn Ryan should have got the Kildare senior job the year after getting to U21 final, he didn't but I think the train has left the platform now. Some one who has successful management experience in the recent past. Only 2 that come to my mind are Davy Burke or Ross Glavin. Great players aren't always good managers
Back to top Go down
Ois
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 8:37 am

Lads,
Kieran McGeeney has completed 5 years with Armagh now and may be finishing up with them. He has made serious progress working with about 25% of the talent we have.
6 years with Kildare and 5 with Armagh equals 11 years of quality management experience.
Kieran as manager, Davy Burke as sole selector. That way Davy gets to put his imprint on the team or maybe co-managers like the Clare hurlers?
Or is it way past my bedtime???
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 8:43 am

It's about 6 years past your bedtime
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 8:44 am

Glenn has a very good managerial record as well as been one of the greatest players to ever pull on a white jersey, I think he's more than qualified to take over.

Burke only went one step further with the U20/21s with a far better team, Jimmy Hyland being the outlier.

Funny thing is neither of these guys will get the job while Donnelly is in situ as there is beef with Glenn and Burke had a pop at the CB not so long ago. I agree Donnelly needs to go, he has too much baggage now.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 9:00 am

Taibi wrote:
Glenn has a very good managerial record as well as been one of the greatest players to ever pull on a white jersey, I think he's more than qualified to take over.

Burke only went one step further with the U20/21s with a far better team, Jimmy Hyland being the outlier.

Funny thing is neither of these guys will get the job while Donnelly is in situ as there is beef with Glenn and Burke had a pop at the CB not so long ago. I agree Donnelly needs to go, he has too much baggage now.
ger gone in December
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to next?
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: