Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA

Go down 
+18
Taibi
KILL BILL
bloodsub
lilysavage
lilywhites on tour
Highball
Caprea
Flamingo
BearintheSquare
Gaa1928
topcat
Ohtoohtobe
Rex
Curraghplains
Badger85
Cilldara_2000
CILLDara 1998
FionnMcCool
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 7:57 pm

There’s too many people thinking outside the box here 😄😄 The Kildare county board can’t be having that.

I’d say they’re planning a monthly golf classic and a quarterly race day. Why fix what isn’t broken?

Oh, and raising the price for Club Kildare... we can’t have the general public joining.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 8:10 pm

I also think our championship structures don't help prepare club players for county football, currently there are 16 teams in our senior championship, I personally believe that is 6 teams too many.

I believe if we split it to 10 senior, 16 intermediate and 16 junior it would create far more competitive games across all grades. Getting this through at convention would be nigh on impossible as I can't see clubs voting for a situation that could see 6 teams relegated from both senior and intermediate grades.

If we had two groups of 5 at senior it would give 4 competitive games at group stages before knockout games start. It should also ensure higher level games at intermediate and Junior especially at the latter stages of the championship. Just an idea, probably kite flying as it would never get through at convention.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 8:51 pm

The problem with that is you'd end up with serious mis matches in the junior championship then. Personally I think the solution would be to introduce a senior B competition that a lot of counties have. Say 10 senior, 10 senior B, 12 Intermediate and 12 junior would keep all grades relatively competitive. The knock on effect of this is we wouldn't be as competitive in the leinster club Intermediate championship where we've had a bit of success in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 4:55 am

Davy Burke has stepped down from the Wicklow job. Surely, if he wants it, there’s a place for him in the senior set up? A succession process maybe?

seamymurphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 am

I was thinking that, a year on the backroom staff with a view to eventual succession
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 4:31 am

Rumours are circling that Davy Burke could in charge next season
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 8:34 pm

Like I'd really like to see him involved and we had some kind of plan for who is in next.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Probably in the running for the Dublin job,Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 10:25 pm

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
Rumours are circling that Davy Burke could in charge next season

Yep, in charge of Laois.

Gaa1928 and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 1:21 am

I can't see Davy Burke jumping on the manager merry go round
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 7:15 pm

He’d be mad to go near laois. Brian Murphy might be stepping away this year, due to work commitments according to Cribbin in a Liffey Champion interview.
It seems to me that the obvious, and best decision for Davy would be to take his place, if it’s offered to him. He could bring a lot to the table, and the chance to work with somebody like O’Connor can only improve him as a manager.
I succession project like the Dubs have done, could work well for us.

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 6:01 pm

Badger85 wrote:
He’d be mad to go near laois. Brian Murphy might be stepping away this year, due to work commitments according to Cribbin in a Liffey Champion interview.
It seems to me that the obvious, and best decision for Davy would be to take his place, if it’s offered to him. He could bring a lot to the table, and the chance to work with somebody like O’Connor can only improve him as a manager.
I succession project like the Dubs have done, could work well for us.

There is huge danger for Davy un going in as a selector, if things go poorly, he is associated with that failure, whereas any success is attributed to Jack, if I were Davy I would either take a year out or take another top job, he has a lot of credit in the bank givern his work with the 20's with Sarsfields and also success with Wicklow, he doesn't need to go in as a selector with Jack to gain any extra experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 2:30 am

Jack openly flirty with an ex. Hurts.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 3:44 am

Papabear wrote:
Jack openly flirty with an ex. Hurts.

Might suits all parties concerned, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 8:31 am

Very interesting comments from Jack. Particularly the lack of buzz around the county team matches.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 8:58 am

Jack O'Connor: 'The Kerry gig is a fantastic job. Of course, there is an allure there'
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40369652.html

I'm highly offended and insulted :😨 😨
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 9:19 am

'There is huge danger for Davy un going in as a selector, if things go poorly, he is associated with that failure, whereas any success is attributed to Jack'

Didn't Jason Ryan get the job after being a selector under McGeeney ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 9:34 am

CillDara71 wrote:
'There is huge danger for Davy un going in as a selector, if things go poorly, he is associated with that failure, whereas any success is attributed to Jack'

Didn't Jason Ryan get the job after being a selector under McGeeney ?

And what a roaring success that turned out to be
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 7:35 pm

True...but not the point I was making
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 8:21 pm

Lads is anyone else disgusted with that interview by Jack O'Connor? Honestly? Or is there something wrong with me?

seamymurphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 8:22 pm

jim wrote:
Lads is anyone else disgusted with that interview by Jack O'Connor? Honestly? Or is there something wrong with me?

100% Jim..............for me his position is now untenable. County board should be getting rid right away

lilywhites on tour and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 8:28 pm

Badger85 wrote:
Very interesting comments from Jack. Particularly the lack of buzz around the county team matches.
the county board could not promote the Leinster final on their social media pages , took them 2 days before match to tell people to put up flags
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 8:31 pm

White Bridge wrote:
jim wrote:

100% Jim..............for me his position is now untenable. County board should be getting rid right away

Won't have to if Kerry Job is on offer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA   Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for Serious conversation about Kildare GAA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2